Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

Old Nov 10th 2010, 7:20 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by Katie1955
Does this mean that there will be fewer Marmite/Vegemite jokes flying around unless we recruit some more ?!/xxxx**** obsessed Marmite/vegemite bods ??

Good luck all

Katie
Oh No, not at all, I am afraid they are here to stay.

Matt
Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:07 pm

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
The 1st statement is true if the engines shut down, but if they explode & take half the wing with them its not quite the same! Having been on a military aircraft that had 3 engines shut down, believe you me its scary!

Matt
It must have been a Hastings???
Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:37 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by K and M
It must have been a Hastings???
No, it was a Herc taking off from Akrotiri!!

Matt
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:10 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

The 1st statement is true if the engines shut down, but if they explode & take half the wing with them its not quite the same! Having been on a military aircraft that had 3 engines shut down, believe you me its scary!

Matt
Right! It was the lack of a wing that worried me rather than a simple engine failure.

But like others on here, we've flown some dodgy carriers. Liat (Caribbean)comes to mind and some of the island-hopping mountain-dodgers in Papua New Guinea.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

susanRem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope someone can help. Tried searching but no luck. I have my permanent CP visa and validated last December. I am going again, flying with Emirates, on 21 November for 3 months. Has anyone taken out flight only insurance and if so, with whom? I am having difficulty finding anyone. Having already registered with Medicare I feel I don't need full insurance and only want insurance for cancellation, mishaps en route etc. Can anyone help?

Susan
Old Nov 11th 2010, 12:26 pm

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Originally Posted by susanRem
Hope someone can help. Tried searching but no luck. I have my permanent CP visa and validated last December. I am going again, flying with Emirates, on 21 November for 3 months. Has anyone taken out flight only insurance and if so, with whom? I am having difficulty finding anyone. Having already registered with Medicare I feel I don't need full insurance and only want insurance for cancellation, mishaps en route etc. Can anyone help?

Susan
Hi Susan,
have you tried your bank, my bank NatWest offers insurance cover with the credit I use, this may be an option worth looking at as it would probably be more cost effective than other types.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Susan
G'Day

We found something like this (several years ago, mind) at Flight Centre – not their "normal" travel insurance, but a more bespoke type.

Or what about Emirates themselves?

Mike
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Hi everyone,

Good luck for the one way trippers! We have booked with Emirates for the second time (they were good Cath and Tone) but from Gatwick you don't go on the A380 which we don't mind really. Unlike Singapore your longest stretch is the second leg, but it is overall a shorter journey.
We go February 24th so it will be our last Christmas in UK to spend with remaining family. We can then look forward to Christmas in July with our girls and boys countdown has begun.

Keep in touch you PIPS and we will arrange that get together in Kings Park.
The very best of good wishes for a happy future to you all.
Hi Barabaran

Maybe we can meet up when we come over in June. Hopefully we will be able to stay till our visa is granted, but may have to come back to sell our house at some stage.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Matt
#

Oooh!! Don't!!!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Hi Barabaran

Maybe we can meet up when we come over in June. Hopefully we will be able to stay till our visa is granted, but may have to come back to sell our house at some stage.
I will try and get a something going like a thread for PIPS. I am not good at IT so will ask our wonderful friend Steve what I have to do for this. Yes June sounds good to me and I am sure that the other PIPS will be up for this.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

ancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really nice

Originally Posted by Barbaran
I will try and get a something going like a thread for PIPS. I am not good at IT so will ask our wonderful friend Steve what I have to do for this. Yes June sounds good to me and I am sure that the other PIPS will be up for this.
We second that, meeting in Kings Park in June will be great. It may be possible to have an earlier meeting, if some of the PIPS get out earlier. We can just hope that we all have good news soon. We too have to wait until our house is sold. As everyone knows the housing market is not so good at the moment?? Lets all hope for each other for good news re: house sales. Pat & John:humbsup::fingerscro ssed:
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

framboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really nice

We third that, our house currently for sale, and if house sold, our plans are to move in May, visa allowing. See you in Kings Park, our own thread would be good for the PIPS
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Susan
We emigrated in October and had the same problem - then found STA Travel - I couldn't find what I wanted on their website so telephoned them. It was called Gold Flight Only Cover - and it covered both legs of the journey.
0871 230 0040 - I have just taken this number from the website.
It cost us £13.00 including IPT (Insurance Premium Tax)
Julie and Ian
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Julian927
We emigrated in October and had the same problem - then found STA Travel - I couldn't find what I wanted on their website so telephoned them. It was called Gold Flight Only Cover - and it covered both legs of the journey.
0871 230 0040 - I have just taken this number from the website.
It cost us £13.00 including IPT (Insurance Premium Tax)
Julie and Ian
This sounds excellent
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

durhamlad is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by durhamlad
We found it also helps if you take your UK Health Insurance Card with you, it used to be the form E111, as it proves you are covered with your home countries National Heath Scheme as the Medicare Scheme is a reciprocal agreement between the two.

DJ
Just arrived in cairns for three months and went to register with Medicare and they told us they no longer register temporary visitors. We now have to pay up front for any medical treatment then take the receipt for the payment, our flight details, passports, address where staying and our Health Insurance Card to one of their offices for a refund.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.