Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Airline baggage allowances

Originally Posted by SueAshforth
How come I get more replies when I mention Vegemite than anything else? And what's wrong with good old Bovril for our non-vegetarians....mmmm, lovely on toast!!
Hurrah, Go for it girl. Only problem is it does have a shelf life
Old Nov 26th 2010, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

For the Aussies:

Vegemite, Vegemite
Made to set your world alight!
Better than Bovril, better than jam
Even better when eaten with Spam!

Hmmmm... erm... sorry - told you I was excited!!

I am with you Sue, Bovril is tops, and the verse you've quoted should make the Expat Aussies happy.
Best wishes from another near ender. as my final cheque has just been acknowleged, permit and then validation a few weeks ahead.

Elaine
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:18 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The CPV Thread

For the Aussies:

Vegemite, Vegemite
Made to set your world alight!
Better than Bovril, better than jam
Even better when eaten with Spam!

Hmmmm... erm... sorry - told you I was excited!!
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:24 pm

Default Re: Anyone noticed the Title in Replies?

How come I get more replies when I mention Vegemite than anything else? And what's wrong with good old Bovril for our non-vegetarians....mmmm, lovely on toast!!
People hold entrenched views on the subject it is true. But you'll find the entire Vegemite camp (ie Matt) very persuasive. Until you open a jar of the stuff anyway.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 6:18 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sue its because all these CPVers want to be TRUE AUSSIES and embrace the way of life down under, therefore they will be fully supporting Australia by eating all Australian products - im my dreams

Matt
Old Nov 27th 2010, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Sue its because all these CPVers want to be TRUE AUSSIES and embrace the way of life down under, therefore they will be fully supporting Australia by eating all Australian products - im my dreams

Matt
I think you need a name change. How about Sir Vegimite??

Charlie
Old Nov 27th 2010, 12:40 pm

Default Re: Anyone noticed the Title in Replies?

Originally Posted by sandch
People hold entrenched views on the subject it is true. But you'll find the entire Vegemite camp (ie Matt) very persuasive. Until you open a jar of the stuff anyway.
Its ok Steve, you can admit that now you are actually residing in Oz that you are having Vegemite on your toast for breakfast. We won't think anything bad of you.........

All the best

Matt
Old Nov 27th 2010, 7:42 pm

Default This could be about anything but it's Vegemite

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Its ok Steve, you can admit that now you are actually residing in Oz that you are having Vegemite on your toast for breakfast. We won't think anything bad of you.........

All the best

Matt
It's large and lurking in the cupboard Matt, challenging me. But so far I have resisted the temptation. However I do like to embrace the Aussie culture, so if England go 1-0 down at the Gabba, I'll have some on toast. Note to self: sign up for Medicare first.

Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Chris-Rob-PTK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

the whole vegimite/marmite saga makes me smile and think of you lot, every time I pass it on woolworths shelves,we haven`t given in yet but we are partial to a cup of oxo now and then . Now there`s a thought, haven`t looked for oxo yet .

Chris
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Chris-Rob-PTK
the whole vegimite/marmite saga makes me smile and think of you lot, every time I pass it on woolworths shelves,we haven`t given in yet but we are partial to a cup of oxo now and then . Now there`s a thought, haven`t looked for oxo yet .

Chris
I have heard a rumour that at all major airports in Australia, they are adding a VEGEMITE section to the Duty Free shops, so that incoming passengers can buy some "Brown Gold" as soon as they step onto Australian soil! What a brilliant idea

Sir Vegemite the 1st & Last
Old Nov 28th 2010, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Glad to see that Steve is now settled in Melbourne & Sir Vegemite will be on his way soon!! I see that the continuing debate over Vegemite & Marmite continues - hate both really - sorry

Could someone let me know how much the 143 visa is for 2009/10. I've written it down someone & just cant find where I've hidden it !! Just trying to do a bit of a budget

thanks

Katie
Old Nov 29th 2010, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris-Rob-PTK

Chris
G'day,
OXO no worries, it is available, and sits in my cupboard next to the good old Bovril. all you wish for is here.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

We've made it as far as Dubai albeit a little late leaving Gatwick due to someone being taken off the plane. On the subject of baggage allowance, our hold luggage was somewhat north of our allotted 80 kg but it went through fine. Similarly our hand luggage which was not weighed or checked in any way. Not so the lady at the next counter whose check in clerk was being quite officious and insisted on weighing hers. She was flying economy and the allowances are less.

It's still very surreal. I can't quite believe we are on our way at last. Three years in the planning!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by coloneldube
We've made it as far as Dubai albeit a little late leaving Gatwick due to someone being taken off the plane. On the subject of baggage allowance, our hold luggage was somewhat north of our allotted 80 kg but it went through fine. Similarly our hand luggage which was not weighed or checked in any way. Not so the lady at the next counter whose check in clerk was being quite officious and insisted on weighing hers. She was flying economy and the allowances are less.

It's still very surreal. I can't quite believe we are on our way at last. Three years in the planning!
ECONOMY What do some of us travel by such cheap methods?

And I bet she had Marmite in their luggage!

Matt
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:52 am

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Or £21,456 in todays money compared with £17,165 in July 2009.
It's frightning,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.