Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

Oh dear, a few teddies out of the pram I think. Anyway, back to reality and day 4 of our new life down under - I hope this is posted in the right thread. So far we have sorted out the bank account, we already had an ANZ saver but have added a current account ready to receive our UK pensions. We have visited the licensing office in Joondalup to try and sort out our driving licences but found out that because we are are both on medication for high blood pressure that we have to have a medical so the Aus government haven't quite finished fleecing us yet. However, we will apply for senior's cards first because we might be able to get a discount (not 100% sure on this). We've spent time getting to know our 3 year old granddaughter Maddie who so far much prefers granddad to grandma, hopefully she will like me better as time goes on. We've been to watch 8 year old Issy in her school Christmas production too. Later we will go car hunting. I have to say that I feel far out of my comfort zone and had a bit of a melt down over a mobile phone of all things! I'm sure it will get better when we have found a rental and have our possessions around us. I really don't like living out of a suitcase, or many suitcases in our case. Onward & upwards.

Cath & Tony
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

We were going to post re: buying a house this week with Relocation Phil Down Under.....but we don't know where to post now - would this be chit chat or useful information?....so we aren't going to bother.
Julie and Ian Leigh

Last edited by Julian927; Dec 3rd 2010 at 7:09 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 7:43 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julian927
We were going to post re: buying a house this week with Relocation Phil Down Under.....but we don't know where to post now - would this be chit chat or useful information?....so we aren't going to bother.
Julie and Ian Leigh
I think its been well covered but with one thread for immigration only issues and this thread for everything else, of course it belongs here. I'm sure people would love to hear it.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 8:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julian927
Julie and Ian Leigh
How about starting a thread about it? Use the forums as they're meant to be used. Posters other than CPV holders would be just as interested unless you only want CPV holders to know about it in which case that's what the PM system is for.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 8:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
How about starting a thread about it? Use the forums as they're meant to be used. Posters other than CPV holders would be just as interested unless you only want CPV holders to know about it in which case that's what the PM system is for.
Seem to be quite a few threads mentioning the programme from earlier in the year. Never watched it myself, but I know the threads always have a good audience, same as those about programmes like "Wanted Down Under"
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

I wonder why moderators have suddenly taken an interset in this thread?

Charlie
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 8:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie5

Charlie
Because some of the posters appear to be struggling to use BE as it was meant to be used so we're trying to encourage you all to realise there is more help and support and friendship outside of one thread.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 8:26 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie5

Charlie
Because some of the posters appear to be struggling to use BE as it was meant to be used so we're trying to encourage you all to realise there is more help and support and friendship outside of one thread.
What she said! And for your info, some of us have often read the thread, thats how why we split it the way we did this week
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 8:27 am
Just Joined

DavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to all

I have to say that I feel far out of my comfort zone and had a bit of a melt down over a mobile phone of all things! I'm sure it will get better when we have found a rental and have our possessions around us. I really don't like living out of a suitcase, or many suitcases in our case. Onward & upwards.

Cath & Tony
Hi Cath - can quite understand a meltdown - I am sure we will all go through that at various stages of this journey, please keep the reports coming as, I for one, really enjoy reading about your new experiences, and all of your information will be helpful to the rest of us following in your footsteps. We visit quite often and always feel really at home at our daughters but I know it will be very different when we move lock stock and barrel. And Maddie will soon be loving Grandma and Granddad just as much as Mum and Dad, it won't take long. (She might be feeling a bit of your anxiety - who know - but it will soon pass). Best wishes Gill
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 8:41 am
Just Joined

DavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to all

On a completely different subject -

We heard a couple of weeks ago that our Granddaughter, Scarlett, had been asked to be "the face of the Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal 2011". She had a heart transplant in 2009 and is treated at the RCH, and its her 2nd birthday tomorrow. The Director of the Appeal, and photographer from the HS (popular daily newspaper, think "Hark the **** angels + big yellow globe in the sky!) came to their home today to take photos to be used for the Appeal and because its her birthday tomorrow, they decided to write an article for publication in tomorrow's paper. She will feature in a few articles over the next few months in the paper, and will be making public appearances at various Good Friday Appeal events as well as appearing on TV and in billboard advertising.

Fame, not as we would have chosen it, but for a great cause. Once again we can only express deep sympathy and thanks to all donor families and thanks to all the wonderful medical and support staff at the RCH and all other hospitals that treat children with life threatening illness.

Gill
(Very proud Nanny!!)
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

How're the headaches Mods?
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:14 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DavidandGill
On a completely different subject -

We heard a couple of weeks ago that our Granddaughter, Scarlett, had been asked to be "the face of the Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal 2011". She had a heart transplant in 2009 and is treated at the RCH, and its her 2nd birthday tomorrow. The Director of the Appeal, and photographer from the HS (popular daily newspaper, think "Hark the **** angels + big yellow globe in the sky!) came to their home today to take photos to be used for the Appeal and because its her birthday tomorrow, they decided to write an article for publication in tomorrow's paper. She will feature in a few articles over the next few months in the paper, and will be making public appearances at various Good Friday Appeal events as well as appearing on TV and in billboard advertising.

Fame, not as we would have chosen it, but for a great cause. Once again we can only express deep sympathy and thanks to all donor families and thanks to all the wonderful medical and support staff at the RCH and all other hospitals that treat children with life threatening illness.

Gill
(Very proud Nanny!!)
You must be so proud! As you say, its not a reason anyone would choose to be famous, but what a great experience for her with the photos, appearances and everything
Is that the RCH in Melbourne?
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You must be so proud! As you say, its not a reason anyone would choose to be famous, but what a great experience for her with the photos, appearances and everything
Is that the RCH in Melbourne?
Yes - Melbourne, we have learned, one of the top three children's hospitals in the world. We now know it very well. Absolutely fantastic staff at RCH.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - now sparkling in Australia!!

Some of you appear to be missing the point. There is much on BE for everyone to get what they want. Aus Immi is for Immigration help and advice. It is totally unhelpful for anyone wanting CPV help to have to wade through pages of Aus Lifestyle info. The whole idea of BE is for people to get the help and support they require in the migration process and then proceed onto lifestyle and fun away from Immigration whilst still going in there for visa and citizenship queries and to pass on their own expertise to the new would be migrants. Just because you are CPV holders shouldn't prevent you from mingling with other visa holders and citizens, we're all quite nice and sometimes funny people.
I am sorry to say that I think that it is not the posters who have missed the point - this thread was for CPV - all things related to CPV - and that includes all the other issues related to a late in life move to the other side of the world. Many of the issues raised by CPV applicants are of absolutely no interest to other visa class applicants, but may not fit neatly into an immigration/visa discussion. We were a happy bunch giving each other support and information, together with humour and in some cases hilarity. Shame on you for spoiling the party!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Well said. Who are the customers and who are the suppliers? It seems to me that the suppliers are not listening to the customers.

Perhaps the customers will vote vote with their feet.

I know I said that I wouldn't post on this issue anymore but ......

Aaaah!

Charlie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.