Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cornwall or Melbourne :)

Cornwall or Melbourne :)

Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cornwall or Melbourne :)

Also look at The Gold Coast.

It's a great city and has everything you're looking for.

Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:48 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again Lunny,

Jan will be here in no time! Enjoy a nice summer (as we've been promised yet again!!), get Christmas out of the way (yuck) and there you go! We're moving July 2011 so a bit longer to wait than you but we're trying to be patience. It's a bit different for us as we're planning on going long term so to keep us busy we're making a list of everything we want to do in London before we go. If you're still about in Oz in July we'll have to meet up for a pint

Tx
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

lunny is a jewel in the roughlunny is a jewel in the roughlunny is a jewel in the roughlunny is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RedT
Hi again Lunny,

Jan will be here in no time! Enjoy a nice summer (as we've been promised yet again!!), get Christmas out of the way (yuck) and there you go! We're moving July 2011 so a bit longer to wait than you but we're trying to be patience. It's a bit different for us as we're planning on going long term so to keep us busy we're making a list of everything we want to do in London before we go. If you're still about in Oz in July we'll have to meet up for a pint

Tx
Hey just pm'd you! Yep- hopefully I'll be around then. Ye, Jan is not that far away. London will certainly keep you busy till July 2011 I love having something to look forward to. Yes, pint in July sounds good!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:36 am
mrs sully

Mrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really nice

Originally Posted by lunny
Hey just pm'd you! Yep- hopefully I'll be around then. Ye, Jan is not that far away. London will certainly keep you busy till July 2011 I love having something to look forward to. Yes, pint in July sounds good!
Good luck Lunny, you sound happy with your decision. Phew don't wish the time away though I'm a good bit older and I'm holding on to every minute Good to hear you so happy
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

lunny is a jewel in the roughlunny is a jewel in the roughlunny is a jewel in the roughlunny is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mrs Sully
Good luck Lunny, you sound happy with your decision. Phew don't wish the time away though I'm a good bit older and I'm holding on to every minute Good to hear you so happy

I'm always wishing my life away!, ever since I was a teenager. I'm hoping I'll grow out of it soon lol.

I'm engrossed in more research as we speak.....

Thanks Mrs.Sully
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

No I haven't even looked at Brisbane -till now, just had a quick glance, mmm interesting!
I thought you said you wanted light evenings?

You won't find them any time of year in Queensland
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
I thought you said you wanted light evenings?

You won't find them any time of year in Queensland
As I said Grayling I 'glanced' at Brisbane, did not do an in-depth analysis on it!

Jeez, what's with people waiting to jump you on this forum?

If you go back to my post I'm pretty sure I said 'long or dry evenings' you know, not like UK, where you cant even go for an evening walk coz it's lashing out. I'm not afraid of the dark yanno!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:07 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I said 'long or dry evenings' you know
Definitely stick with Melbourne then...Brisbane's very good at (short & ) wet!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

If you go back to my post I'm pretty sure I said 'long or dry evenings' you know, not like UK, where you cant even go for an evening walk coz it's lashing out.
Not been many dry evenings either in Brisbane recently.

I hope you are happy wearing mosquito repellant if you want to be out in the evening....also don't expect to see many people out and about...or anywhere open for that matter
Old Mar 30th 2010, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

cornwall
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

As I said Grayling I 'glanced' at Brisbane, did not do an in-depth analysis on it!

Jeez, what's with people waiting to jump you on this forum?

If you go back to my post I'm pretty sure I said 'long or dry evenings' you know, not like UK, where you cant even go for an evening walk coz it's lashing out. I'm not afraid of the dark yanno!
According to the defenders of the faith you're not allowed to:
- prefer Australia
- say anything bad about the UK
- compare like for like
- have a grip on your own reality

Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
According to the defenders of the faith you're not allowed to:
- prefer Australia
- say anything bad about the UK
- compare like for like
- have a grip on your own reality

Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah Jayne
I believe I said I've just spent a long winter in Devon - which is dull due to a lack of culture not due to weather.

The summers down here are great because of the coastline, the winters are not -- dinner parties discussing the relative merits of Cameron vs Brown and house prices, pubs serving similar fayre and gymkhanas are not exactly exciting. Exeter has more going on compared to the rest of the county, but even there everyone heads to London if they want to experience a good music and arts scene.

Deepest Devon is dreary in winter
And wait to you go to yet another oh so boring BBQ and all people want to discuss is how much their houses are worth,the merits of the latest Holden(car)and yes politics!Apart from a hot summer,you'll be swapping like for like!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:29 am
Bitter and twisted

So....within a few posts you have gone from being someone who could not decide between Cornwall or Melbourne and who wanted light evenings.....to a fully paid up godzoner

have you ever actually been to Australia?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Grayling
So....within a few posts you have gone from being someone who could not decide between Cornwall or Melbourne and who wanted light evenings.....to a fully paid up godzoner

have you ever actually been to Australia?
Cornwall wasn't an issue, it was always going to be Melbourne, they just wanted to hear it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.