Reload this Page >

Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

kazza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Originally Posted by wardy2
How do you get a PO box from UK...help please.

Thanks

kaye x
Hi

Did anyone find out if this was possible? I have done a search but can't find the answer!! I am assuming it's a no go..

Thanks!

Kazza
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:20 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

You are so happy I can sense it you know.

we arrive before may 16th so you will not be able to avoid us.

Desperately trying to find somewhere to stay now not to expensive anyone have contacts with rentals or holiday homes etc.

Some one must there are 6 of us coming only 4 staying after the first week.

city would probably be best or round there for catchment of CSHS.

I always knew cairns was right for us finally got hubby to see my way of thinking

Kaye x

edit i did see you magazine pic in the rogues gallery
I stayed in Cairns Regis City Keys. It was a special rate of $95 ish dollars for a 1 bed appartment with living room. etc, very spacious. The appartments are dual key so there is another room & shower as a seperate self contained unit through a lobby door. Could always give them a try. I had a cheap rate so may be a bit more right in the city centre.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:24 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bix
All will be revealed here Kaye.....
http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1467...9~MO19,00.html

Haven't read it all but suspect you'll need an Aus address and present ID so can't do it until you're here.

He's right. You can not open one up in Oz until you present ID. Most are normally outside so you can access your post 24 hours a day. Its when a letter is too big they ask you to go to the counter to pick it up. Thats where the 8.30 til 5.00 is important as if they are shut you can not pick it up.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kazza1
Hi

Did anyone find out if this was possible? I have done a search but can't find the answer!! I am assuming it's a no go..

Thanks!

Kazza
You need to have Au ID to prove your identity. That requirement came about as a result of the ole dodgy Gold Coast PO Box scams..

WW
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kazza1
Hi

Thanks!

Kazza
Kaye,
Dont know if you got a reply to this.you cant get a po box without an address in oz but I did get a nice reply from the post office to say that I could redirect my mail for free to the sorting office where they would hold it until I got a residential address in oz..so that is a possibility..hope this helps.
Also you can redirect post from u.k to oz po box number..and can do it over the phone without having to show ID at a post office, they use your credit card as ID..
Lizx
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

CAIRNS 2ND EXPAT MEET UP!

WELL, ITS NEARLY HERE GUYS

Hope you can all still make it - see you there

Cheers
Gill, Bix and of course Liz
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
CAIRNS 2ND EXPAT MEET UP!

WELL, ITS NEARLY HERE GUYS

Hope you can all still make it - see you there

Cheers
Gill, Bix and of course Liz

Well its a bit of a trek for us but we'll be there!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog

Know what you mean m8 Oh well, the exercise is good for ya

Cya there buddy
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:46 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
We could pick you up in the bus.
You know, one of them new walking buses the schools are using
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:54 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Look like it will take us a while to finally get to a meet we have hit a bloody, great frickin big wall :curse:

Hiccup with our buyers mortgage means they have to apply to another company to get a mortgage. Long story, dont want to bore you.

Who knows when we will arrive now what a pain.

have a great time everyone.

Kaye xx

Ps Liz good luck on Monday so pleased you are enjoying it I wont pretend i'm not jealous because I am
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh Kaye - what a nightmare! We really understand what you are going thru believe me girl!! The only thing I can say is, it worked out for us when we had already given up ever selling our house so hang in there and lets hope the mortgage company they are now approaching work fast!

Hopefully we will have some pics at this meet up - forgot to take any at the last one!

Take care
Gill

Look like it will take us a while to finally get to a meet we have hit a bloody, great frickin big wall :curse:

Hiccup with our buyers mortgage means they have to apply to another company to get a mortgage. Long story, dont want to bore you.

Who knows when we will arrive now what a pain.

have a great time everyone.

Kaye xx

Ps Liz good luck on Monday so pleased you are enjoying it I wont pretend i'm not jealous because I am
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:13 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Oh Kaye - what a nightmare! We really understand what you are going thru believe me girl!! The only thing I can say is, it worked out for us when we had already given up ever selling our house so hang in there and lets hope the mortgage company they are now approaching work fast!

Hopefully we will have some pics at this meet up - forgot to take any at the last one!

Take care
Gill
Thanks Gill I hope you all have a great day tomorrow

Heres to your first meet liz

kaye x