Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairns meet during Easter 2008

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
I may be there by the 22nd now..just!! Without kids or my partner as I will have to come out first for a few months..new boss wants me there by the 18th so I can train with himbefore he goes off elsewhere in April (otherwise I have to go with him to Mackay to train for 2 weeks which I don't fancy)!

Hoping to get out there around the 10th MARCH providing my medicals are all finalised and visa through by then..Bix can show me his BBQ skills then!
Hope to find a place to rent in Trinity Beach so may even be able to stagger home!
Liz
CYA there then Liz - wherever THERE is gonna be he he Round ours for that BBQ cooking lesson eh Burgers, sausages, kebabs and steaks are abt our limit - but I promise you wont go hungry or thirsty

Take care
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
CYA there then Liz - wherever THERE is gonna be he he Round ours for that BBQ cooking lesson eh Burgers, sausages, kebabs and steaks are abt our limit - but I promise you wont go hungry or thirsty

Take care
Hiya Bix
Sounds great..just hope I am there for then....if not then sure there will be plenty more get togethers! Looking forward to my lesson...we provide the food, you provide the skill!
Off the original subject but can you make any suggestions hwere to buy a cheap runaround car that isn't going to be a pile of shit!! I will have about 5000 dollars, I know bugger all but we have had to sell everything here just to afford cost of getting there, visa etc ...so I just need a reliable hatchback runaround until my wages go up after 3 months...then I will be looking for a T4 VW transporter which has a camper van conversion or get one done...if they sell then up there. It is such a shame cars so expensive to export as we have both got older but immaculate cars here which prob cost less than half what they would there! Just wondered if you knew any reputable dealers there!
Thanks Bix
Lizx

Been out playing snowwballs and building a snowman this morning..I know I am 40 but have to have some fun!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:49 am
In Cairns and loving it!!

The morris clan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bix
Are we allowed to go there if our kids are older than 12 ?
Been there with a bunch of people, majority of kids were over 12, so we should be okay.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:52 am
Just Joined

liddylou is an unknown quantity at this point

Yipee....I have actaully come accross people who are in or coming to Cairns, I thought we were the only expat family here!!!

I would love to come to a meet here as long as it is kid friendly? have a mini 5year old.

Thanks, Sarah
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liddylou
Yipee....I have actaully come accross people who are in or coming to Cairns, I thought we were the only expat family here!!!

I would love to come to a meet here as long as it is kid friendly? have a mini 5year old.

Thanks, Sarah
Hi Sarah
So you found this one then eh Over the next few weeks we will hopefully know the venue - it will be put on this thread so watch this space

Gill
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sarah
So you found this one then eh Over the next few weeks we will hopefully know the venue - it will be put on this thread so watch this space

Gill
Hiya Gill
Will i be there, won't I be there?? That is a question i will not be able to answer until about a week before!! if I am there with jet lag please don't acuse me of being drunk (my excuse anyway)!!!
I hope medicals get processed quickly..have seen a house I am desperate to rent in trinity Beach with a huge terrace and amazing views..and they allow pets outside..the garden is huge so STORM would love it. I have the 6 months rent sat here, please hurry up visa.
Lizx

If I don't make it then I will have to do a bring my own, cook my own at yours with some beers.
I have decided to buy a Ford Econovan so we can go off with the dog at weekends up to Cape Tribulation to stay at PK's..we got to know some of the tour guys up there so promised to go and have a few regular beers with them. they are also going to take us on the non tourist rainforest tours. can't wait as they are really into the rainforest and so knowledgeable..should be fun and I guess I will be scared shit..ss at e wildlife.
Lizx
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Hiya Gill
Will i be there, won't I be there?? That is a question i will not be able to answer until about a week before!! if I am there with jet lag please don't acuse me of being drunk (my excuse anyway)!!!
I hope medicals get processed quickly..have seen a house I am desperate to rent in trinity Beach with a huge terrace and amazing views..and they allow pets outside..the garden is huge so STORM would love it. I have the 6 months rent sat here, please hurry up visa.
Lizx

If I don't make it then I will have to do a bring my own, cook my own at yours with some beers.
I have decided to buy a Ford Econovan so we can go off with the dog at weekends up to Cape Tribulation to stay at PK's..we got to know some of the tour guys up there so promised to go and have a few regular beers with them. they are also going to take us on the non tourist rainforest tours. can't wait as they are really into the rainforest and so knowledgeable..should be fun and I guess I will be scared shit..ss at e wildlife.
Lizx
Hi Liz
Hope all goes well for ya and you make the Easter meet up if not - no worries, like you say BBQ at ours it is Jet lag, whats that We wont mind if you fall asleep Liz as long as its not because you're bored with the company

Seen a property you like at Trinity beach eh. Best stop looking or else it will drive you MAD

Cape Tribulation - we haven't been there yet but intend to go sometime this year, we have been meaning to go for a while now. Will get the UK visit out of the way frist, then do a few more day/weekend trips here.

Good luck with the meds etc - hope you hear very soon Liz

CYA soon
Gill
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:23 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Hope the OP is taking note?!

I'm still watching.... I'm easy as to location, etc...

Things finally going to plan and have now been offered a job to start after Easter so will give me a week to sort things out, etc.

Shaun
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Liz
Hope all goes well for ya and you make the Easter meet up if not - no worries, like you say BBQ at ours it is Jet lag, whats that We wont mind if you fall asleep Liz as long as its not because you're bored with the company

Seen a property you like at Trinity beach eh. Best stop looking or else it will drive you MAD

Cape Tribulation - we haven't been there yet but intend to go sometime this year, we have been meaning to go for a while now. Will get the UK visit out of the way frist, then do a few more day/weekend trips here.

Good luck with the meds etc - hope you hear very soon Liz

CYA soon
Gill
Thanx Gill. Can't believe that you havn't been up to cape Tribulation yet. if you want somewhere nice to stay that isn't expensive have a look at Ferntree rainforest retreat on the internet. they do basic rooms but the 2 storey lodges are not much more expensive and all set in lovely rainforest. the nreakfast is also great and you can walk to the beach (Myall Beach which we preferred to Cape tribulation Beach) and the few shops. i recommend jungle surfing..it is sooo much fun. Think I overcame my fear of heights whilst in Oz as did that and also walked over Sydney Harbour bridge. Nor brave enough for the Cairns Bungee Jump though!
Lizx
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
I'm still watching.... I'm easy as to location, etc...

Things finally going to plan and have now been offered a job to start after Easter so will give me a week to sort things out, etc.

Shaun
Hi Shaun - glad you are still watching!
Congrats on the job offer - nice one!

As for location for meet up well, it looks like it could be the Trinity Pub overlooking the beach - lovely venue! Friendly staff and loads of space inside and out with a balcony looking out to the sea aaahhh

Know a few expats you are def coming but still need to find out if a few others are up for it on the 22nd March. We can always do another one for those people who are not here yet or just cant make it this time eh!

Take care and good luck
Hopefully cya soon then Shaun

Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Liz
Sydney harbour bridge eh eek!! We had a friend who did the climb of the bridge whilst touring OZ - said she would never ever do it again as it scarred the living daylights out of her and she nearly died of fear on the way up but knew she had to come all the way down again Its something I cld not do as dont like wobbly bridges or heights much! Hence I dont go on any Rain Forest tour groups as they make ya walk of those wobbly makeshift bridges - no thank you We do our own walks so dont have to put up with some kid standing in the middle of the bridge thinking its mega fun to rock it to and fro as people are walking across it (I'm talking abt the rope bridges of course)

Cape Trib and Daintree - yes we will have a long weekend there sometime, I have got all the info on places to stay at locals rates - and they aren't too bad. Look forward to seeing those beaches Liz!

CYA soon
Gill
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Gill
Here are some photos.....only lets you upload 5 at a time and very slow!
Piccies are of Daintree River where we did croc spotting and a croc! Also of Cape Tribulation and Myall Beach...will put some more on later of Thorntons Beach and Rainforest Canopy Surfing!
Lizx
Attached Thumbnails Cairns meet during Easter 2008-p1060210.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-063.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-014.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-074.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-104.jpg  

Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gill and Bix
These are of ferntree Rainforest retreat at Myall Beach, cape Tribulation..we got really good rates here, and you could also use the Coconut beach reosrt too where we had a lovely dinner. Coconut Beach is lovely. The best meal we had in Australia was at The Dragongfly rstaurant which is opposite Ferntree Rainforest retreat. it is a lovely quaint little place set in beautiful gardens.
xx
Liz
Attached Thumbnails Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-020.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-008.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-north-queensland-australia-2007-344.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-034.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-016.jpg  

Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Thorntons Beach. Thats me with my 4 hour Australian suntan...it was Jen in last piccie with rather boufant looking hair..not normally like that..its that I'm on holiday I don't care look!
Attached Thumbnails Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-042.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-046.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-095.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-p1060168.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-047.jpg  

Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Some more arty shots..apart from the one of me of course!!
Liz
Also out tour guide fo the boat trip on Daintree River (croc spotting) and the walk to the boat through the magroves..a bit scary!
Attached Thumbnails Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-103.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-p1060216.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-liz-jen-oz-honeymoon-100.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-north-queensland-australia-2007-218.jpg   Cairns meet during Easter 2008-p1060213.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.