Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane or Perth?

Wikiposts

Brisbane or Perth?

Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:16 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane or Perth?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
it reminds me of being at school - our team is better than your team! Tut!
Our team IS better than your team - GO THE EAGLES!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Sounds exciting doesn't it. I have friends in KL and Hong Kong and it would be so nice if the air fares for the 4 of us weren't so pricey.
It's great news. From Singapore, Tiger connect to China. I see that they are also going to start flying, in partnership with Skywest, from Perth to the east coast. I heard an interview with the English Guy who runs Tiger and he said that he wants to model it on Ryanair (hopefully without the crap service)and that Virgin Blue are a budget airline without budget fares. Sounds good to me.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really nice

Look you lot, I have to say, this thread or rather, the people that are posting on it, are really starting to wind me up!

FFS....anyone heard the term, 'horses for courses'????

Wouldn't it be a s*** world if we all liked the same thing?

One thing I do have to say though, and NO, I am NOT the authority on everything ever......is that Perth, REALLY is isolated!!!!

Let me explain, I LOVE Perth deep in my heart, with a passion, you could say.......however, I could not live there because I would get bored within a few years (I dunno, maybe 5 at a guess). There is only SOOOooooo much you can do in a city 1000's of miles from the next nearest bit of civilisation. Yes, it's beautiful, yes the people are great, yes, there is Margaret River ( ), yes, WA is a huge state with sooooo much to do. However, bear in mind that we only get a few weeks holiday every year - are all of you Perthites gonna be spending that holiday for the next umpteen years, visiting the same places, because you dont have the time or the money to go further afield? I think so!

If thats your bag, then so be it....but, pleeeease, can we all stop bleating on about East V's West! It reminds me of being at school - our team is better than your team! Tut!
you are right about what you have written,i started going off on one because of Brisbane being called a dump.but in further messages i did say they all places have their good points and bad points.its just i prefered Brisbane(mine and my families choice).Good luck to all where ever you live.AUSTRALIA as a whole is a great place to live.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Look you lot, I have to say, this thread or rather, the people that are posting on it, are really starting to wind me up!

One thing I do have to say though, and NO, I am NOT the authority on everything ever......is that Perth, REALLY is isolated!!!!

Let me explain, I LOVE Perth deep in my heart, with a passion, you could say.......however, I could not live there because I would get bored within a few years (I dunno, maybe 5 at a guess). There is only SOOOooooo much you can do in a city 1000's of miles from the next nearest bit of civilisation. Yes, it's beautiful, yes the people are great, yes, there is Margaret River ( ), yes, WA is a huge state with sooooo much to do. However, bear in mind that we only get a few weeks holiday every year - are all of you Perthites gonna be spending that holiday for the next umpteen years, visiting the same places, because you dont have the time or the money to go further afield? I think so!

If thats your bag, then so be it....but, pleeeease, can we all stop bleating on about East V's West! It reminds me of being at school - our team is better than your team! Tut!
Yep...totally agree with you, but i get called a knob head for saying so
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

No, we definately don't go to the same places every year ...on the 28th of this month we are going to Queensland for 16 nights, I have been many times before but my partner hasn't...othwerwise I wouldn't be going again. Last year we did a world trip and the year before it was Adelaide...where I come from and still miss ...apart from that I entirely agree with your post
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:41 pm
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

You're the one bleating on about Perth being isolated, etc, etc. Why do you care so much? Who are you trying to convince - yourself or the people who actually live here. No Perth is not isolated!!!!!!!!! So give it a rest!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:25 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binky
You're the one bleating on about Perth being isolated, etc, etc. Why do you care so much? Who are you trying to convince - yourself or the people who actually live here. No Perth is not isolated!!!!!!!!! So give it a rest!
geographically you could argue it was Binky. However that doesn't get away from the fact that some people prefer Brisbane and some people prefer Perth. I am sure Brisbane is a lovely place to live but quite honestly there is no work (and I mean none at all and never will be) for my husband and the humidity would absolutely kill me.

We are doing the usual pilgrimage up north for our easter 2 weeks and have planned a week touring the south coast in September. We have booked a long weekend in Kalbarri in June and plan a long weekend down in Pemberton (again) in August. Next year we plan to visit friends in KL and also want to do a few weeks in NZ.

To those going to live in Brisbane I hope you enjoy your new life there, I am sure Perths loss is Brissies gain
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:33 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
geographically you could argue it was Binky. However that doesn't get away from the fact that some people prefer Brisbane and some people prefer Perth. I am sure Brisbane is a lovely place to live but quite honestly there is no work (and I mean none at all and never will be) for my husband and the humidity would absolutely kill me.

We are doing the usual pilgrimage up north for our easter 2 weeks and have planned a week touring the south coast in September. We have booked a long weekend in Kalbarri in June and plan a long weekend down in Pemberton (again) in August. Next year we plan to visit friends in KL and also want to do a few weeks in NZ.

To those going to live in Brisbane I hope you enjoy your new life there, I am sure Perths loss is Brissies gain
You soft talker you.....