Reload this Page >

Brisbane or Perth?

Brisbane or Perth?

Old Feb 6th 2007, 3:29 pm
Bernie & Neil

lancaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Brisbane or Perth?

Hi,
My husband, me and our 2 kids (13 & 12) have just started the immi process so hope to be in oz within the next 12 months. We have done a lot of research on Brisbane and Perth and they both sound great. We have managed to find lots of info about what suburbs are good to live in for Perth and where the brits like to go but we are finding it impossible to find similar info about Brisbane. Does anyone know what suburbs in Brisbane are most popular with us Brits? Also any advice on how to help two teenage kids settle in?!
Bernadette (manchester)
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Chergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really nice
Default Re: Brisbane or Perth?

Hi, This isn't really going to answer you question but I live in Perth with my husband and 3 kids and love it here the aussies I have met are all really nice and the Brits I have met are all a great help and very supportive! I haven't ever been to Brisbane so I can't comment about it. I just thought I would tell you how much I am enjoying Perth. Good luck with the process. Maybe see you in Perth one day!!!
Cherie Anne x
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

DavidShea is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh - the 2 cities are so far apart they might as well be in different countries!

I'm in Brisbane, mainly because I got a job here.

Good:
City a lot nicer than I thought. A little more culture than I was expecting. Lots of great beaches/mountains near by.Shorts & T shirt most of the year round. Lots of unusual wildlife/food/plants.

Bad:
Beaches about an hour away. We'll have run out of water in 18 months. Humidity in summer oppressive. No daylight saving.

If you really can't decide, go to Perth, since their water management is so much better. Then in a year or two, if Brissie is not a wasteland you can move over
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:14 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lancaster
Hi,
My husband, me and our 2 kids (13 & 12) have just started the immi process so hope to be in oz within the next 12 months. We have done a lot of research on Brisbane and Perth and they both sound great. We have managed to find lots of info about what suburbs are good to live in for Perth and where the brits like to go but we are finding it impossible to find similar info about Brisbane. Does anyone know what suburbs in Brisbane are most popular with us Brits? Also any advice on how to help two teenage kids settle in?!
Bernadette (manchester)
Just a suggestion -

You're moving half way round the world for a change of lifestyle etc.....

Why not, heaven forbid, find a place where the Brits DON'T go??

Think of foreign communities in the UK where the inhabitants choose not to integrate with the rest of society. Do you want to live like that?

I find it crazy that someone should base their decision on where to live on the basis of how many Brits live there

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Feb 7th 2007 at 5:23 am.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Just a suggestion -

Think of foreign communities in the UK where the inhabitants choose not to integrate with the rest of society. Do you want to live like that?

I find it crazy that someone should base their decision on where to live on the basis of how many Brits live there
Exactly. Areas like the Pommie Enclaves in the Northern Suburbs of Perth.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:27 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
now you know that you are going to bring all the loony defenders of the northern suburbs out now. there is only so much defending I can do my dear
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:28 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Your a braver man than me
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
Your a braver man than me
You're right but I couldn't resist it.
I must be a glutton for punishment.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by northernbird
now you know that you are going to bring all the loony defenders of the northern suburbs out now. there is only so much defending I can do my dear
Don't desert me now NB!
I'm waiting for the indignant Pommie onslaught!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:08 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Just a suggestion -

Maybe their affraid of Aussies and feel safer living in a pommie enclave.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:36 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Wow are the Poms in Perth that numerous?, that entrenched,that devided from the rest of the local community? Have they got there own language? Do they refuse to learn "Aussie English". Are Pommy churches springing up all over these Northern Suburbs? Do they get "offended" when they see an Aussie flag flying on Australia Day?
Things must be really bad up there.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi
we have had the same dilema as yourselves, we have eventually decided on brissie, only due to the fact that perth is so isolated and brissie is on the east coast where everything else is relatively easy to access, a good website for brisbane suburbs is www.ourbrisbane.com
hope this helps a little
beth
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:27 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Don't desert me now NB!
I won't desert you, don't worry. I don't know why I stick up for you though because I am a northern suburbs person!!

What I have noticed though is that a lot of people are choosing Brisbane now over Perth. The fact that Perth is so isolated and the house price issue is meaning that very soon Brissie can have its own little pom enclaves.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I won't desert you, don't worry. I don't know why I stick up for you though because I am a northern suburbs person!!

What I have noticed though is that a lot of people are choosing Brisbane now over Perth. The fact that Perth is so isolated and the house price issue is meaning that very soon Brissie can have its own little pom enclaves.
North Lakes springs to mind........
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:37 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, totally agree with you. C'mon over folks...Little Britain is waiting for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.