Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane or Perth?

Wikiposts

Brisbane or Perth?

Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane or Perth?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
How do you do it Wendles?

You are SUCH a wealth of information........

Google is my friend
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:41 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I get that feeling every time I come back to Perth on a plane too.

Also, the first glimpse of the NW Cape and Exmouth gives me that feeling too, the place we go on holiday every easter is always the first bit of Australia you see when you are flying back from overseas.
We head up that way at Easter also. We have done Coral Bay every year since being here and this Easter will be no different, fantastic part of WA.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
Although I have to say we felt the same when we arrived in Perth, the supermarket sausages are awful! The butchers at the Boatshed in Cottesloe does great BBQ stuff though, including fantastic sausages!
Must admit, I only buy British Sausage Company sausages that taste like "proper" sausages.

It's the only item that I just cant get into the Aussie version of, although since being up the duff I must admit I am leaning more towards becoming vegetarian again.....
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve99
No comment....

No its an absolutely ridiculous point!

But your forgetting one major thing, Brisbane is an absolute dump of a city and is about a 100km from anywhere you'd want to be, and even then your pretty much limited to the Sunshine coast.
Brisbane is to isolated from decent beaches, I can walk for less than 5mins to the ocean and be in the centre of a real city in less than 15mins car journey, you cant do that in Brisbane.
But the real downside is thats its so far to travel to get to Perth from Brisbane
I decided on Brisbane because of its "NON ISOLATION".With regards to it being a dump every city in the world has so called dump areas or are you saying Perth is like the garden of eden and everyone is employed all houses are are decorated to the highest level,there is no police because everyone gets on with each other and all people from Perth (born or immigrant) are proud of their personal space.......................................I THINK NOT!!!
Now i am not saying all of Brisbane is clean and tidy and you feel safe everywhere you go ,but i work all over Brisbane and i can say that most places look and seem to be nice places to live.
The main difference between the 2 is that if you live in Perth it takes days to drive to another major city and flying is more expensive than from any where on the east coast.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:41 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ragner
I decided on Brisbane because of its "NON ISOLATION".With regards to it being a dump every city in the world has so called dump areas or are you saying Perth is like the garden of eden and everyone is employed all houses are are decorated to the highest level,there is no police because everyone gets on with each other and all people from Perth (born or immigrant) are proud of their personal space.......................................I THINK NOT!!!
Now i am not saying all of Brisbane is clean and tidy and you feel safe everywhere you go ,but i work all over Brisbane and i can say that most places look and seem to be nice places to live.
The main difference between the 2 is that if you live in Perth it takes days to drive to another major city and flying is more expensive than from any where on the east coast.
Now that all depends on where you are flying to.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:45 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Now that all depends on where you are flying to.
exactly, cheaper to fly to europe and singapore, KL, Bali etc etc.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
yeah i agree there but this link is about AUSTRALIA.
but if you are being like that ,it is cheaper to fly from East coast to North america ,Japan and Pacific Islands,New Zealand etc etc we could go on about the rest of the world for ever and a day.Now i am not putting Perth down because all Australian cities have their good points and bad points and it is down to the indirvidual and freedom of choice and what they want out of life.I have friends and family in all major Australian cities and they all love where they are living.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:58 pm
Gutter Gob!!

yeah i agree there but this link is about AUSTRALIA.
but if you are being like that ,it is cheaper to fly from East coast to North america ,Japan and Pacific Islands,New Zealand etc etc we could go on about the rest of the world for ever and a day.Now i am not putting Perth down because all Australian cities have their good points and bad points and it is down to the indirvidual and freedom of choice and what they want out of life.I have friends and family in all major Australian cities and they all love where they are living.
if you are flying to sydney from perth, it takes a couple of hours more than it does from brisbane. if you are checking in, getting on a plane I can't see what difference it makes if its for 2 or 4 hours flying time, however I would say that wouldn't I because I live in Perth.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

its not the time flying which is what i am saying but the cost.flying from Perth to Sydney is at least double to that of Brisbane or Melbourne to Sydney.So to a family of 4 thats quite a bit of dosh.And i would say this because i live on the east coast

Last edited by ragner; Feb 8th 2007 at 10:40 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 11:11 pm
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
With small children any time on a plane seems like an eternity!!
Fortunately I don't have that problem....and poeple keep giving me reasons like this not to have 'em
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I'd rather go to those places than the East Coast anyway. New budget airline starting up this year so prices should come down as well.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

its not the time flying which is what i am saying but the cost.flying from Perth to Sydney is at least double to that of Brisbane or Melbourne to Sydney.So to a family of 4 thats quite a bit of dosh.And i would say this because i live on the east coast
Wages are higher here for a lot of people so not a problem.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'd rather go to those places than the East Coast anyway. New budget airline starting up this year so prices should come down as well.
Sounds exciting doesn't it. I have friends in KL and Hong Kong and it would be so nice if the air fares for the 4 of us weren't so pricey.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:47 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lancaster
Hi,
My husband, me and our 2 kids (13 & 12) have just started the immi process so hope to be in oz within the next 12 months. We have done a lot of research on Brisbane and Perth and they both sound great. We have managed to find lots of info about what suburbs are good to live in for Perth and where the brits like to go but we are finding it impossible to find similar info about Brisbane. Does anyone know what suburbs in Brisbane are most popular with us Brits? Also any advice on how to help two teenage kids settle in?!
Bernadette (manchester)
Yeah.My Sis is coming over soon.She's gonna see some sunshine coast some gold coast.She's gonna do some hinterland stuff .She's even gonna visit Sydney an all that stuff.
Perth is Perth but Perth is Perth and W.A is massive and miles from anywhere else
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:29 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Look you lot, I have to say, this thread or rather, the people that are posting on it, are really starting to wind me up!

FFS....anyone heard the term, 'horses for courses'????

Wouldn't it be a s*** world if we all liked the same thing?

One thing I do have to say though, and NO, I am NOT the authority on everything ever......is that Perth, REALLY is isolated!!!!

Let me explain, I LOVE Perth deep in my heart, with a passion, you could say.......however, I could not live there because I would get bored within a few years (I dunno, maybe 5 at a guess). There is only SOOOooooo much you can do in a city 1000's of miles from the next nearest bit of civilisation. Yes, it's beautiful, yes the people are great, yes, there is Margaret River ( ), yes, WA is a huge state with sooooo much to do. However, bear in mind that we only get a few weeks holiday every year - are all of you Perthites gonna be spending that holiday for the next umpteen years, visiting the same places, because you dont have the time or the money to go further afield? I think so!

If thats your bag, then so be it....but, pleeeease, can we all stop bleating on about East V's West! It reminds me of being at school - our team is better than your team! Tut!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.