Wikiposts

Brisbane or Perth?

Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:19 pm
Life Part 2

Paul&Aly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane or Perth?

Hi all

Wa-hay our first post!

We are in the same boat as Bernadette and are looking at Perth, Brisbane and possibly Adelaide as well. I'm sure we could consider lots of other areas too but the choices / decisions become overwhelming.

Anyway amongst zillions of other things I'm interested in the comment below:

Originally Posted by DavidShea
We'll have run out of water in 18 months. Humidity in summer oppressive. No daylight saving.

If you really can't decide, go to Perth, since their water management is so much better. Then in a year or two, if Brissie is not a wasteland you can move over

With global warming is water drying up going to be a serious issue? If so are the relevant state authorities putting plans in place to combat this? Does anyone know how it will affect Adelaide?

Paul&Aly (High Peak)
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Aly
Hi all

Wa-hay our first post!

We are in the same boat as Bernadette and are looking at Perth, Brisbane and possibly Adelaide as well. I'm sure we could consider lots of other areas too but the choices / decisions become overwhelming.

Anyway amongst zillions of other things I'm interested in the comment below:

With global warming is water drying up going to be a serious issue? If so are the relevant state authorities putting plans in place to combat this? Does anyone know how it will affect Adelaide?

Paul&Aly (High Peak)

Adelaide is going to be 'waterproofed' apparantly anyway

http://www.waterproofingadelaide.sa.gov.au/main/
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:33 pm
Life Part 2

Paul&Aly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Wendy, it seems like it will mainly be a process of conservation - gulp (no pun intended)

Paul&Aly
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:51 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Adelaide is going to be 'waterproofed' apparantly anyway

http://www.waterproofingadelaide.sa.gov.au/main/
How do you do it Wendles?

You are SUCH a wealth of information........
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:11 am
Bernie & Neil

lancaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Brisbane or Perth?

Hi,

I have done some more research today on Adelaide and I wasn't very impressed. It has the highest rates of unemployment and the lowest rates of pay in OZ. I got this info from www.anewlifeinadalaide.com (I think? you may need to google that?) There are pros and cons with all the cities but at the moment we Brisbane is in the lead. House prices are good value for money and there is a lot to do in and around the city by the sounds of it. This is particularly important to us as we have 2 teenage kids.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Just a suggestion -

You're moving half way round the world for a change of lifestyle etc.....

Why not, heaven forbid, find a place where the Brits DON'T go??

Think of foreign communities in the UK where the inhabitants choose not to integrate with the rest of society. Do you want to live like that?

I find it crazy that someone should base their decision on where to live on the basis of how many Brits live there
I've often wondered why people do that.....
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird

What I have noticed though is that a lot of people are choosing Brisbane now over Perth. The fact that Perth is so isolated and the house price issue is meaning that very soon Brissie can have its own little pom enclaves.
PMSL dont you just love that "isolated" thing........ oh dear, I really need to GET OVER IT!!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:20 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
PMSL dont you just love that "isolated" thing........ oh dear, I really need to GET OVER IT!!
I laugh about the 'isolated' tag too. Anyone who decides not to come to Perth because it's apparently 'isolated' is a Tool.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I laugh about the 'isolated' tag too. Anyone who decides not to come to Perth because it's apparently 'isolated' is a Tool.
Good thing then if they dont come here!!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:44 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. Areas like the Pommie Enclaves in the Northern Suburbs of Perth.
DONT FEED THE IDIOT
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Call me AL
DONT FEED THE IDIOT
TOO LATE
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:10 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

DONT FEED THE IDIOT
nice
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

DONT FEED THE IDIOT
What were you fed?
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:20 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Nope, totally agree with you. C'mon over folks...Little Britain is waiting for you!
That's 'Rockingham' tracy, I won't tell you again!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:58 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridie
We chose Brisbane over Perth, because we felt it was 'too isolated'......does that make us Tools?

Whats good for goose, isn't nessecarily good for gander, my friends!

We like a bit of variety in our lives, you know.....LOTS of different cities to choose to visit of a long weekend. We might wake up on a Saturday morning and think, 'ah, today we fancy the trash of Surfers - lets go'! Or we might wake up and think, 'this weekend, we want to relax on pristine white sand beaches - Sunny coast here we come'! Or we might wake up and think, 'this weekend, lets make a road trip and visit NSW' - so off we go! Or we might wake up and think, ' lets do some mountainy type things, maybe get the bikes out and the walking boots on' - so off we go!

Can you at least TRY to understand my point?

It's all about the variety of choice - Perth doesn't have that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.