Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:24 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

At the end of the day people will be happy or unhappy wherever they are.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, please stop getting personal about this. You all know there are posters from every viewpoint on here, now please try and respect those viewpoints and quit making personal comments about the choices others make in their lives. No Get Out Of Jail free cards here, this applies to everyone getting unnecessarily personal.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 27th 2011 at 2:32 am.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:48 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alienfeet
Yet I see Police officers wanting to leave the 'horror stories'..
I'm a Police officer in Brisbane and I don't know a single copper who wants to leave the 'horror stories'....
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I'm a Police officer in Brisbane and I don't know a single copper who wants to leave the 'horror stories'....
Only place I know of personally where Queensland cops really get it bad is between Goondawindi and Boggabilla. When the Boggabilla residents play up. Probably plenty of others, I have heard this said personally though.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:00 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Only place I know of personally where Queensland cops really get it bad is between Goondawindi and Boggabilla. When the Boggabilla residents play up. Probably plenty of others, I have heard this said personally though.
Yeah, policing out there is pretty different to in Brisbane!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, policing out there is pretty different to in Brisbane!
Do you have to do stints out there... just for the sake of gaining experience ? By that I mean outback towns... with erm 'Two sides of the railway track"
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
:-) your comment dovetails nicely with G's - for some of the year Brisbane perhaps is 20-22 odd degrees...like a UK summer...
I don't live in Brissy so won't dare to speculate on how much of the year there might be like this, or where the cutoff point is..

Even in cold Melbourne, on a cool spring day; the sun comes out and it climbs to 26...a run or a walk is that much harder...
I actually agree with G that some would swap the summer being that it is prob our worst season. But when addressing the original point he was replying to, the ability to plan weekends, we are lucky enough to have mild dry days across a lot of the year. For example the whole winter monthly averages are between 20-22c (max) - the difference being it is mostly sunny, dry and clear blue skies which makes planning very predictable for long periods.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:24 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

So you didn't know my friend, no reason why you should really.

Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:38 am
Banned

I wonder seriously if this situation is very different to the way things are in Brisbane ?
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1225992839332

Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:11 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Do you have to do stints out there... just for the sake of gaining experience ? By that I mean outback towns... with erm 'Two sides of the railway track"
No, you don't have to,it just depends where you get posted when you leave the Academy and then again when you've completed your first year (and get given your permanent station). Quite often the young/single guys (and girls) get sent up north or out west, but anyone could initially and has to be prepared to.
Originally Posted by chris955
So you didn't know my friend, no reason why you should really.
No of course not! I'm just saying I know a LOT of coppers, and I don't know any who wants to leave because of the horror stories. That's all.
I wonder seriously if this situation is very different to the way things are in Brisbane ?
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1225992839332
It's certainly not a perfect situation in Brisbane, but I've not heard anything like this.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:25 am
Banned

Thats interesting, I know that they have a major violence/drink problem in WA.

It's certainly not a perfect situation in Brisbane, but I've not heard anything like this.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:16 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Is Mahoney still at Police academy.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

Originally Posted by In Exile
Absolutely. I'm not nit-picking at peoples personal preference. Its more about how its articulated.

There's a sort of smug, self-richeouness, hollier-than-thou attitude to a lot of people's posts that they may think is good, but in my opinion they just come across as blinkered idiots.
I agree with how it is articulated; the reverse is people come across as 'battlers'.

I got called smug once.

I don't call it smug or self-righteous: I call it universal standards of non-ignorant behaviour and conduct which is worldwide. I support Elice and Kim because just because you sponsor non-ignorance does not mean you are blinkered: you just support standards. Civilized society.

If anti-ignorance posts are a bitter pill to swallow it's a shame.

Some kids are bad, some aren't, and it's relative in comparison. Ultimately you hope kids grow up. You *try* to give them the tools - the rest is in the Lap of the Gods and my kids don't come with any warranty. If this last bit is seen as smug then I dispair as to the quality of fellow expats.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Thats interesting, I know that they have a major violence/drink problem in WA.
I've heard that violence is rife in any area people choose to focus on: Essex, London, Manchester, Glasgow, WA, brissy, even worse in Melbourne because they have the Mafia! Gangsters man...

And that some people are sheltered to a degree more than others due to how they live.

So as long as people are striving to solve problems then we are getting there ..but probably never will..
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:08 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by odyssey
I know things can happen but there is a real community here which had been lost at home.
So what was I living in in Derbyshire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.