Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
From memory your kids are 6, 4 and 2. Are you seriously trying to tell us that they are free to roam 'k's of tracks' alone without supervision or knowledge of where they are, or camp out at the back of your property alone?
MP: I'll spell it out:

Yes they do have Carte Blanche at home: or we do is close the front gate. The eldest police the youngest. Older children and peers help. If something happens, they all come running. I am around with a ear out and patrol once in awhile..

My point about tracks and properties was that we live in places where there are places we all go, which is part of our community. I was replying to someone who was talking about rural Wales, and snakes.

And they play happily in other houses and blocks too.

We've had children from the suburbs who are too scared to venture out so it must be partly environment.

It is my common duty to teach my kids about life, and dealing with it, and that life is not one big supermarket.

As for Oxford, Etc and quality of life - I could manage Oxford : infact it was home from home all my childhood...but I could imagine someone complaining about it being elitist or not diverse enough.

PS When my 2 year old is with them they don't venture so far; he can't keep up and slows them down. His elder sisters are very protective. My eldest is remarkable in that way in particular.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Oct 28th 2011 at 7:59 am.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:32 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

what about the snakes

and spiders

and peodo's
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:53 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

And the scary speedos.

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
what about the snakes

and spiders

and peodo's
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:04 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
And the scary speedos.
Peedo's in speedo's who are weirdo's
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:11 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Peedo's in speedo's who are weirdo's
What's that gag? How far does a bloke have to be from a swimming pool before his speedos become jocks......
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
What's that gag? How far does a bloke have to be from a swimming pool before his speedos become jocks......
About two counties away.

Who the bleedin heck wears jocks these days anyway
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but I have to laugh about the irrational fear of snakes and spiders being displayed here.

Very few Australians are afraid of these creatures in the course of their day to day lives simply because they pose very little threat to the average person and most people don't encounter them when out bushwalking or involved in outdoor pursuits because, as a rule, they avoid humans.

You encounter spiders a lot more than snakes but even then they are mostly pretty harmless.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:16 am

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

About two counties away.

Who the bleedin heck wears jocks these days anyway
Isn't 'jocks' Aussie for underpants? That's what my only Aussie shag to date used to call his.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:19 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

One should put towel round ones butt once out of water.

Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by ProudVIC
I'm sorry but I have to laugh about the irrational fear of snakes and spiders being displayed here.

Very few Australians are afraid of these creatures in the course of their day to day lives simply because they pose very little threat to the average person and most people don't encounter them when out bushwalking or involved in outdoor pursuits because, as a rule, they avoid humans.

You encounter spiders a lot more than snakes but even then they are mostly pretty harmless.
so there's no chance 3 small kids playing alone in the bush could come across anything of that nature

I must be livin in a different Straya

Isn't 'jocks' Aussie for underpants? That's what my only Aussie shag to date used to call his.
was he a bogan mate
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:21 am

so there's no chance 3 small kids playing alone in the bush could come across anything of that nature

was he a bogan mate
He was a tosser - I know that much.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:25 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I think the 'fear' of these creatures is healthy and far from irrational, they do pose a genuine threat and most of our friends are scared to death of snakes.

Originally Posted by ProudVIC

Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:27 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there is a very good chance that young kids will encounter something venomous out in the bush.

Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:27 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

Originally Posted by chris955
Actually I think the 'fear' of these creatures is healthy and far from irrational, they do pose a genuine threat and most of our friends are scared to death of snakes.
Mate, I am sooooo glad I don't live where you live it sounds terrible.

BB
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:29 am

He was a tosser - I know that much.
don't hold back on the praise will you mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.