Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:44 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

We are all different but in recent times especially the weather has become far less important to us and largely irrelevant but as I say we all different and have different priorities.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
We are all different but in recent times especially the weather has become far less important to us and largely irrelevant but as I say we all different and have different priorities.
You seem to spend a lot of time on here, justifying to complete strangers your choice in moving back to the UK to the point that you still seem to be convincing yourself it's the right thing to do.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

Originally Posted by Beoz
You seem to spend a lot of time on here, justifying to complete strangers your choice in moving back to the UK to the point that you still seem to be convincing yourself it's the right thing to do.
I'm just surprised that anyone who has ping ponged 5 times and planning a 6th can really offer any meaningful advice on which place is "better". Obviously for this person both, or neither, are just as good as each other.

BB
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:13 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I'm just surprised that anyone who has ping ponged 5 times and planning a 6th can really offer any meaningful advice on which place is "better". Obviously for this person both, or neither, are just as good as each other.

BB
It must be tough living each day being that insecure, take pity people.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

and on the flip side all the people praising Australia, are they convincing themselves that they made the right move too?
Wow. armchair psychology at its best.

I personally fund that Chris presents his case in a very polite manner, respecting both sides, not like some of the other posters on here.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
That's can be true at the times of the year when you have excess sun and heat....but when it's around 20c, dry and sunny for a lot of the year it is very easy to deal with
:-) your comment dovetails nicely with G's - for some of the year Brisbane perhaps is 20-22 odd degrees...like a UK summer...
I don't live in Brissy so won't dare to speculate on how much of the year there might be like this, or where the cutoff point is..

Even in cold Melbourne, on a cool spring day; the sun comes out and it climbs to 26...a run or a walk is that much harder...
Old Oct 27th 2011, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile
and on the flip side all the people praising Australia, are they convincing themselves that they made the right move too?
Wow. armchair psychology at its best.

I personally fund that Chris presents his case in a very polite manner, respecting both sides, not like some of the other posters on here.
I knew there was money somewhere ;-)

Chris does, but not so long ago he was warned by mods.

Or that matters is that you are happy where you are, and this could be either place.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Oct 27th 2011 at 12:13 am.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I knew there was money somewhere ;-)

Chris does, but not so long ago he was warned by mods.

Or that matters is that you are happy where you are, and this could be either place.
LOL @ fund.

The scales seem fairly unbalanced in BE for those who put the boot in to the UK and those that whinge about Australia. But more comically, its the emotional reaction, sorry venom, with which people respond ad nauseum. Thats what I find funny
Old Oct 27th 2011, 12:27 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The best future for our kids. Australia or UK?

LOL @ fund.

The scales seem fairly unbalanced in BE for those who put the boot in to the UK and those that whinge about Australia.
There's always those like me though, who loved life in the UK and love life in Australia. I just prefer Australia now.

BB
Old Oct 27th 2011, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

There's always those like me though, who loved life in the UK and love life in Australia. I just prefer Australia now.

BB
Absolutely. I'm not nit-picking at peoples personal preference. Its more about how its articulated.

There's a sort of smug, self-richeouness, hollier-than-thou attitude to a lot of people's posts that they may think is good, but in my opinion they just come across as blinkered idiots.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

BB
Here here. I've done multiple stints in both countries and right now I'm in Oz, and enjoying it for what it offers. In 5 years time I might be back in the UK enjoying it for what it offers. As long as the mindset is right, there is no preference for me.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:57 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I understood a ping ponger was someone who was unhappy where they were and assumed they would be happier where they came from only to find out they were wrong. Before you comment on someone else's life it might be best to get your facts right.

BB
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:59 am
Banned

How is that different than Godzoners trying to convince any complete stranger who will listen that Australia is paradise ? Surely they are trying to justify their choice ?

Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:06 am
Banned

Thanks, I rarely get personal and usually only when 'pushed' by certain members who should know better. There are certainly others on here that have a 'get out of jail free card'.

Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Thanks, I rarely get personal and usually only when 'pushed' by certain members who should know better.
Total bollocks. Your post shows that it's just another day in chris955 world (aka Bizarroland).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.