Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Back in UK 9 months - random observations...

Back in UK 9 months - random observations...

Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:41 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back in UK 9 months - random observations...

And the relevance is ?

Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all

I'll try to remember your pictures every time I place my arse in one of those non-air-conditioning-in-summer fake leather train seats, and every time the greatly trained bus driver push or stop too hard on my dirty-scratched-windows old bus way home...
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:46 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...-1225996785560

Or

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-train-station

It is very easy to find numerous stories from both countries so no real point scoring ability with this one I'm afraid. If public transport was safe here that would be different.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all

I so miss my oyster...
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
If public transport was safe here that would be different.
That depends where here is. Last I heard you were back in the UK.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:55 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Aaaah The Daily Fail. Most newspapers were referred to as tomorrows fish n chip wrappings, whereas The Fail should be termed as todays bog paper.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:56 am
Banned

where would you have heard I was back in the UK ? I am in Brisbane. I'm still unsure of the relevance of an incident on the tube when all the same things happen here.

Originally Posted by NedKelly
That depends where here is. Last I heard you were back in the UK.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
where would you have heard I was back in the UK ? I am in Brisbane. I'm still unsure of the relevance of an incident on the tube when all the same things happen here.
Because about a week ago in the Re: Is Private Health Worth it? - Decision is made thread you said: Remind me to cross your suburb off our list if we ever come back to Australia

Maybe you were just being a troll.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 5:20 am
Banned

If you had bothered to get the facts you would know that we are going to the UK and it was clear that the statement was with that in mind and was also very tongue in cheek. I'm impressed that you trolled the site to find that though
I'm still unsure why you would post a Daily Fail article about an incident at a tube station though, being a troll perhaps ?

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Because about a week ago in the Re: Is Private Health Worth it? - Decision is made thread you said: Remind me to cross your suburb off our list if we ever come back to Australia

Maybe you were just being a troll.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Huh? the Tube at rush hours is like a train from Delhi with so many people. at least in Sydney I can almost always get a seat and it rarely gets so crowded.
That's why if you use your brain you do what I do and go to work at 7am sit on the tube for 26 minutes and get into the office at 07:45. Then leave at about 4pm get a seat for 26 minutes back and get home at 16:45 as long as you get the work done no one cares what time you are in or out of the office.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 6:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
That's why if you use your brain you do what I do and go to work at 7am sit on the tube for 26 minutes and get into the office at 07:45. Then leave at about 4pm get a seat for 26 minutes back and get home at 16:45 as long as you get the work done no one cares what time you are in or out of the office.
Yeah but no but if that was in Sydney it would only take 12 minutes and come with free strawberry daquiris and a foot rub!
Old Feb 25th 2012, 6:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yeah but no but if that was in Sydney it would only take 12 minutes and come with free strawberry daquiris and a foot rub!
Wow! I'm moving to Sydney. I love strawberry daquiries and who can pass up a free footrub?
Old Feb 25th 2012, 6:43 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
not if ur clients need you betwixt 9-6:30!
i feel i'm being raped in such a crowd with all the ladies giving me that inviting look!
Old Feb 25th 2012, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Commonwealth- your pics of tube (and bus) are definitely not taken on Waterloo and City line- there is far too much space and room to move.

We just just carried along in a crowd and there is no room for indecision.

Why has a random observations thread turned into the usual - UK vs Australia bashing? It was very well mild at the beginning.

Both countries have pros and cons but from where I am Melbourne public transport wins hands down over London transport. (and we are told it will only get worse over the Olympics so can workers stay away to allow tourists and officials to get to see sport?)
Old Feb 25th 2012, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I see the lives of my old friends from the UK every day on FB, and every time I read their status updates I thank God I'm not there!

I know it's not the same for every one, but sometimes people on here just have no idea how the other half live.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.