Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Old Oct 20th 2012, 4:56 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all
Default Re: Is Australia officially in a Recession

Originally Posted by sign
not got/never had a pair? umm gud luck; stats damn stats, there are lies and damn lies.

Stats are all we have got, I don't believe them from anywhere, but it's natural to compare stats from the country you are going to compared to the one you are leaving, currently Australia is still doing well, from doing fantastic for years, which has been evident in the very low unemployment and great wage rises, compared to the UK that has higher unemployment and not so great pay rises, does it mean Australia is a lot easier place to succeed or get a job than the UK, I would say it Definately has the edge, but there's still a lot on offer in the UK which I am hopeful will come out of recession next year.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:18 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Where have I said I think my life is gonna be much better there, it's the same sh!t just a different country, I just want a change that's all, I have a good life in the UK, I don't see much of a future work wise for my kids here my lad is struggling to find even a part time job and I know Perth well and unemployment is less than 4% there and near 10% where I live in the UK, my wife's cousins and friends love it in Perth there and say there's plenty of work.
How old are the kids Pitbull? If your lad is looking for work now, does that mean you will be migrating without him?
Old Oct 20th 2012, 11:59 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
How old are the kids Pitbull? If your lad is looking for work now, does that mean you will be migrating without him?
He is 17 he is on the wife's skills visa, we have ages yet to decide exactly when to go.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 12:16 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 21st 2012, 6:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by commonwealth

This picture couldn't be more descriptive of what is going on here in the UK, well over a million good well paid jobs lost, axed, let go whatever you want to call it and they have been replaced in the majority by low paid jobs, that's why last year the average wage went down in the UK. The squeeze is on which is effecting millions of workers, which was shown by the massive rallies yesterday by workers from all working sectors protesting about how their working rights are being eroded, I don't think this government are remotely interested in how the cuts effect anyone.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:04 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

This picture couldn't be more descriptive of what is going on here in the UK.
or Australia........casual work anyone?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:15 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

He is 17 he is on the wife's skills visa, we have ages yet to decide exactly when to go.
I wasn't sure if you had your visa or not. My lad is 17 too and I worry whether he will find work when we get to Oz - we are going next year.

I don't think Australia is officilly in a recession, but I worry about it being slower to find work, and there being a slump
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:58 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Yes incredibly descriptive of how things are going in Australia with secure permanent jobs being replaced with casual, exactly the same as in the UK of course, we shouldnt fall into the trap of thinking it is different.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:59 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
or Australia........casual work anyone?
I dont think anyone seriously thinks its different to be honest.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:02 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder when these protests will take place in australia?

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-72...inst-austerity
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:14 am
Banned

Well they have already taken place in Queensland because of Campbell Newmans slash and burn tactics, the 'she'll be right' attitude only takes you so far.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:20 am
Daffyd Duck

did the slash n burn happen already
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:23 am
Banned

Its happening now, started a few weeks ago now. Dont you get interstate news in Sidderney ?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:00 am
Daffyd Duck

never heard of those widespread protests. i wonder why they voted Campbell's party with a wide margin in the first place!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Stats are all we have got, I don't believe them from anywhere, but it's natural to compare stats from the country you are going to compared to the one you are leaving, currently Australia is still doing well, from doing fantastic for years, which has been evident in the very low unemployment and great wage rises, compared to the UK that has higher unemployment and not so great pay rises, does it mean Australia is a lot easier place to succeed or get a job than the UK, I would say it Definately has the edge, but there's still a lot on offer in the UK which I am hopeful will come out of recession next year.
If you don't believe stats from anywhere how do you know australia gets great wage rises and the uk not so great wage rises?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.