Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:41 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Australia officially in a Recession

maybe they faked it and overstated it so the RBA can cut rates!
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:46 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing would surprise me.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:25 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Well the simple facts are Australia is nowhere near recession, I know some want it to be, which I find strange, but it isn't. Lets hope the jobless rise is a blip and unemployment goes down next time the figures are out.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 6:40 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I cant imagine anyone wanting the country to go into recession, that is a bit odd.
When you consider all the public servants that have been laid off havent even entered the system yet I would be incredibly surprised if the rate went down next month.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:09 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chris955
I cant imagine anyone wanting the country to go into recession, that is a bit odd.
When you consider all the public servants that have been laid off havent even entered the system yet I would be incredibly surprised if the rate went down next month.

Theres plenty who would like to see Australia go into recession, what about you?

You haven't got a good word to say about it.

Last edited by Pit Bull.; Oct 11th 2012 at 7:26 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lumpommer
With prices rising and unemployment rising has recession finally come to Australia.

NO.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

The main problem Australia has is the two-speed economy. A rebalance away from mining and a weakening of the dollar, which is too strong at the moment would be the best thing for everyone. Mining booms are fickle things and lets be frank most people want a comfortable life on the east coast, being able to afford to drink in the bars and go for meals in nice restaurants, not paying huge mortgages and having the cost of everything inflated due to businesses cashing in on those home for shore leave after sweating it out on inflated salaries in the pilbarra...
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:53 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

same same
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:44 pm
Daffyd Duck

i work in finance and a lot of deals are from the mining sector.

the miners don't work in a vacuum
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commonwealth
i work in finance and a lot of deals are from the mining sector.

the miners don't work in a vacuum
you seem to take great delight and pride in boasting about how much money you have. Most people I know with plenty of cash, which are plentiful in my neck of the woods tend to keep quiet about it!!
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:08 pm
Daffyd Duck

who said i have wads of cash?
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commonwealth
who said i have wads of cash?
Well i just assume from the fact you have stated you have paid of your mortgage, plenty of disposable cash and are cracking out multi million dollar financial deals on a daily basis. So you I guess?!
Old Oct 12th 2012, 12:08 am
Daffyd Duck

no. i only said the resource sector does not operate in isolation.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 12:11 am
Daffyd Duck

and who said i took s mortgage in the first place
Old Oct 12th 2012, 5:18 pm
Banned

There's a nasty rumour going round that Australia might go into recession this ....... Century sometime. Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.