Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Old Oct 13th 2012, 12:41 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Australia officially in a Recession

maybe millennium
Old Oct 13th 2012, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Well the simple facts are Australia is nowhere near recession, I know some want it to be, which I find strange, but it isn't. Lets hope the jobless rise is a blip and unemployment goes down next time the figures are out.
Have you even been to Australia? How would you know it's no where near recession?

There's a very possible chance of recession next year. And the way things are going its very similar to the UK was 2007-8..

I fully expect a recession here if mining continues to struggle in coal and iron.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Have you even been to Australia? How would you know it's no where near recession?

There's a very possible chance of recession next year. And the way things are going its very similar to the UK was 2007-8..

I fully expect a recession here if mining continues to struggle in coal and iron.
In what way
Old Oct 13th 2012, 4:34 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
In what way
I don't see the similarity at all but I totally agree about the issue with coal and iron.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 5:04 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
I don't see the similarity at all but I totally agree about the issue with coal and iron.
pfft

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Originally Posted by commonwealth
how much is iron ore and coal today compared to 5 years ago?
Iron-ore:

October 2007 - USD36.63/t
October 2012 - USD117.00/t

http://www.indexmundi.com/commoditie...-ore&months=60
Old Oct 13th 2012, 7:05 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

pfft
Iron is back up because China had a stimulus after it dropped to $90, but forget it - it is not believed that new stimulus will have anywhere near the motive force on construction that the last one did, so I predict iron is going down again.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 7:21 am
Daffyd Duck

well. i'd be worried if it goes below 36.63.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 7:33 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate

Yes I have been several times, not that you need to be there to find out that Australia had over 3% growth in its economy this year and its predicted another 3% growth next year, don't give up the day job.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 7:40 am
Daffyd Duck

i've been in australia (syd) in past 3 years and hardly seen signs of recession around me

in fact it has improved since then.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 8:12 am
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Yes I have been several times, not that you need to be there to find out that Australia had over 3% growth in its economy this year and its predicted another 3% growth next year, don't give up the day job.
some perspective is in order.

Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:17 am
Just Joined

acidify will become famous soon enough

Well , i personally know of a friend who got the PR ( not sure exactly what kind) , and moved to brisbane , he has a Masters in Biomedical engineering , and its been more than 3 months he couldnt find work , maybe jobs in some sectors are more than in others i guess
Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:27 am
Daffyd Duck

i was unemployed for more than 3 months when i first arrived in oz.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:34 am
Daffyd Duck

http://www.smh.com.au/business/jobs-...012-27ibb.html

...despite all the gloominess - and notwithstanding its apparent rise to 5.4 per cent last month - the official unemployment rate is still very low by the standards of the past 30 years.
In that time there have been only four years in which the unemployment rate has averaged less than 5.25 per cent. (Note for sceptics: contrary to urban myth, the method of calculating the rate hasn't changed in that time.)
Lowe reminds us Australia has one of the lowest unemployment rates among the advanced economies - ''an outcome that seemed improbable for much of my professional career''.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 1:35 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

i was unemployed for more than 3 months when i first arrived in oz.
I haven't been unemployed in the UK for over 25 years, so it must be better in the UK.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 2:06 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think that would necessarily follow automatically.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.