Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Ashes Series

The Ashes Series

Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:18 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes Series

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Your ancestors who's false accusations and testimony resulted in wrongful convictions.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:39 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I'm sure Frazer's ancestors found it most amusing that they could knock up a poor servant girl and when her condition became embarrassing, accused her of stealing the bread crumbs intended for her master's porridge, had her convicted on a crime just short of a hanging offence and resulting in her transportation to exile far beyond the reach of justice.

Little did Frazer's ancestors realize that such despicable behaviour would return to hound and haunt in the form of cricket annihilation.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:43 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Frazer's ancestors found it most amusing that they could knock up a poor servant girl and when her condition became embarrassing, accused her of stealing the bread crumbs intended for her master's porridge, had her convicted on a crime just short of a hanging offence and resulting in her transportation to exile far beyond the reach of justice.

Little did Frazer's ancestors realize that such despicable behaviour would return to hound and haunt in the form of cricket annihilation.
please put the crack pipe down on the floor and step away from it
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:49 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

FMD...!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:54 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
please put the crack pipe down on the floor and step away from it
Did you just crack? Crack us a cricket joke willya?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:55 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

A ludicrous yet quite funny reply
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:02 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

it gets better!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Ponting absolutely no class, you cant knock his batting record but a truly unlikeable captain not even many Australians really like the guy,Steve Waugh he most certainly isn't.

England were pretty woefull in this match but can still win this series, this is a very beatable aussie team, that was a great effort from Collingwood down, under incredible pressure, looked like a fantastic atmosphere in the ground and nothing wrong with celebrating a draw considering the position they were in. I wouldnt change the team to much before thursday maybe Onions or Harrmison for one of the spinners and thats it.

Thought it was quite amusing yesterday in the Herald Sun complaining about the english bias in the commentary, hello its a british sports channels commentary so of course its going to be english biased, Fox sports and SBS should not be such tight arses and send there own team over.
Mind you SBS has Rodney Hogg over there doing the intro before the days play and he stated quite emphatically after englands first innings that no one would score a hundred on that pitch and Australia would be 70 runs short.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:07 am
Just Joined

CatWithClaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to say it has left me with a smile seeing Ponting interviewed post-match - looking like he's sucking a lemon!! Made my day!

PS His eyes are too close together and he chews with his mouth open!!!! LOLOL
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:22 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The Ashes Series

Originally Posted by papilon
England were pretty woefull in this match but can still win this series, this is a very beatable aussie team, that was a great effort from Collingwood down, under incredible pressure, looked like a fantastic atmosphere in the ground and nothing wrong with celebrating a draw considering the position they were in.
I agree that England can still win this series, but I wouldn't call Australia "a very beatable Aussie team". We took 19 wickets; your boys took a mere 6. We set an impossible target; your boys responded with a bit of beach cricket and forced a draw by stonewalling for 40 minutes. Your boys were completely outplayed; even Strauss admitted it.

Collingwood looks like your only star right now, and you can't win a game on the strength of one player. If there's a "very beatable" team in this series, it's England.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Pearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by papilon
Thought it was quite amusing yesterday in the Herald Sun complaining about the english bias in the commentary, hello its a british sports channels commentary so of course its going to be english biased, Fox sports and SBS should not be such tight arses and send there own team over.
It's this type of uneduacated shoddy journalism that you come to expect reading the back pages here - very little research as always.

Tonight the local news bleated about Englands stolen 'two' minutes (out of over 6 hours of play by the way) and they wheeled out Greg Chapell to castigate England.

That's the same Greg Chapell who ordered his player to bowl underarm against New Zealand to ensure they couldn't hit the last ball for six.

Oh the beautiful, wonderful irony of it all. Either that or they're just a bit thick.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:23 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CatWithClaws
Have to say it has left me with a smile seeing Ponting interviewed post-match - looking like he's sucking a lemon!! Made my day!

PS His eyes are too close together and he chews with his mouth open!!!! LOLOL
What...only a smile?? I nearly peed myself laughing!!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:25 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pearl&Wal
It's this type of uneduacated shoddy journalism that you come to expect reading the back pages here - very little research as always.

Tonight the local news bleated about Englands stolen 'two' minutes (out of over 6 hours of play by the way) and they wheeled out Greg Chapell to castigate England.

That's the same Greg Chapell who ordered his player to bowl underarm against New Zealand to ensure they couldn't hit the last ball for six.

Oh the beautiful, wonderful irony of it all. Either that or they're just a bit thick.
Myhusband is a NZer. That was the first thing he said when Ponting started his whingeing!!
What a grade A knob
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:35 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The Ashes Series

I think Jonathan Agnew said it best:
The stunning finish to the first Ashes Test in Cardiff was as unexpected as it was thrilling.

England appeared to be on the ropes at lunch, and destined for the defeat they deserved. It took typical guts and resilience from Paul Collingwood to keep the series level.

But despite the finish, we have to acknowledge they were outplayed in every department of the game, and particularly in mental attitude.

Australia were mighty impressive - completely focused, disciplined and determined. England were second division in comparison and while the tourists can definitely be beaten, they won't be if this is the best England can produce.

So, the challenge is to come up with something much better at Lord's on Thursday.
(Beeb).
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:59 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pearl&Wal

brilliant stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.