Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Ashes Series

The Ashes Series

Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:18 pm

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Ashes Series

Originally Posted by rab
I wanted to start a 'Ricky Ponting is a dickhead' Facebook group but around two dozen people had beat me to it!

I'm happy with 435. As soon as Freddie can get Ponting out we're into the Australian tail.

To the OP's topic: I can't understand any Brit would change any allegiance when it comes to cricket.

True I quite like to support the Socceroos because I like to see football do well here. I can also understand Brits taking a curious interest in AFL. Then there'll also be a few Sweaty Socks around who'll be anti anything English, but generally I can't see why any Expat with a decent sense of identity would change to support Australia in the Ashes. Especially when the Aus team has dished out such misery in the last couple of decades with the most detestful arrogance.

LIVE: Come on Monty, get the **** out!
ricky aint all bad,

i think you will find he is the 2nd run scorer of all time.....just behind the great sir don.

how good are you at your job ?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Pearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant future

Ponting is the 2nd run scorer of all time behind Sir Don?

What list are you looking at. The 'made up by Australians' list.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:18 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: The Ashes Series

Originally Posted by Pearl&Wal
Yes indeed, but don't kid us Vash. In Cricketing terms, you must be devastated not to have won that one (I know I would be if it were England).
True, it was immensely disappointing. Really annoyed me that your tail end were harder to shift than your top order!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:34 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
They are, but Poms celebrate a draw as if it's a win, so congratulations are in order.
True. But the thing is, Australia should be the only team able to take any positives away from this game. England certainly cannot. However this result is more like a defeat to the Aussies than it is a draw. Therefore this will be incredibly demoralising for the Aussies.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:37 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
True. But the thing is, Australia should be the only team able to take any positives away from this game. England certainly cannot. However this result is more like a defeat to the Aussies than it is a draw. Therefore this will be incredibly demoralising for the Aussies.
Agree

I loved to see Ponting whinging about Englands 'timewasting' tactics.....hahahahahahaha !!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Agree

I loved to see Ponting whinging about Englands 'timewasting' tactics.....hahahahahahaha !!!!!
Ponting certainly is a 'world class' whinger
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:41 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisbanebob
ricky aint all bad,

i think you will find he is the 2nd run scorer of all time.....just behind the great sir don.

how good are you at your job ?
How many runs did Sir Don score exactly? Ponting is only 4th on the all time list, behind Border, Lara & Tendulkar.
Granted, as a batsman he is probably the best of our era. As a captain and the value he brings to cricket as a sportsman he is an absolute bogan-ass. The biggest hypocrite in cricket. Listening to his latest rant about our tail enders not playing in the "spirit of the game". Of all the people! I saw his lot do that in India last year, I saw him cheat his way to victory against the Indians at home, I saw him ground catches against the Indians and claim them, I saw him claim a pad catch off Collingwood, I saw him abuse our fans and coach in 05'....etc, etc
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:45 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
How many runs did Sir Don score exactly? Ponting is only 4th on the all time list, behind Border, Lara & Tendulkar.
Granted, as a batsman he is probably the best of our era. As a captain and the value he brings to cricket as a sportsman he is an absolute bogan-ass. The biggest hypocrite in cricket. Listening to his latest rant about our tail enders not playing in the "spirit of the game". Of all the people! I saw his lot do that in India last year, I saw him cheat his way to victory against the Indians at home, I saw him ground catches against the Indians and claim them, I saw him claim a pad catch off Collingwood, I saw him abuse our fans and coach in 05'....etc, etc
You're not a fan of Ricky then Mr Shoulders ?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 11:06 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
You're not a fan of Ricky then Mr Shoulders ?
his batting, but nothing else
Old Jul 12th 2009, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all

I cant believe his double standards about time wasting i used to work at the waca and spent a lot of time in the players pavilion and i remember the test agaisnt india that the aussies lost ponting was trying every trick in the book to geta draw out of that game we stood in amazment with some of the antics going on.Mind you watching the indian team dance around the aussie boys in the pavilion after they won was abit hard to watch.
SO PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULDNT THROW STONES
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:00 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neiluk
Mind you watching the indian team dance around the aussie boys in the pavilion after they won was abit hard to watch.
I'd pay top dollar to see that, the worst sports in world sport having their noses rubbed in it, priceless. How the hell could that be hard to watch?

I still expect the convicts to win the ashes though
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all

If im honest i enjoyed watching it hayden and pontings faces were priceless.
It just annoys me how the tv and press here seem very quick to forget the tactics they use to win at any cost and then rubbish or critisize anybody else who beats them at any sport.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:11 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
I'd pay top dollar to see that, the worst sports in world sport having their noses rubbed in it, priceless. How the hell could that be hard to watch?

I still expect the convicts to win the ashes though
The perjurers will have to come up with more than wistful thinking to indulge their spite.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:43 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WillBlack
The perjurers will have to come up with more than wistful thinking to indulge their spite.
Who's being a perjurer
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:02 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Who's being a perjurer
Your ancestors who's false accusations and testimony resulted in wrongful convictions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.