Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

An apology to asylum seekers

Wikiposts

An apology to asylum seekers

Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An apology to asylum seekers

Yes not only should an apology be given but Morison should be called to answer in a court of law the allegations of treatment given out.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 2:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Yes not only should an apology be given but Morison should be called to answer in a court of law the allegations of treatment given out.
Morrison is doing a great job
Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh a supporter of lock them up and let them rot with a bleeding heart now please spare me. I wouldn't even use the term rightie. As if lives lost are your major concern when torture of innocents appears to be of no concern.

As for you and others attempting denigrate those with a conscious as lefties you really should look at your own moral compass
More deflection

So how do you deal with the dangers of ocean journeys on overcrowded rickety boats? Oh you did answer it apparently. Which post?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Those on the dark side have no ideas and void of human decency so what are you constantly going on about?

A set of possible solutions have been constantly put about to the complete disregard of those who show little of the above and maintain own agendas.
I'm not actually sure what you opinion or solution is on this topic. Using it as a device to attack the right is one, opportunity to yell out 'racists' is another. The topic itself seems to be avoided.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
No you did not.

Once again - unless you advocate accepting unlimited arrivals (in which case we could save a lot of money by dismantling the entire border protection department), you must have at least SOME idea of what should be government policy when a limit is reached. Doesn't matter what the limit is. Let's say, for the sake of argument, 1m.

I Don't think you have any idea, frankly.

EDITED 5 MINS LATER I forgot - was it you who "answered" my question by saying that everyone should help by stopping fighting in the countries under discussion? I took that to be sarcasm or a joke - sorry if I misunderstood!
I did answer your question. Review it if you wish. That wasn't my reply though.

What we do once we reach out target is a concern even with the current policy is it not? What we should do is, within our threshold, prioritise based on need, not means of travel. I've said this countless times on here. I suggest you read back this entire thread with your eyes open this time.

Also, you haven't acknowledged JoeBloggs reply.

Care to answer my question now?

Last edited by knockoff nige; Aug 5th 2014 at 10:25 am.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Ok I don't wont to be thrown in the bogan bin, so I've had a change of opinion. I now believe we should allow asylum seekers to arrive by boat. I know that we may see 200 on a boat and if that boat sinks, 200 lives are lost. Can I live with that? Sure the lefties are happy. Oh wait, because asylum seekers know there's no control, thousands more are attempting the trip, suddenly 200 deaths become 400 and 400 become 1000. But can I live with that? Sure the lefties wanted it.
Can you prioritise the following for me on how you rate them.

Asylum seekers are not as important as me.

Asylum seekers lives are at risk at sea

Other nations need to have more control over their border protection, making the monetary cost to Australia lower.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

.... and those on the other side ignore consequences, lack ideas, and can't even answer simple questions to help find a solution that avoids consequences.
Bullshit. Other ideas exist, you just choose to not acknowledge them. Boats keep coming, we just have no idea how many now.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Can you prioritise the following for me on how you rate them.

Asylum seekers are not as important as me.

Asylum seekers lives are at risk at sea

Other nations need to have more control over their border protection, making the monetary cost to Australia lower.
Which garden path are you leading me up now?

OK. I'll prioritize, but you first.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boats keep coming, we just have no idea how many now.
Do they, if we aren't fed the information how do you know if the boats keep coming?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What we do once we reach out target is a concern even with the current policy is it not? What we should do is, within our threshold, prioritise based on need, not means of travel. I've said this countless times on here. I suggest you read back this entire thread with your eyes open this time.
So now that we have that out of you. Fair play. So assuming that there is more need than places, do we keep extending it the number? OK why not, but eventually there needs to be a cap, maybe not? Lets say there's no cap, and there's millions of people out there who are in need to escape their homeland, and want to re-settle in Australia. Could Australia support 1 million asylum seekers? Sure the land mass could, but would the systems, the medical, the welfare? Absolutely not, it would crumble under the pressure. So un-controlled migration needs some control, as you say, based on need and not means of travel. We can't have unlimited asylum claims and we need some control to assess the need.

Its not just Australia who has border control. The UK attempts to prevent asylum seekers boarding trucks in Calais. The US does the same with its southern borders.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Which garden path are you leading me up now?

OK. I'll prioritize, but you first.
Nope, you first 'mister with all the answers'.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Do they, if we aren't fed the information how do you know if the boats keep coming?
We know this for a fact. It's been on the news.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

So now that we have that out of you. Fair play. So assuming that there is more need than places, do we keep extending it the number? OK why not, but eventually there needs to be a cap, maybe not? Lets say there's no cap, and there's millions of people out there who are in need to escape their homeland, and want to re-settle in Australia. Could Australia support 1 million asylum seekers? Sure the land mass could, but would the systems, the medical, the welfare? Absolutely not, it would crumble under the pressure. So un-controlled migration needs some control, as you say, based on need and not means of travel. We can't have unlimited asylum claims and we need some control to assess the need.

Its not just Australia who has border control. The UK attempts to prevent asylum seekers boarding trucks in Calais. The US does the same with its southern borders.
FFS, I answered this question ages ago. Review the thread again or unsubscribe from it. We need a cap, I've said this before. But we can do more, as you've claimed yourself. The issue I have with it is not the cap but not processing boat arrivals. As I've said, they are still coming. If they don't stop, we need to deal with it.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We know this for a fact. It's been on the news.
Don't confuse less boats with zero boats. Less boats means less deaths.

I can't see how anyone would advocate and encourage deaths at sea. Especially not a government.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nope, you first 'mister with all the answers'.
Oh well your call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.