British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

the pursers Jul 27th 2007 10:55 am

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Ok the forms have been delivered to Australia House, just got to sit tight and wait now!
Off for a drink down the pub to forget about it!!:D

dandn Jul 30th 2007 8:20 pm

Hi everybody,
we've send our application for a 136 MODL away the beginning of july. My OH passed the skills assessment SAP through the ACS in june.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!:)

Debby

carolinejones3 Jul 31st 2007 1:37 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for acknowledgement?? Money not gone yet....Ohh I think I will go eat worms!!!:frown:

Reedy Jul 31st 2007 2:13 pm

Hi Guys,

If you look at the June threads you will see that it took approx 3 weeks from sending to get pre-acknowledgement and that the acknowledgements / file reference numbers have started being issued now - 6 weeks after. DIAC advise 6 weeks in the pre-ack email so looks like they are right on target!:thumbsup:

Good luck to you all.

Laura

hereshoping Jul 31st 2007 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Reedy (Post 5129394)
Hi Guys,

If you look at the June threads you will see that it took approx 3 weeks from sending to get pre-acknowledgement and that the acknowledgements / file reference numbers have started being issued now - 6 weeks after. DIAC advise 6 weeks in the pre-ack email so looks like they are right on target!:thumbsup:

Good luck to you all.

Laura

ok now i'm worrying that we haven't had a pre-ack email. Visa was signed for in adelaide on the 9th July so we should get one soon right.

Must try to stop stressing!

penky Jul 31st 2007 6:00 pm

Hello everyone!
Just thought Id let you know!!

I got my visa!!! :D - well the email that tells me Ive got it, just need to send in my passport!! :D

Only sent it off on the 17/07/07 but its a spouse one so there really quick

Sally Simpson Jul 31st 2007 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by penky (Post 5130199)
Hello everyone!

I got my visa!!! :D - well the email that tells me Ive got it, just need to send in my passport!! :D

CONGRATULATIONS:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Brilliant news, well done & gosh that was quick!

vickys Aug 1st 2007 8:21 am

Originally Posted by penky (Post 5130199)
Hello everyone!

That's excellent news babe congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mgmgmahn Aug 2nd 2007 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by vickys (Post 5132436)
That's excellent news babe congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I sent off my application on July 2nd. Is there anyone who got pre-ack email? If we don't get the pre-ack email before Sep 1, will our applications be processed in the new system (as of Sep 1). Any idea?

carolinejones3 Aug 9th 2007 11:38 am

Just though I would bump this thread a bit as we have seem to gone quite. Maybe lucky peeps on there Jolly's. Good question last post, no answer though.
We are on jollys in two weeks time!!:thumbup:
Then house on market, dreading it all!!!
Caroline;)

tracyw Aug 9th 2007 12:08 pm

Me, hubbie and 2 kiddies applied in July, a friend told me about this forum. I am a little concerned as we have still not had any confirmation of rec. of application. How long does this normally take. We have applied for skilled independant offshore visa, I read the processing times thread but couldnt make any sense of it... does anyone know what the current processing times are?

carolinejones3 Aug 9th 2007 12:17 pm

Hi Tracey,
Its frustrating to say the least. From what I can gather it takes upto 6 weeks for your pre ackno and then another wait for a CO. So you should here something anytime re that they have received your visa and the money taken?? I think??:blink:
Good luck. This is a fab forum and you can ask away people are generally very good with helping out.
Welcome.:)
Caroline

hereshoping Aug 9th 2007 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by mgmgmahn (Post 5138199)
I sent off my application on July 2nd. Is there anyone who got pre-ack email? If we don't get the pre-ack email before Sep 1, will our applications be processed in the new system (as of Sep 1). Any idea?

no, the new rules apply only to applications recieved on or after the 1st september.

I guess they are on hols at the moment though, no one seems to have had any kind of acknowledgement! Anyone had the money taken yet? we haven't had credit card statement through so can't check it!

tracyw Aug 9th 2007 1:13 pm

Thanks Caroline.... I was beginning to fret a little but as long as it comes its all good. I just cant wait to get out there...

brendan d Aug 9th 2007 6:12 pm

Hi we sent our forms 2 weeks ago through our agent, ours went with a check for the visa fee. l
Like everyone else we are anxious to get some kind of news.
Just have to go easy on the fingernails !!!
Brendan,cath & family
Derry