British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

brendan d Jun 19th 2007 12:08 pm

anyone applying july 2007

Hi, i've just joined the forum and would be interested in getting some info from people who are applying this year (july).

scrum Jun 19th 2007 12:21 pm

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by brendan d (Post 4936098)
Hi, i've just joined the forum and would be interested in getting some info from people who are applying this year (july).

Brendan

We'll be applying at the end of July (fingers crossed).

We've just sent off paperwork to the ACS (Australian Computer Society) and are hoping that will be back by end July beginning of August at the latest.

We have already applied to Vic for STNI. Did that 4 weeks ago and they take up to 8 weeks to get back to us so we should know soon.

Like you I feel it would be nice to be in contact with people at the same stage as us so lets keep in touch.

Trish, Mark & Girls

ozpotty Jun 19th 2007 12:43 pm

I will be applying in July. Hopefully Karen will start a spreadsheet for July :)

brendan d Jun 19th 2007 1:27 pm

thanks for the reply. we have received a positive skills assessment and hope to put in for the visa soon. waiting on sponsor forms from cousin in perth.
good luck.
Brendan, cath & family
Donegal

the pursers Jun 19th 2007 6:46 pm

Hi!
We are hopijng to apply in July as well. Bonus is that the OH is an Aussie, so if you've got questions you think he might be able to help with, PM us or get a thread going.
I've lived over there for a year as well but am not an expert...find the forum very helpful and often uplifting in moments of doom and gloom. Lots of nice people to ask all those small silly questions!
:D

the pursers Jun 19th 2007 6:47 pm

Just noticed you look like you're headed for Vic. The OH is Melburnian, so hope we can help you at some point! :)

hereshoping Jun 19th 2007 6:53 pm

we hope to apply on the 1st July- just as soon as we get our 3 years work exp done. its all sat in our front room ready to go...

Heading for Melbourne too, with any luck

scrum Jun 19th 2007 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by the pursers (Post 4938318)
Just noticed you look like you're headed for Vic. The OH is Melburnian, so hope we can help you at some point! :)

Can I be nosy and ask what everyone else does for a living and what visa your applying for.

O/H is IT Manager going either STNI (prefered route) or family sponsor.

Trish Mark & girls

whizbangwallop Jun 19th 2007 7:51 pm

Hi all. I'm hoping that I'm not going to join your group/spreadsheet, but only because I hope to get our application in within the next week... but you never know:eek:

I'm interested in that a couple of you have mentioned STNI and IT Manager in your posts. Is this something you have heard of happening (I've only heard of nurses etc getting this before). I am an IT Manager and we are currently planning to go on a 138 sponsored visa, but are always open to new suggestions.

Just as a bit of info, my ACS assessment took approx 13 weeks to get turned-around but I think this was longer than the norm.

All the best anyway...

Rich

hitchcock71 Jun 19th 2007 8:58 pm

we should be applying in july on a 457 visa:thumbsup:

as we have just been given the green light from company that they will sponser us :thumbsup:

so we hope to be out in 3 months all being well:blink:

DEEDEE01 Jun 19th 2007 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by brendan d (Post 4936098)

Hi There,

My OH is awaiting a TRA response, we sent it 22nd May so hopefully we should have an answer soon (fingers crossed xxxx).

If everything comes back ok we should be sending our Visa off in July :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks
Donna.
x

brendan d Jun 20th 2007 6:51 am

Going out on a designated sponsor visa. This means i have to reside in the same area as him. I dont have a problem with that. Nice wee area called Bunbury, wa.
Brendan,cath & family

luula Jun 20th 2007 10:59 am

Hi everyone,

We're hopefully be sending our application off at the end of July, we are applying for 136 MODL (OH is a Welder). Just waiting for TRA. Then if all goes well, we're be off to Adelaide.

Got a feeling July will be a busy month because of the changes in the Visa process.

Hope you get some good news soon Donna,should be any day now. Isn't your OH a Welder too?

Lucy x

Ozzy Fever Jun 20th 2007 11:06 am

Hi our agent has got our completed visa form, so depending on when agent sends in form we may be late june or july applicant.

Exciting isn't it.

Good luck to everyone applying:thumbsup:

Nicky

hitchcock71 Jun 20th 2007 11:47 am

yeah i agree to that

good luck to everyone applying in july:thumbsup: