British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

brendan d Jun 19th 2007 12:08 pm

anyone applying july 2007

Hi, i've just joined the forum and would be interested in getting some info from people who are applying this year (july).

scrum Jun 19th 2007 12:21 pm

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by brendan d (Post 4936098)
Hi, i've just joined the forum and would be interested in getting some info from people who are applying this year (july).

Brendan

We'll be applying at the end of July (fingers crossed).

We've just sent off paperwork to the ACS (Australian Computer Society) and are hoping that will be back by end July beginning of August at the latest.

We have already applied to Vic for STNI. Did that 4 weeks ago and they take up to 8 weeks to get back to us so we should know soon.

Like you I feel it would be nice to be in contact with people at the same stage as us so lets keep in touch.

Trish, Mark & Girls

ozpotty Jun 19th 2007 12:43 pm

I will be applying in July. Hopefully Karen will start a spreadsheet for July :)

brendan d Jun 19th 2007 1:27 pm

thanks for the reply. we have received a positive skills assessment and hope to put in for the visa soon. waiting on sponsor forms from cousin in perth.
good luck.
Brendan, cath & family
Donegal

the pursers Jun 19th 2007 6:46 pm

Hi!
We are hopijng to apply in July as well. Bonus is that the OH is an Aussie, so if you've got questions you think he might be able to help with, PM us or get a thread going.
I've lived over there for a year as well but am not an expert...find the forum very helpful and often uplifting in moments of doom and gloom. Lots of nice people to ask all those small silly questions!
:D

the pursers Jun 19th 2007 6:47 pm

Just noticed you look like you're headed for Vic. The OH is Melburnian, so hope we can help you at some point! :)

hereshoping Jun 19th 2007 6:53 pm

we hope to apply on the 1st July- just as soon as we get our 3 years work exp done. its all sat in our front room ready to go...

Heading for Melbourne too, with any luck

scrum Jun 19th 2007 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by the pursers (Post 4938318)
Just noticed you look like you're headed for Vic. The OH is Melburnian, so hope we can help you at some point! :)

Can I be nosy and ask what everyone else does for a living and what visa your applying for.

O/H is IT Manager going either STNI (prefered route) or family sponsor.

Trish Mark & girls

whizbangwallop Jun 19th 2007 7:51 pm

Hi all. I'm hoping that I'm not going to join your group/spreadsheet, but only because I hope to get our application in within the next week... but you never know:eek:

I'm interested in that a couple of you have mentioned STNI and IT Manager in your posts. Is this something you have heard of happening (I've only heard of nurses etc getting this before). I am an IT Manager and we are currently planning to go on a 138 sponsored visa, but are always open to new suggestions.

Just as a bit of info, my ACS assessment took approx 13 weeks to get turned-around but I think this was longer than the norm.

All the best anyway...

Rich

hitchcock71 Jun 19th 2007 8:58 pm

we should be applying in july on a 457 visa:thumbsup:

as we have just been given the green light from company that they will sponser us :thumbsup:

so we hope to be out in 3 months all being well:blink:

DEEDEE01 Jun 19th 2007 9:28 pm

Hi There,

My OH is awaiting a TRA response, we sent it 22nd May so hopefully we should have an answer soon (fingers crossed xxxx).

If everything comes back ok we should be sending our Visa off in July :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks
Donna.
x

brendan d Jun 20th 2007 6:51 am

Going out on a designated sponsor visa. This means i have to reside in the same area as him. I dont have a problem with that. Nice wee area called Bunbury, wa.
Brendan,cath & family

luula Jun 20th 2007 10:59 am

Hi everyone,

We're hopefully be sending our application off at the end of July, we are applying for 136 MODL (OH is a Welder). Just waiting for TRA. Then if all goes well, we're be off to Adelaide.

Got a feeling July will be a busy month because of the changes in the Visa process.

Hope you get some good news soon Donna,should be any day now. Isn't your OH a Welder too?

Lucy x

Ozzy Fever Jun 20th 2007 11:06 am

Hi our agent has got our completed visa form, so depending on when agent sends in form we may be late june or july applicant.

Exciting isn't it.

Good luck to everyone applying:thumbsup:

Nicky

hitchcock71 Jun 20th 2007 11:47 am

yeah i agree to that

good luck to everyone applying in july:thumbsup:

the pursers Jun 20th 2007 3:07 pm

Yeah echo your good wishes to everyone taking the step in July. I'll be looking to get a spouse visa, which can be just as complex and stressful as any of the others! :wub: Will be looking on the forum for advice and support as usual! Not really looking forward to discussing the intimate details of our relationship with Immigration but it has to be done...it feels a bit wrong to discuss it with total strangers! :o

TheColebecks Jun 20th 2007 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by ozpotty (Post 4936306)
I will be applying in July. Hopefully Karen will start a spreadsheet for July :)

Of course I will start a sheet for you all :)

When the time comes, I'd be very grateful if you could Private Message or Email me with all the details as it will make my life a whole lot easier to add you when the time comes .... I'm running about 10 sheets at present! :blink::eek:

Good luck everyone :thumbsup:

Love
Karen xx

hitchcock71 Jun 20th 2007 3:18 pm

aren't you a star

Josie1100 Jun 20th 2007 3:29 pm

We just posted our visa applications off this morning. We are applying for the Labour Agreement subclass 120. Been a lengthy wait getting the paperwork in order but fingers crossed

Ozzy7 Jun 20th 2007 3:33 pm

We plan to send our visa off to our agent in about a weeks time, just sorting out the de facto relationship letters :huh:

We have recieved a positive reply back from WA Perth to sponsor us for a STNI visa which is what were going on, my OH is an engineer and its his trade were using.

Were a family of 4 with 2 teenage boys, havent a clue which area of Perth we plan to live in yet!
Anyone else moving to Perth?

alipally Jun 20th 2007 4:35 pm

I'll let you know! We've been extremely slow off the mark!

Andromada Jun 23rd 2007 9:46 am

hi everyone,
i am also aimimg to apply for visa in July on 136 modl (childcare co ordinater)but first i have to send my info to TRA for asessment, sending it all next week but getting worried i ahvent enough info. so hopefully that will be a positive result, but will have to wait and see.
Andrea
ps i will be heading to melborne as my sister lives there.

soulrebel Jun 23rd 2007 10:15 am

Wow Melbourne seems to be a popular destination here.
We are applying in July too (hopefully) on a 136 GSM visa through my wife who is an accountant and are headed to Melbourne.
We are waiting on the skills assessment to come back from the CPA, Got an email from them saying everything should be ok with it, should have it in a week or two.
Hope to be in OZ around next feb/march if it all goes to plan.
Where are you guys headed for in Melbourne?

Ozzy7 Jun 23rd 2007 10:36 am

We hope to apply in July too, were just writing out letters for our de facto relationship ;) Were applying for the STNI Visa as we have a sponsorship from WA Perth, were going on my OH skills as an engineer fitter.
Were a family of 4 with 2 teenage boys heading off to Perth, and hope to move over before xmas.

Andromada Jun 23rd 2007 10:37 am

my sister lives near berwick (vic) but i will stay with her until i get a job and then look at houses to buy. my other sister is in oz at the moment for a holiday staying with my oz sister, so they have both been looking at areas for me to live, they have come up with gisborne and woodend. its all a bit daunting really going on my own with two lads (17 & 20), even though my sister is there to help and support me.
Andrea

the pursers Jun 23rd 2007 12:45 pm

Well booked our meds no problem yesterday...its all moving along quite well at the mo!
Chichester gave a good price and were really nice on the phone, even asked about tattoos on phone so they could give a correct price to me.
So only a 2 week wait for appointment...thought it would take longer!:D
Anyone know what they test your blood for? I imagine HIV/Hep/blood count, the usual stuff?
Also released our ISA funds for paying for it all...tis all a bit scary as well as exciting! I was smiling after booked the meds though, so I know in my heart I am doing the right thing!
Hope all is going well for all you other July-ers :thumbsup:

Sally Simpson Jun 23rd 2007 4:10 pm

Hi!
We are also hoping to get papers in late June/ July. I've had skills assess back from ANMC (nurse), we are just waiting for copies of birth certs to arrive, then off to solicitor & all systems go!!!!
Still undecided on destination but BunburyWA looking favourable at the mo!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Sally

toan Jun 23rd 2007 5:38 pm

Hi everyone,

We also will be applying in july,visa app sending to agent this week so july it will be,

Good luck to all:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tony & family

sub Jun 23rd 2007 7:44 pm

Yes I will be a July applicant too! Papers being sent to agent this week - 136modl (nurse) Going to Adelaide.

Good luck to everyone!!!:thumbsup:

Sally Simpson Jul 2nd 2007 7:58 pm

Well, I am definitely a July applicant now as courier collected application this afternoon!!!!
Now just have to be patient:frown:
Also, no longer have any excuse to put off the decorating in preparation for selling. Oh no!!!!
how is everyone alse getting along?
sally

karensoutherden Jul 2nd 2007 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by the pursers (Post 4938311)
Hi!
We are hopijng to apply in July as well. Bonus is that the OH is an Aussie, so if you've got questions you think he might be able to help with, PM us or get a thread going.
I've lived over there for a year as well but am not an expert...find the forum very helpful and often uplifting in moments of doom and gloom. Lots of nice people to ask all those small silly questions!
:D

hopefuly we will get to apply before end july as dont want the hassle of the changes !! just waiting on refrences from employers to send off tra!! applying for a 136 visa and heading to geelong 1hr from melbourne (hopefuly as have a sister and family there)

kaz

vickys Jul 2nd 2007 10:03 pm

Hi guys we're hopng to get our Visa off within the next couple of weeks, had a few issues with the ex rethe stat dec but should be sorted this week and all systems go. One thing that i did find out though is that we have to refill in the Visa application as they have changed as of this morning, luckily i have a wonderful agent who is going to fill most of it in using the one we filled in two weeks ago:(. Hopefully i'll have it all signed sealed and delivered back to her at thebeginning of next week though.
We're off to Sydney asap, still got a lot to learn before we go though.
Good luck to everyone who's applying in July. :thumbsup:

Ozzy7 Jul 3rd 2007 7:39 am

Were going on a STNI 137 Visa on my partner's trade as an engineer fitter, were off to Perth as soon as the visa comes through, we would like to be over there before xmas but not sure if we will have the visa in time!
Were just waiting on 2 letters to come back from family who have had to write lettre's to support our de facto relationship :unsure: and the last lot of paperwork back from the solicitors, so were looking at posting everything off by the end of the week!:eek:

Poorginger Jul 3rd 2007 8:35 am

The courier is picking our app up today :D applying for 136 MODL - mechanical engineer. Not sure where to yet, maybe Melbourne.

Good luck all :thumbsup:

MTPockets Jul 3rd 2007 9:19 am

Hi.

I'm also applying this month - nsw stni - all docs now with agent, together with positive vetassess and sponsorship docs so fingers crossed.

Best of luck to you all.
J

TheColebecks Jul 3rd 2007 11:56 am

The JULY Visa Applicants & Skill Assessment Applicants spreadsheets are underway :thumbup: http://www.freewebs.com/britishexpats/

If you'd like to be included pleased sent me a Private Message or Email as I cannot guarantee to see information posted here.

Good luck everyone :thumbsup:

Karen xx

chrisandluke Jul 3rd 2007 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 4941622)
yeah i agree to that

good luck to everyone applying in july:thumbsup:

Yep, ours is in the living room too - (or as my Aussie partner says "the LOUNGE room!!!) ready to go on the 12th - when our 12month relationship period is complete.. applying via London for an interdependency visa.. hopefully heading to Adelaide then working in Melbourne in radio or TV.

I'm addicted to this site.. and paranoid about getting it right!
Thanks to those who've offered advice for us.
good luck to all July'ers!
Chris 'n Luke

lolylew Jul 3rd 2007 6:39 pm

hi,

we are applying for a STNI 137 visa - hopefully going to perth.
we are currently waiting from WA for the sponsorship (hopefully should be very soon!)

i have sent the visa paperwork off to the agent today! so hopefully we should be july applicants!

so exciting - but looking a previous months applicants, we have a wait and a half ahead of us.

good luck everyone
lisa
:thumbsup:

brissydeb Jul 3rd 2007 10:18 pm

Our visa application is at our agents just waiting to be sent away. Hope to have visa in passport by December. Good luck to everyone send theirs away this month.

Debbie

umer830 Jul 4th 2007 5:02 am

Hi,
I am umer from pakistan. I applied for ACS on 18th jun and my application status is "Yet to be Allocated". Please inform what can i do other than fingers coss.
Can I use ACS receiving confirmation mail as a refrence to start some processing DIAC. So taht my overall processing time gets reduced.