British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

TMRE Jul 7th 2007 8:03 pm

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Our Agent currently has our form waiting to go off at the moment. Just waiting for the "yes" from the ACS. They received our stuff on 10th of may and give a waiting time of 8-10 weeks so hopefully back in time to be July applicants!
We are 136 modl visa applicants
Good luck everyone :thumbsup:

the pursers Jul 7th 2007 8:14 pm

Filled in the form online ready to print a few weeks ago. :)
Got the 2 888's from Aussie friends and rellies last week :D
Got certified birth certs, marraige cert etc :lol:
Police checks came back on Thurs - teeny hiccup 12 years ago but nothing to worry about toooo much :unsure:
X-rayed on Thurs. Meds done yesterday :rofl:
Just the personal statement and final bits to add in....:eek::eek::eek:
I think it is time for my little wobbler and worry overload as I try to get the forms away this week :curse:
Wishing you all luck and light in your own darker moments :wub:

MTPockets Jul 9th 2007 7:31 am

Hi.

Having collated vetassess approval, nsw sponsorship application and all visa docs, how long (ballpark) does the final visa stage take from receipt by dimia/diac to a yes/no for british applicants? (I want to leave my current job but appreciate that probably important to remain in current position for sake of application for the time being).

Thanks

vickys Jul 9th 2007 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by MTPockets (Post 5029643)
Hi.

Having collated vetassess approval, nsw sponsorship application and all visa docs, how long (ballpark) does the final visa stage take from receipt by dimia/diac to a yes/no for british applicants? (I want to leave my current job but appreciate that probably important to remain in current position for sake of application for the time being).

Thanks

From what i've been reading on here and other sites and forums they are usually taking about 8 months providing there are no hic ups. There is a thread 'current processing times' which will give you a lot more information though.

MTPockets Jul 10th 2007 7:19 am

Cheers I'll take a look

lolylew Jul 10th 2007 10:13 am

our agent has now received our visa application - yipee!!! :thumbup: (was concerned as it went normal post).
still waiting to hear from WA for STNI sponsorship, wish they'd hurry up.
so still hoping to be july applicants

lisa
:thumbsup:

carolinejones3 Jul 10th 2007 12:35 pm

We are ready to send at long last so can join the July party!!
Can I ask who people sent there visa off with??
Have been looking at DHL, any body any experience with these?
Thanks Caroline (going to perth on a 136 with Partner and kids):)

displaced pecky Jul 10th 2007 1:17 pm

Hi there,
we hope to join the July bunch - going on a 457 sponsored visa and just been given ok by sponsoring company. OH is a plumber and we plan on going to Perth. Its now all the nitty gritty paperwork I guess. Love to hear of others in same position.
:)

Ozzy7 Jul 10th 2007 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by carolinejones3 (Post 5035540)

We sent ours off by DHL but book through interlink as it will only cost you £20if you book by DHL direct it will cost you £60!
You can track its progress online so you know where you parcel is at all times until it reaches its destination, ours took 2 days to get to OZ which I thought was brilliant.

hitchcock71 Jul 10th 2007 5:46 pm

we were going on a 457 and applying this month

however if you read thread" my crap day "you will understand why we are not going

wish everyone the best of luck in their applications

Sally Simpson Jul 10th 2007 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by carolinejones3 (Post 5035540)

Carolina,
We used Interforce. It is still DHL who come to collect but cost £20 as opposed to £47!! Just be aware that the time slot they give you is not binding & they can come any time between 8-5(I think) Check their terms & conditions carefully!
Sally

hereshoping Jul 10th 2007 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by sallyclaire (Post 5036903)
Carolina,
We used Interforce. It is still DHL who come to collect but cost £20 as opposed to £47!! Just be aware that the time slot they give you is not binding & they can come any time between 8-5(I think) Check their terms & conditions carefully!
Sally

We sent ours via a Staples service point for DHL as we couldn't wait around for a day and didn't trust the reception at our work (and they aren't even open 8-5).

For us it was worth the extra £27 as it was more convenient and we didn't waste a day.

It was signed for in adelaide yesterday :D

mad city fan Jul 10th 2007 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by hereshoping (Post 5037121)
We sent ours via a Staples service point for DHL as we couldn't wait around for a day and didn't trust the reception at our work (and they aren't even open 8-5).

For us it was worth the extra £27 as it was more convenient and we didn't waste a day.

It was signed for in adelaide yesterday :D

was it signed by Virginia :) if so its next to mine as ours was delivered yesterday also :thumbsup:

hereshoping Jul 11th 2007 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by mad city fan (Post 5037177)
was it signed by Virginia :) if so its next to mine as ours was delivered yesterday also :thumbsup:

Yup she signed for ours too... what type of visa are you going for/ We're 136 non MODL.

hitchcock71 Jul 11th 2007 12:10 pm

we are applying next week hooray:thumbsup:

oz bound oct/november 2007