British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

the pursers Sep 20th 2007 12:03 pm

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by lolylew (Post 5333724)
i read that post too :eek::eek:
fingers crossed - every day is a day closer :thumbup:

lisa
:thumbsup:

I just said exactly that to a friend on the email! :thumbsup:
It is true, but it is still hard waiting!! Please Mr Case Officer, can you put me out of my misery yet?? Pleeeeeaaaase???????
:D

carolinejones3 Sep 20th 2007 12:53 pm

Not posted for a while, been on holiday and was expecting to find pre ack in email...But like everyone else not a sausage...:mad:
Good luck to all waitng for ack and CO'S. I feel like I cannot move on until I hear something positive!!!
On a brighter note its my son'e Birthday today, 9 yrs, we are having a birthday tea tonight, take-a-way of his choice and a night building new Lego set (should take my mind of things for a while) Off to Blackpool on Saturday, for thrills and spills for another birthday treat, carn't wait, not been to Blackpool for years and years!!!:thumbsup:
Caroline

vickys Sep 20th 2007 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by carolinejones3 (Post 5334071)
Not posted for a while, been on holiday and was expecting to find pre ack in email...But like everyone else not a sausage...:mad:
Good luck to all waitng for ack and CO'S. I feel like I cannot move on until I hear something positive!!!
On a brighter note its my son'e Birthday today, 9 yrs, we are having a birthday tea tonight, take-a-way of his choice and a night building new Lego set (should take my mind of things for a while) Off to Blackpool on Saturday, for thrills and spills for another birthday treat, carn't wait, not been to Blackpool for years and years!!!:thumbsup:
Caroline

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout for your son. Blackpool is still great but quite expensive these days, have an excellent time :thumbsup::thumbsup:

carolinejones3 Sep 20th 2007 1:30 pm

Thanks Vicky, how are you doing...?:)

lolylew Sep 20th 2007 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by vickys (Post 5333874)
Lisa,
have you front loaded your pcc's and med's? I'm unsure whether to or not as i'm not in any major hurry to get there but ideally would like to asap but also i don't want to have to rush in selling the house etc when the time comes. Also i don't want to have to have them redone should the visa take it's time either

hi,
actually speaking of that - last night we filled in our police clearance forms, which i have in the kitchen ready to post in a bit when i pick the kids up from school :eek::eek:
thought these would be ok - as they only cost £10 each - & if we had to do them again its not the end of the world - they last for a year, but am really hoping we wont need to re-do them as we want to be there by then :thumbup: also i did hear they were taking about 40 days to come - so dont want to delay anything by not having them.

(also feel i could do with something else to wait for - as if waiting for an acknowledgement isnt enough :p)

lisa

the pursers Sep 20th 2007 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by the pursers (Post 5302724)
Hi!
Go here, then click on the link for Ringwood on Sept 23rd, you can add your details as a defo or a maybe so they know numbers

dandn, and anyone else (all welcome), don't forget about the meet-up in the New Forest on Sunday!:thumbsup:

dandn Sep 22nd 2007 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by the pursers (Post 5334290)
dandn, and anyone else (all welcome), don't forget about the meet-up in the New Forest on Sunday!:thumbsup:

Hi ya.... I don't think we can make it :( unfortunatly..

Please let me know how it's been and if there will be a next meet up

Deb

vickys Sep 24th 2007 1:09 pm

Has anyone heard anything over the weekend?? Any more acknowledgments received?? There is another one on the April applicants thread got their visa through without being assigned a CO i read before so seems like they are well on their way with april applicants.

fingers crossed :D

marwood Sep 26th 2007 8:52 am

another day and no email pre-ack!! App received by ASPC 16.07, money taken 22.08. That's it. Have they dispensed with pre-acks altogether? Looking at the Sept online apps progress it seems us pre-Sept applicants are getting a seriously raw deal. Worried that this could take a serious amount of time - we were realistically hoping to be out of here come next May but this doesn't look likely the way things are grinding along at the moment. Could it be just a temporary slowdown due to changeover, with normal service being resumed soon? Or have us pre-Sept people picked the worst possible time to submit?

lcys2460 Sep 26th 2007 8:57 am

Originally Posted by marwood (Post 5355766)
another day and no email pre-ack!! App received by ASPC 16.07, money taken 22.08. That's it. Have they dispensed with pre-acks altogether? Looking at the Sept online apps progress it seems us pre-Sept applicants are getting a seriously raw deal. Worried that this could take a serious amount of time - we were realistically hoping to be out of here come next May but this doesn't look likely the way things are grinding along at the moment. Could it be just a temporary slowdown due to changeover, with normal service being resumed soon? Or have us pre-Sept people picked the worst possible time to submit?

Did you not get a pre-ack? Mine arrived same day as you and money taken same day but I did get pre-ack via email????
I've noticed a complete halt and this week have my pessimistic head on - just feel like we applied at the wrong time and can't see getting out there any time soon - we too wanted to be there by April/May latest.

deano66 Sep 26th 2007 9:10 am

Originally Posted by lcys2460 (Post 5355780)
- we too wanted to be there by April/May latest.

We've postponed plans for the validation/recce trip from April to August due to the delays. The up side is we'll have then seen Oz in all seasons.

marwood Sep 26th 2007 9:13 am

Did you not get a pre-ack? Mine arrived same day as you and money taken same day but I did get pre-ack via email????
I've noticed a complete halt and this week have my pessimistic head on - just feel like we applied at the wrong time and can't see getting out there any time soon - we too wanted to be there by April/May latest.

Hmmm!! I now worried that maybe I didn't write my email address clearly or maybe they misread it. I'm relieved they've taken the money, at least they have our app and it's in the system. Do you happen to know if there's any way I can contact them regarding this?
I'm getting the fears that we could be still here next year - I keep telling myself we are now entering our last winter, that thought sustains me on the daily commute. Looking on the July progress spreadsheet there are plenty of July 136 apps who haven't received a pre-ack though I suspect they may not have updated their details.

lcys2460 Sep 26th 2007 9:24 am

I wouldn't worry about not getting the pre-ack, alot in the past don't appear to have either and I think shortly after apps received about 17 July no-one has heard anything since! IF the money has been taken you know they have your application and it has gone through the first stage. I'd start waiting for the acknowledgement!
Deano66 - send some of your positive vibes to me please!

vickys Sep 26th 2007 9:37 am

I've jsut been looking on the time lines, yeah i know not a good idea coz i'm now seriously worried, not only have september applicants both online and paperbased got co's but also a lot of the August applicants have at least got acknowledgements. Then you look at July's and it seems as though very few of us have even had pre-acks whether we have FL'd our pcc's and med's or not. The 136 applications just seem to be at a stand still and nothing happening. Is there anyway i can confirm that they have got our application? We paid by bankers draft and a paper based application but haven't heard anything at all. :(

lcys2460 Sep 26th 2007 9:45 am

Awwww Vickys, you panicked me there! Just checked the August apps and no-one has received a pre-ack yet. 457 apps have heard from ASPC but their apps are processed quicker - phew, thats a relief!
September apps, well thats a whole different story - if only we could all re-apply online now!
At the moment it seems we're set to sit and wait and wait and wait.... one of the August apps was told by an agent that it'll take 9 months! 9 Months! I want to be there then!