British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone applying july 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-applying-july-2007-a-459585/)

maisey Sep 27th 2007 2:56 am

Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by brendan d (Post 5358455)
What a nightmare, our agent sent the forms off on 24th july, and like everyone else, nothin yet. The agent sent me on my medical forms because of the delay in that department aswell (taking 8 weeks), but as they are going to cost me £1200, i am going to wait until co asks for them.
Hope to be there for june 08, heres hopin.
Brendan, cath & family
Derry

How many are getting medicals that seems very steep price wise? Just done ours and for a family of five, extra blood tests for me (nurse) and DHL delivery inclusive of x rays for two adults £740.

mad city fan Sep 27th 2007 6:40 am

Originally Posted by maisey (Post 5360758)
How many are getting medicals that seems very steep price wise? Just done ours and for a family of five, extra blood tests for me (nurse) and DHL delivery inclusive of x rays for two adults £740.

Hi May,hope all went well with your meds, so how much in total for the whole family did you pay was the £740 just for you and hubby :confused: well we still not heard jackdiddley :frown: im learning to be patient its hard but im getting there :unsure:

maisey Sep 27th 2007 9:26 am

Hi there MCF
I did answer your last pm but you never answered.Price was for two adults £75 extra bloodtests for nurse (Hep B & C) chest xrays for 2 adults and 3 children who didn't have bloodtests or chest x rays. Pocket feeling incredibly lighter!!
It has been 6 weeks since our pre akn and according to the e mail from DIMA they are supposed to give us a case file number around now. Have tried to be laid back about it all so far but keep checking. Am putting the feelers out for a job too so waiting to hear back.
House is being tarted up at mo, outside looks lovely, front room just re painted, hallway next week, then kitchen/diner and lastly our bedroom. Will look so nice I won't want to go!!!!
How are you holding up not heard anything at all yet. Seems to be no set pattern to how they do things. Keep in touch.

maisey Sep 27th 2007 9:57 pm

Hi there everyone
Just to update you as asked my agent today how things were going their end as thursday was 6 weeks from pre ak and in the e mail from dept of immi they said six weeks to get cfn. My agent reckons they are wading through the pre sept 1st pile and we should get this in next few weeks!
She also said they are being asked for meds and pccs for mid may applicants now. Hope this crumb helps folks.

deano66 Sep 27th 2007 10:47 pm

Thanks for sharing that. As a late July applicant, I won't bother then with Meds for another 2 months, but will look at PCC as they take 6 weeks.

brendan d Sep 27th 2007 10:51 pm

Hi Maisy, we have to get full meds and xrays for everyone(family of 6).
i wont mind paying for them when it gets that far, but the waitin around is hard.
Brendan cath& family
Derry

maisey Sep 28th 2007 1:20 am

Hi Brendan
I am presuming the kids are teenagers and need the chest xrays and blood tests?
It is soo expensive!!!! Lets hope its all worth it which I am sure it will be.
Lets hope we all hear something soon.
:cool::cool::cool:

maisey Sep 28th 2007 1:24 am

Originally Posted by deano66 (Post 5363465)
Thanks for sharing that. As a late July applicant, I won't bother then with Meds for another 2 months, but will look at PCC as they take 6 weeks.

Just bear in mind the delay in processing the meds - look at the thread going as this will hold things up again. I am presuming from what I have read on that thread that even when the case officer asks for the meds and pccs they will then have to go into the long cue at Sydney LCU. So lets just hope they will clear it. Friends of mine just got a request to do their meds with the case reference number so they maybe trying to avoid delays this way. Just thought I'd share that as it may help.:confused:

deano66 Sep 28th 2007 1:47 am

Its certainly a dilemma. We have been advised by our agent to wait until we get the file number to reduce the chances of them getting mislaid, but if we are one of those who get a CO, ref number and request for meds all at the same time, we're obviously just adding on the LCU processing time to the already agonizing wait.

Thats why I'm hoping to get a full receipt first so we can get this all started while our file sits on some CO's desk waiting its turn.

dandn Sep 28th 2007 6:01 am

It has been 6 weeks since our pre akn and according to the e mail from DIMA they are supposed to give us a case file number around now. Have tried to be laid back about it all so far but keep checking. Am putting the feelers out for a job too so waiting to hear back.
House is being tarted up at mo, outside looks lovely, front room just re painted, hallway next week, then kitchen/diner and lastly our bedroom. Will look so nice I won't want to go!!!!
How are you holding up not heard anything at all yet. Seems to be no set pattern to how they do things. Keep in touch.[/QUOTE]

Hi we are in the same boat as you...waiting waiting waiting no case file number yet

Our estate agent told us that selling the house is going to be a tough one unless we want to sell it for a ridiculous low price so we are thinking of letting the house for 6 months and then hopefully the market has picked up by then and try again...:confused::thumbdown: Any body else having the same problems ????
Deb

the pursers Sep 28th 2007 8:04 am

I might be moving forwards in the queue!!!:D
got an email from my CO today, saying 'I will be in touch shortly regarding your application'.:huh:
I nearly choked on me baked beans (it was lunchtime!) and gasped when I saw there was actually something in the inbox from my CO. Everyone at work stopped and looked at me as I opened it...but I knew it wouldn't be the actual decision, and I was right!
But hey, feeling a lot happier now that I know
a) my CO is still alive and well! (not heard from them since start of August!)
and b) he's remembered we still exist! :thumbsup:
I hope 'shortly' is soon (he said '3 weeks' for the meds referral, it was 7!), its now only 50 days till my hubby's UK visa expires :ohmy:
We might, just might, be nearly there.....
Hope others are making progress too?

Reedy Sep 28th 2007 8:09 am

Originally Posted by dandn (Post 5365347)
How are you holding up not heard anything at all yet. Seems to be no set pattern to how they do things. Keep in touch.

Hi we are in the same boat as you...waiting waiting waiting no case file number yet

Our estate agent told us that selling the house is going to be a tough one unless we want to sell it for a ridiculous low price so we are thinking of letting the house for 6 months and then hopefully the market has picked up by then and try again...:confused::thumbdown: Any body else having the same problems ????
Deb[/QUOTE]

If June timelines are anything to go by could be another 7 weeks before you get ack! Watch that you don't become obsessed like I did - it starts to get to you...:o:o

Ozzy7 Sep 28th 2007 8:17 am

Originally Posted by dandn (Post 5365347)

Deb[/QUOTE]

SNAP WERE THE SAME AS YOU, STILL WAITING FOR A CASE FILE NUMBER!!!

lolylew Sep 30th 2007 7:05 am

good luck everyone - heres hoping for a productive week :thumbup:

please please please can we have a few pre-acks, & some full aks would be great!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

:thumbsup:

dandn Sep 30th 2007 10:07 pm

Just a maybe silly question is the new 175 online visa the same as the old 136 ??
I just looked at the september applicants and it made me feel :eek::curse: