Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air Asia Seat Sale

Air Asia Seat Sale

Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Air Asia Seat Sale

anyone got a link to the booking page? Can only get as far as KL on the air asia site.

ta
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:13 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyblue
anyone got a link to the booking page? Can only get as far as KL on the air asia site.

ta
Not sure exactly what you mean but if you're trying to book London to Aus in one go or vice versa....you can't. You have to book London to KL and KL to Aus as separate tickets....see previous threads for all the pitfalls that entails.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bcworld
Not sure exactly what you mean but if you're trying to book London to Aus in one go or vice versa....you can't. You have to book London to KL and KL to Aus as separate tickets....see previous threads for all the pitfalls that entails.

I think its a great deal - I booked them too - $1,500 from Perth to London for the 2 of us in April next year (inc baggage and meals). I even posted on their blog and they answered a few of my questions. Now that's good customer service for you

The prices are totally unbelievable. At those fares you could afford to go back home every year (if you wanted to of course!).

You do get what you pay for - but I checked out Emirates cost for the same days and it quoted me $6,500. Come on, there really is no comparison.

It's sensational.........bring it on Air Asia.

Laura
Old Aug 20th 2009, 3:52 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it interests anyone but AAX has today started selling KL - Abu Dhabi flights starting later this year. Promo fares start from A$90 return inc taxes but + bags + nasi lemak + mutton rendang + etc. Abu Dhabi is of course just a pretty short drive from Dubai.

Apparently they are planning to set up hub in Abu Dhabi which would probably mean more European destination being added from there...maybe more UK airports.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Apparently they are planning to set up hub in Abu Dhabi which would probably mean more European destination being added from there...maybe more UK airports.
Not concerned about UK airports at all, but if I could get to Rome/Athens/Munich etc for $700 return I'd be very happy.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gordon&laura
I think its a great deal - I booked them too - $1,500 from Perth to London for the 2 of us in April next year (inc baggage and meals). I even posted on their blog and they answered a few of my questions. Now that's good customer service for you

The prices are totally unbelievable. At those fares you could afford to go back home every year (if you wanted to of course!).

You do get what you pay for - but I checked out Emirates cost for the same days and it quoted me $6,500. Come on, there really is no comparison.

It's sensational.........bring it on Air Asia.

Laura
The amount of new international flights out of Perth is growing fast. VB and Jetstar have recently announced new services to Phuket, Air Asia, Jetstar and VB are now going to Bali etc. Add to this Tiger and Jetstar to Singapore and AAX to KL over the last year or two, plus AAX to London (from KL) and the amount of choice from Perth to SE Asia and beyond is fantastic. Virgin are also looking at flying to South Africa from Perth and Jetstar are looking at Japan and New Zealand too.

It's all good at the moment.