British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Air Asia Seat Sale (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/air-asia-seat-sale-625083/)

Amazulu Aug 12th 2009 12:48 am

Air Asia Seat Sale

I just booked 3 flights Perth-London return for next year's July school holidays for $700 each.

Check it out.

The Crow Aug 12th 2009 1:19 am

Re: Air Asia Seat Sale

Thanks so much for posting :thumbup: Have found ones from Mel from $650 return - blimey, might have to book :eek:

Amazulu Aug 12th 2009 1:24 am

Originally Posted by The Crow (Post 7834502)
Thanks so much for posting :thumbup: Have found ones from Mel from $650 return - blimey, might have to book :eek:

No worries. For $700 (including baggage allowance and meals) I think it's worth a go.

The Crow Aug 12th 2009 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 7834511)
No worries. For $700 (including baggage allowance and meals) I think it's worth a go.

I'm having trouble booking my OH, due to work restrictions - pain in the bum. Might just have to pay a little extra for him - he wouldn't be away for as long as us.

Red_V_Roger Aug 12th 2009 3:01 am

Originally Posted by The Crow (Post 7834661)
work restrictions - pain in the bum

Ouch makes me wonder what line of work he is in....:D

The Crow Aug 12th 2009 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger (Post 7834736)
Ouch makes me wonder what line of work he is in....:D

Ha, ha :lol:

The Crow Aug 12th 2009 3:47 am

Bugger, bugger, bugger etc, etc, didn't realise they needed our passport numbers - can't book them as we're waiting on citizenship and haven't renewed our UK ones - knew it would bite me on the bum at some point :frown:

The_Wookie Aug 12th 2009 4:05 am

I was initially excited by this, but after reading user reviews of Air Asia I certainly won't be using them.

By all accounts they're absolutely shocking, and I really don't know if I could handle a long-haul flight with absolutely no inflight entertainment.

fairywings Aug 12th 2009 4:46 am

does anyone know if you can check in all the way to London or do you have to check in at KL for the second leg.

I'm thinking about booking a flight for me and my 1 year son, to go back to the UK, but am not sure that the 3 hours between arriving and KL and leaving for London might not be enough, wdyt?

Amazulu Aug 12th 2009 4:48 am

Originally Posted by The Crow (Post 7834825)
Bugger, bugger, bugger etc, etc, didn't realise they needed our passport numbers - can't book them as we're waiting on citizenship and haven't renewed our UK ones - knew it would bite me on the bum at some point :frown:

I just put a random number and expiry date - no worries.

Amazulu Aug 12th 2009 4:50 am

Originally Posted by The_Wookie (Post 7834873)
I was initially excited by this, but after reading user reviews of Air Asia I certainly won't be using them.

By all accounts they're absolutely shocking, and I really don't know if I could handle a long-haul flight with absolutely no inflight entertainment.

I've flown them several times and found them to be good - you get exactly what it says on the tin.
A netbook loaded with .avi movies and a spare battery sorts out the IFE.

Amazulu Aug 12th 2009 4:51 am

Originally Posted by fairywings (Post 7834957)
does anyone know if you can check in all the way to London or do you have to check in at KL for the second leg.

I'm thinking about booking a flight for me and my 1 year son, to go back to the UK, but am not sure that the 3 hours between arriving and KL and leaving for London might not be enough, wdyt?

You have to check in again in KL. We are spending a night in KL each way - as I think it's a great city, this is an added bonus so happy with that.

The_Wookie Aug 12th 2009 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 7834963)
I've flown them several times and found them to be good - you get exactly what it says on the tin.
A netbook loaded with .avi movies and a spare battery sorts out the IFE.

Aha that's where I'm going wrong. Will buy one for me and the wife.

Hold on just a tickety-boo! With the money I spend on a couple of netbooks I could afford to fly with Singapore........I know what I'd rather do :D

Amazulu Aug 12th 2009 5:16 am

Originally Posted by The_Wookie (Post 7835004)
Aha that's where I'm going wrong. Will buy one for me and the wife.

Hold on just a tickety-boo! With the money I spend on a couple of netbooks I could afford to fly with Singapore........I know what I'd rather do :D

Cool. If you already own one (or an iPod/PSP/DSi/N97 or a book for that matter) then it's easy peasy japaneasy.

fairywings Aug 12th 2009 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 7834965)
You have to check in again in KL. We are spending a night in KL each way - as I think it's a great city, this is an added bonus so happy with that.

do we have to get a visa? We will be travelling on british passports.