Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Air Asia Seat Sale

Air Asia Seat Sale

Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Asia Seat Sale

Originally Posted by fairywings
do we have to get a visa? We will be travelling on british passports.
No.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Lucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
I was initially excited by this, but after reading user reviews of Air Asia I certainly won't be using them.

By all accounts they're absolutely shocking, and I really don't know if I could handle a long-haul flight with absolutely no inflight entertainment.
http://blog.airasia.com/index.php/en...g-haul-flights
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Wow, the reviews I read was that there wasn't IFE.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, the reviews I read was that there wasn't IFE.
I think that's the way they were (was certainly the case when we flew with them in April), seems like from November they will have seatback IFE on every aircraft.

Last edited by Amazulu; Aug 12th 2009 at 7:29 am.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Well that article was written in August 08, so are they saying that the new seatback entertainment was from Nov 08'?
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that article was written in August 08, so are they saying that the new seatback entertainment was from Nov 08'?
I've booked our one way flights to Australia with Air Asia and was very happy with the price of under £500 for 2 of us. Our flight from KL to Melbourne was only £110 for 2 of us.

Yes, it is a budget airline, where you have to pay extra to check-in luggage and seat allocation, but it's still a lot cheaper than the rest. In terms of in-flight entertainment, you can purchase an entertainment centre, that's pre-loaded with films/tv shows when you're on the flight. But for me, my ipod touch and a book will do, especially when we're potentially saving around £700 on flights!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

LivingandlovingPerth is an unknown quantity at this point

We are giving them a go (with 2 kids under 3) back to the UK at Christmas. Saving $3k against BA/Singapore etc which for 24 hours in a plane is more than worth it thank you! Certainly preparing ourselves for the worst flight ever so undoubtedly we will be surprised. I hear the food is actually pretty good. Oh, and just in case the IFE is not working we have 2 laptops 2 ipods and a DVD player - should be OK.......
Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for this info, we've booked our flights back in June next year for $900 each, we paid more for choice of seat and for 20kgs otherwise it would have cost $780 without!!

well chuffed with $900 ...and from our local airport, 20 mins away on the GC!!!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:54 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Did a bit of research last night and it seems some of their aircraft have Thales seatback IFE and some don't. Their plan is to retrofit IFE to existing aircraft at some point. All new aircraft they are getting have IFE.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:52 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

We've just returned from the UK and used Airasia....they were great!

Perth to KL had tv's in the seats but the rest had portable tv's, cost 30myr each to hire. There were only about 6 films though and it hadnt been updated for our return journey so the kids watched Dragonball about 8 times

I had pre-booked food for the outward journey and it was ok but found it a pain having to wake the kids up to eat so i didnt book any meals on the return...took pack-up

Would definately use them again but i wouldn't bother booking seats...just make a dash for the back....hubby and 2 boys had a row each to lay across.

We had a 4 night stopover at KL on the outward journey....fab city....but coming back we came straight through, with a 4 hour wait. The kids were happy enough as there's a McDonalds and Marry Brown's at the LCCT.

Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to differ depending on the type of plane you get. I've heard the seats don't recline either.

OK for Aus-KL, but it's the KL-UK leg that would be the killer, that's bad enough on a normal airline.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:24 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sr71
Seems to differ depending on the type of plane you get. I've heard the seats don't recline either.

OK for Aus-KL, but it's the KL-UK leg that would be the killer, that's bad enough on a normal airline.
The KL to UK leg was fine and the seats reclined no problem!
Why is not a "normal" airline?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by sr71

Aus-KL uses A330 - no seat recline (not sure if this is the case on all of their A330s though)
KL-STN uses A340 (ex-Air Canada) - seat recline
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SalSa
The KL to UK leg was fine and the seats reclined no problem!
Why is not a "normal" airline?
I though the ex-Canadian plane was a temporary thing - once they start using their specific Air-Asia fitted or bought planes they will not have reclining seats.

It's not a normal airline because it's a budget airline.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

I've given it a miss this time - too hard to tie in two different schedules with appropriate transfer/stop offs - as well as tying in with school holidays etc.
Now I will do my research and work out all the logistics and schedules, so next time I'll be prepared

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.