Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:57 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Originally Posted by Bix
I've been gripping it a lot tonight so quite red.......yet getting greener all the time.
Cheeky lion
Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Cheeky lion

Right, time for my chicken dinner.

Bixie, I shall save you my bones.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Right, time for my chicken dinner.

Bixie, I shall save you my bones.
We can dip the gravy.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Saying that though bev, I myself admit to a certain cultural intolerance.

When I stayed at the hospital with Mum, there was a bloke from Jordan there and he said that he thought as a wife of an arab man, I should wear a veil.

Im afraid that I reserve the right to wear what I like, now my hubby doesnt practise his religion but I have no time for the culture that dictates to me what I wear.

I say live and let live, and where I live, I have had my little dog spat on because the extreme muslims have viewed her as 'unclean'.

I think we all have a degree of what we tolerate or not, whether it be racially or anything else.

I live my life and let others live theirs, but in our area, it can be hard.
I guess this is why this debate rages on time and again on the Forum, many feel that the UK is place that has allowed itself (or the Government has) to not be proud of their own heritage & traditions whilst embracing other cultures.

Being in the minority is not a nice place to be, wherever. You are right about on your own doorstep, e.g. you can travel to North Wales, go to a pub, speak English and they all start speaking Welsh back at ya - even my poor Dad who is Welsh.

Having lived in other countries for a while, I was the minority, even in Australia with the playful teasing of being a "Pommy Bird".

I have also been lucky, whilst I may not have been accepted like a long lost relative, I was treat with respect and I feel that this is because I give it a go to adapt to their cultures, I enjoyed their traditions and festivals, made a crap go at learning the lingo and got myself in the hot water at times

It is a matter of trying to make best of it, I know I have said under my own breath some hurtful comments in the past about certain groups in Soceity but I try to learn from the errors of my ways, I am not perfect, people get up my nose regardless of their colour or background.

Peace to all hey
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob is going to be thrilled that this thread is being kept running LMAO!!

sorry Rob hee hee
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Rob is going to be thrilled that this thread is being kept running LMAO!!

sorry Rob hee hee
I think he will

Rob, I certainly don't want to start any wars with my comments, just exercising my ability to free speech as much as you offer your own personal feelings to the board.

Peace
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

I think he will

Rob, I certainly don't want to start any wars with my comments, just exercising my ability to free speech as much as you offer your own personal feelings to the board.

Peace

yep - nothing is black and white these days
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Zebras are
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Zebras are
PMSL
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Zebras are

newcastle united are
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:20 pm

This PC business has killed comedy too . . . . . anyone from the UK see the show about the demise of "Crumpet" in films & TV these days?

It was a funny show and Wendy Richards (Crumpet/Totty from Are you Being Served) said we have become too PC.

So here's to Tittys, Botty's and all those who sail on her
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Zebras are
Newspapers . .. mind they are "read" all over
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:22 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Newspapers . .. mind they are "read" all over
Ah.
But the Sun is yellow.
And the Mirror reflective.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Ah.
But the Sun is yellow.
And the Mirror reflective.
All taste nice with fish & chips
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:37 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

So here's to Tittys, Botty's and all those who sail on her
"This is your captain calling. All aboard the HMS Bonedemgood"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.