Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:50 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Re: Absolutely Disgusted!!!

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
I AM NOT, NEVER HAVE BEEN and NEVER WILL BE racist!!!! IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!!!
Except to Welsh or Scottish people, as his own posts !

Double standards I think!
Old Jan 1st 2006, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
Except to Welsh or Scottish people, as his own posts !

Double standards I think!
Pah! Is that your best shot?

Welshman - stupid for chopping off his nuts - fact!! Racist comment? No, not quite!

Scottish people....asked why they felt it neccessary to refer to scotland in either their user names or the way they type on here - Racist? No, not quite - more of an observation!

Now you all play nicely in here..........I'm off to find people with better things to do than slate me for daring to have an opinion!!

Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Welshman - stupid for chopping off his nuts - fact!!
He had mental health problems.

You seem to be good at giving people abusive labels that should apply to yourself.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:57 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Wrap your fish and chips in newspaper...........NO WAY.......... the politically correct did away with that as well. Only plain white non used paper... totally ruined the taste used to taste much better with ink on your chips.

Merlot's Mam... think the problem 'Up North' is often the number of new people to the area who come to just live off the benefit system when we have enough locals already doing that. Australia has the correct idea of trying to attract people who want to work and want to contribute to the country not just bleed it dry. I don't mind really who I live next to as long as they don't cause hassle and want to make a go of things in general.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:01 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Pah! Is that your best shot?

Welshman - stupid for chopping off his nuts - fact!! Racist comment? No, not quite!

Scottish people....asked why they felt it neccessary to refer to scotland in either their user names or the way they type on here - Racist? No, not quite - more of an observation!

Now you all play nicely in here..........I'm off to find people with better things to do than slate me for daring to have an opinion!!

Mr Ann here,

Rob I don't slate your opinions mate - I just point out when you have totally misunderstood what I have written as you have looked at it but not read it...LOL. Look on the bright side - now you have your Visa you can become one of us on this side soon. I do think too many people are too quick to 'brand' others with racist etc labels. It would seem the 'fun police' are everywhere stamping out humour wherever it is found. I like your opinions - it gives me a chance to wind you up LOL
Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

I thought it was the 'Pot calling Kettle Black' police (although the 2 forces are often confused)

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jan 1st 2006 at 10:38 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:41 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Wrap your fish and chips in newspaper...........NO WAY.......... the politically correct did away with that as well. Only plain white non used paper... totally ruined the taste used to taste much better with ink on your chips.

Merlot's Mam... think the problem 'Up North' is often the number of new people to the area who come to just live off the benefit system when we have enough locals already doing that. Australia has the correct idea of trying to attract people who want to work and want to contribute to the country not just bleed it dry. I don't mind really who I live next to as long as they don't cause hassle and want to make a go of things in general.

I don't think you would like to live next to me, apparently and this is coming from a reputable source, I fart too much........

ZX....
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:30 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
He had mental health problems.

You seem to be good at giving people abusive labels that should apply to yourself.
Do I?
Again, may I suggest you *carefully* re-read my posts!?

The welshman - OP asked, 'Hard or Stupid'? I gave my opinion based on the choice of 2 outcomes, hard or stupid. I chose stupid. Abusive labelling from me? No, I don't think so! As for him being mentally ill - no sh#t!! Humour bypass MartinLuther?

The Scottish username/ talk thing.........quote me and show (as you claim) just where exactly I used an abusive label...... Is the term 'scottish' considered abusive???

I am really quite disturbed that people like you, appear to have little better to do than hang around on this thread having a go at me for expressing an opinion regarding racist activities in australia??!!

For the record, I have done my research and understand the background to what happened at Cronulla......I didn't just start the thread with no knowledge of what I was saying!

From what I can see, this thread turned into a 'have-a-go' at RobnCaz session after I made a post regarding Anneqld's comment, 'people in glass houses (shouldnt throw stones)'......I, interpreted that to mean, 'people with racist attitudes shouldnt be in here having a go at other racist behaviour'. I apologised to keep the peace....not because I thought i was wrong, in fact I am now going to retract that apology. I agree that the comment was probably misunderstood, NOT by me, but by Annqld. I accept that and bear no hard feelings.

Now, I would be greatful if someone could 'sensibly' point out what else I have said in this thread to warrant it turning into an all out attack on me?

I am seriously in the thought process of cancelling my account on here, reluctantly, I hasten to add as I find the forum extremely helpful and heaven forbid, enjoyable to read at times. Now, go ahead...........tell me that I am not welcome anyway...do your best!!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:43 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Do I?

The welshman - OP asked, 'Hard or Stupid'? I gave my opinion based on the choice of 2 outcomes, hard or stupid. I chose stupid. Abusive labelling from me? No, I don't think so! As for him being mentally ill - no sh#t!! Humour bypass MartinLuther?

The Scottish username/ talk thing.........quote me and show (as you claim) just where exactly I used an abusive label...... Is the term 'scottish' considered abusive???

I am really quite disturbed that people like you, appear to have little better to do than hang around on this thread having a go at me for expressing an opinion regarding racist activities in australia??!!

For the record, I have done my research and understand the background to what happened at Cronulla......I didn't just start the thread with no knowledge of what I was saying!

From what I can see, this thread turned into a 'have-a-go' at RobnCaz session after I made a post regarding Anneqld's comment, 'people in glass houses (shouldnt throw stones)'......I, interpreted that to mean, 'people with racist attitudes shouldnt be in here having a go at other racist behaviour'. I apologised to keep the peace....not because I thought i was wrong, in fact I am now going to retract that apology. I agree that the comment was probably misunderstood, NOT by me, but by Annqld. I accept that and bear no hard feelings.

Now, I would be greatful if someone could 'sensibly' point out what else I have said in this thread to warrant it turning into an all out attack on me?

I am seriously in the thought process of cancelling my account on here, reluctantly, I hasten to add as I find the forum extremely helpful and heaven forbid, enjoyable to read at times. Now, go ahead...........tell me that I am not welcome anyway...do your best!!
Look mate, i think you just need to calm down a bit.
You are just going through what most long time members do. You have an opinion, you make a thread, people disagree and a row breaks out. No big deal!! You cant expect everyone to agree with you, thats human nature and we are ALL entitled to post what we think. I dont agree with abusive posts towards anyone whether i agree with them or not, but dont think you are not welcome just because you got into a row over something. You need to calm down and chill out.
Also its not a good idea to post in the feedback forum asking for the thread to be deleted because you didnt like some of the replies. Unfortunately, when a member makes a thread they leave themselves entirely open to challenges, and also the fact that you cannot dictate how it develops. Just take it as a lesson learnt.

Would you like some green tea? its very good for you
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
Look mate, i think you just need to calm down a bit.
You are just going through what most long time members do. You have an opinion, you make a thread, people disagree and a row breaks out. No big deal!! You cant expect everyone to agree with you, thats human nature and we are ALL entitled to post what we think. I dont agree with abusive posts towards anyone whether i agree with them or not, but dont think you are not welcome just because you got into a row over something. You need to calm down and chill out.
Also its not a good idea to post in the feedback forum asking for the thread to be deleted because you didnt like some of the replies. Unfortunately, when a member makes a thread they leave themselves entirely open to challenges, and also the fact that you cannot dictate how it develops. Just take it as a lesson learnt.

Would you like some green tea? its very good for you

Linda

Thanks for your comments. I am however, very calm and very chilled, just rather dissapointed in the way this thread has turned against me for no apparent, cancel that - 'valid' reason!

Regarding asking the thread to be deleted - the primary reason was the responses, and yes, I don't like some of them, however, you may also have noticed that the link I posted has since gone belly up (the guy who owns the site has obviously removed it), and I am getting rather bored of explaining this to people via PM! Thought it would be easier to have the thread removed, as the article that it refers to is no longer available!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:57 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Linda

Thanks for your comments. I am however, very calm and very chilled, just rather dissapointed in the way this thread has turned against me for no apparent, cancel that - 'valid' reason!

Regarding asking the thread to be deleted - the primary reason was the responses, and yes, I don't like some of them, however, you may also have noticed that the link I posted has since gone belly up (the guy who owns the site has obviously removed it), and I am getting rather bored of explaining this to people via PM! Thought it would be easier to have the thread removed, as the article that it refers to is no longer available!

I can understand and relate to how you feel, truly i do. I often feel disappointed in here (especially when soapy posts)..lol But thats life i guess. Let it ride. Glad you are chilled.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Do I?

Well your OP, created a hell of a big debate, and on that basis alone you need to be commended. I think some of the people having a go at you are just winding you up, rather than having a go at your base principals in life. You did leave yourself open to critiscm, but there again you did provoke some interesting thought processess.

BTW, I dont think you can be racist towards English/Scottiish/Irish/Welsh, people as they are ethnic groups. Races are Africans, Asians, Europeans, South Americans, Arabs, and Racial off shoots, like the Chinese/Japanese/Mongolians etc etc.

So in the strict legal sense, I don't think Racial remarks against Welsh/Scots/English/Irish are possible, unless you call them white bastards..... etc etc.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:51 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Well your OP, created a hell of a big debate, and on that basis alone you need to be commended. I think some of the people having a go at you are just winding you up, rather than having a go at your base principals in life. You did leave yourself open to critiscm, but there again you did provoke some interesting thought processess.
Well said Ozzieagle

Rob, as others have said just take it all with a pinch of salt, you said what you said and you have to stand by that, regardless of what others said.

Been there and done that with closing an account due to a lot of agro, not worth it, just focus on your new life in Oz, much more important than a Forum full of wind up merchants eh!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:50 am
Account Closed

If OzzieEagle is referring to me, then I will say that only the last post was a wind-up and that was solely because you calling me a to##er was unwarranted. Prior to that I only answered questions as they were asked. Someone asked why you were being "attacked" and I gave my opinion (see later and here) which was also shared by others (see here) albeit that Centurian was more generous in giving you the benefit of the doubt. Now you could have challenged my opinion or even explained the meaning behind your controversial statement, but you didn't, you decided to insult my intelligence by instructing me to "*CAREFULLY* re-read my posts!!", and then called me a to##er.

Now taking your post a point at a time.

Do I?
In any communications there are a number of translations occuring between the concept in the writer's head and the image created in the reader's head. For, example:
1) the writer has a concept
2) the writer decides how he wants to put across that concept.
3) the writer writes about the concept
4) the concept is transmitted
5) the reader reads the concept
6) the reader tries to sort out the ambiguities and nuances to work out what the writer wanted to say
7) the reader forms an image of the concept.

Now at any stage there can be a translation problem. Therefore there is a high degree of chance that the reader's image of the concept does not match the one in the writer's head. This is the fault of neither party and is more of a problem on bulletin boards because the visual and verbal cues are missing. Given this situation, it is quite insulting to insist the problem lies with the reader. It is then extremely insulting to call the reader a to##er just because he has misunderstood what you have said.

You yourself told annqldau to "May I suggest you choose your words more carefully?" after you misunderstood what they had said. How would you have liked it, if they had turned around and told you to re-read *CAREFULLY* and then called you a to##er.

Personally I think it is appalling to call people with mental problems, stupid. I thought that the thread was appalling when it started which is why I highlighted the mental problems, in the thread, quite early on. I think the thread highlights the mob mentality. It is your choice to say nothing, or to join in with the mob - nobody is forcing you to contribute. There was no 'sense of humour bypass' on this - I just don't think it is genuinely funny.

This statement has nothing to do with me.

And you're not hanging around this thread having a go at me! I gave my opinion and you called me a to##er which was unnecessary as this could have been resolved in a civil manner. After this I don't intend to stay here any longer than I have to.

If you've done your research then you would know that this was isolated to certain suburbs of Sydney, not unlike the stuff that happened a few years ago in the UK. To say that the UK government prevents this sort of stuff happening and that the Australian governments should have done more is nonsense. This takes us back to the question posed in a previous post: "why post this thread?". It was destined to end up in a slanging match and was unnecessary if you already knew the background of Cronulla.

I think that issue was resolved early on.

I believe the problem began with your statement "When I posted, I honestly, honestly thought it would be a clear cut post with EVERYONE agreeing that racism is NOT to be tolerated under any circumstances...instead, it has turned into a (heated, dare I say) debate!
" (see here). I can re-read that as many times as I like and as *CAREFULLY* as I like and it still sounds like your calling us racists. I did pose the question "What's the message behind that?" which you answered by calling me a to##er. Was that a deliberately evasive tactic? You now have the opportunity to clear things up.

Your choice.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 12:04 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

The welshman - OP asked, 'Hard or Stupid'? I gave my opinion based on the choice of 2 outcomes, hard or stupid. I chose stupid.
The post actually said 'The Welsh', not the particular Welshman, so I interpret by saying 'The Welsh, comment: Stupid", as appying to all Welsh people, not just him.

Its Political correctness gone made. I don't see this thread as an attack on you. Its people expressing opinions, and peoples opinions totally differ from yours (wait till you get to Oz!), its hard to think that you thought that everyone would agree with you, would turn into a bit of 'back patting' post otherwise.

Take a "Chill Pill", its not the 1st thread that has told you to chill out. Have a cup of Rosey.

Lets hope that this thread dies soon...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.