Whatya Reading??

Old Mar 21st 2012, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whatya Reading??

Originally Posted by Patty
I dont usually like the films cos they never stay true to the book. I think one of the only films that did that was Chocolat.
They changed the ending in the film of Chocolat! The author was quite pleased with it though, apparently.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K in Modena
They changed the ending in the film of Chocolat! The author was quite pleased with it though, apparently.
ooops - sorry dont have any memory these days

Have you read the next one by her - Lollipop Shoes - I really enjoyed it, but I think my favourite of hers was Five quarts of an orange closely followed by Holy Fools and then Coastliners.

I also love Rose Tremain.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you read the next one by her - Lollipop Shoes - I really enjoyed it, but I think my favourite of hers was Five quarts of an orange closely followed by Holy Fools and then Coastliners.
Patty have you read Gentleman and Players by J. Harris, bit different from her other stuff but really good!
Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
The film is great as well Patty.
I found the film a tad disappointing. Not the kind of book I would ever read though.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:22 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't seen the film Help. Read the book. I thought that it didn't quite come together. Reading 'The Man Who Broke into Auschwitz' at the mo.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Just read 'The Help' - It was really good and I couldnt put it down - finished it in 2 days
A lovely lovely book cannot wait to see the movie.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Captured by Marissa Farrar. The third in the Serenity vampire series. Unputdownable if that is a word! Much darker than Twilight though. If it was a movie I would have had to have been peeking through my fingers. Now back to Game of Thrones.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Just read Nineteen minutes (Jodi Picoult) - enjoyed it although it was sad.
Old May 14th 2012, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

I bought Toys by James Patterson on the way through the airport. I didn't notice the "co written by Neil McMahon" Mahon's name was printed in a slightly darker font than the book cover.

You would never know that it is a James Patterson book, the style is different, it is more like a teenagers book.

I feel as though I have been done....

I will be very careful next time.
Old May 14th 2012, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Its annoying isnt it Pecora - they lead you to believe its one author when in reality its not. That would really pee me off too

My dilemma is that I am a book lover. I love the feel, the smell and everything about books. I like sometimes peeping through the pages to see if my favourite person is still in the story - even been known to peep at the end
Now my family are trying to convince me to have a kindle. I really dont know if I would like it - any of you been converted ? I am not (as some of you know) technological at all and am a bit worried. Will I love it or hate it ???????

(ps. have read about 10 books in the last month but none worth writing about )
Old May 14th 2012, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

Its annoying isnt it Pecora - they lead you to believe its one author when in reality its not. That would really pee me off too

My dilemma is that I am a book lover. I love the feel, the smell and everything about books. I like sometimes peeping through the pages to see if my favourite person is still in the story - even been known to peep at the end
Now my family are trying to convince me to have a kindle. I really dont know if I would like it - any of you been converted ? I am not (as some of you know) technological at all and am a bit worried. Will I love it or hate it ???????

Oh Patty you would love a Kindle, my mum and dad were totally converted by them. My mum esp is an avid reader, she loves how light it is, and according to her, super easy to use. Great for reading in bed, no heavy books to hold and no page turning. I love it but not worth the expense as I usually only read on holiday!
Old May 14th 2012, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

My father got a kindle at Christmas and loves it . He reads a huge amount and was always rather sceptical . Now he won't be without his. I've just ordered ' Bring out the bodies' by Hillary Mantle .. I hope it will be as good aa Wolf Halll
Old May 14th 2012, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

I was a kindle skeptic but got given one for Christmas and am now a total convert! I read loads and get a bit panicky if I run out of (English) books to read but with a kindle you can just download new books instantly and don’t have to worry about cluttering up your bookshelves.
It's really not like reading from a screen at all.
Old May 21st 2012, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

I have given up on Toys by James Patterson or to be honest the guy who co wrote it and used Pattersons name to sell it, I can honestly say it is the only book I have throw in the bin.

In Italy English books are expensive and I reread my books several times hence non ever get binned.

The most annoying part is it took up valuable weight allowance in my flight bag that I could have used to bring a better book back from the UK.

Regarding the Kindle. I also like books and browsing in book stores but I think it is going to be a thing of the past. I wonder how long it will be before schools issue text books on kindles?
Old May 21st 2012, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera

Regarding the Kindle. I also like books and browsing in book stores but I think it is going to be a thing of the past. I wonder how long it will be before schools issue text books on kindles?
I think here in Italy it will be many years before they do this Pecora

Tried daughters Kindle this weekend - have to say I LOVE my books and undoubtedly prefer them but........I did quite like the fact of having hundreds of books at my fingertips - I'm an absolute bookaholic and this alone made me get excited (obviously says alot about my 'exciting' life )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.