Living in Zimbabwe

Old May 13th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Zimbabwe

Old May 13th 2008, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

imagine having to entertain 4 and a half budgies at once- have to wonder what they'd been taught to say...AVIAVOP- a voel is 'n voel o pal...

Originally Posted by Daxk
The Afrikaans word for a bird comes to mind.
Old May 13th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Them saying cheap cheap ,meant to ask, were the wings folded or flapping at the time?, just trying to come to grips with another dimension
Old May 13th 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

hey I supported you too ....does this mean you're on the rebound then????????

Originally Posted by Arikara
Thanks very much for your support, it is much appreciated.
Old May 13th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

at a guess the budgie in front was definitely flapping his wings ....mate, they were 1066's budgies ...for all we know someone may have grabbed the whole lot and eaten them...

Them saying cheap cheap ,meant to ask, were the wings folded or flapping at the time?, just trying to come to grips with another dimension
Old May 13th 2008, 5:48 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
...for all we know someone may have grabbed the whole lot and eaten them...
No, they were all standing there patiently waiting for their nuts ...... all except the last one, who was hopping around a bit ......
Old May 13th 2008, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Was he the White one??
Old May 13th 2008, 6:14 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arikara
look i'm not starting an argument, my head cleary isnt in a good place right now, i have, sorry, had been with my partner for 3 years so it is a bit of a shock and i'm rather raw. i'm sorry to hear that and i sympathise that you've ever had to go through that, i would have thought that it would make you more sympathetic to my situation however.
i cant understand the temperament of people who think people come on to forums and just make this stuff up! i do actually have a life and better things to do with my life than make this crap up.
please understand that from my prespetive you we're belittling my situation and calling me a liar. not something i take lightly
If this is genuine then you have my sympathies. I am not trying to belittle you or insult you. When I say that one should get to know someone before making a giant leap is because the price one pays is absolutely huge. The cultural divide alone is massive. The fact this person would place you in a country that is turbulent and potentially be placed in harm's way is a concern. He is going home, you on the other hand would be trying to adjust in a rather hostile environment with very questionable support. Mugabe and his thugs don't like white faces, and especially those from the UK. It has already been well documented that he has no qualms sending his thugs off to harm anyone with those qualifications to stick it to the UK. I'm sorry you are hurting, but honestly think in terms of the emotional pain versus the very real physical pain you could likely experience, you are by far better off.

Lastly, the way this thread headed off made this appear as yet another set up. Seen quite a few of them over time.
Old May 13th 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

coincidentally, I've also noticed the way its reared its ugly head....oh well no matter... I've never like budgies...

Originally Posted by Tegwyn

Lastly, the way this thread headed off
Old May 13th 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arikara,there are some strange people around, hence the name trolls, the one i saw cause the most mayhem was on an IVF Board where for obvious reasons the posters are engaged in an incredibly emotive subject and support each other a lot.
Been trying to remember the posters name came on, posted all the way through the pre and then harvest, the fertilisation,implantation and as happens on these boards,the support in the sisterhood was immense, every day there was a new drama,lots of advice, prayer groups etc the whole thing lasted for 4 months on a daily basis, then she miscarried and lost both embroyo who had had heartbeat.
Suicidal posts and someone really cared, managed to convince the boards to hand over the email address to a lifeline organisation who managed through the ISP to track her down before she committed suicide.

It was all a sham. the woman had 3 kids, umpteen failed marriages, she lived out this vicarious lie over a 6 month period to feel important.To feel wanted and liked, to have friends.
she was lying all the way through.
The people on that thread who were fragile already were gutted.
Am I cynical and suspicious? you bet, until I'm proved wrong
Old May 13th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Leigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really niceLeigh of the Valley is just really nice

Arikara,there are some strange people around, hence the name trolls, the one i saw cause the most mayhem was on an IVF Board where for obvious reasons the posters are engaged in an incredibly emotive subject and support each other a lot.
Been trying to remember the posters name came on, posted all the way through the pre and then harvest, the fertilisation,implantation and as happens on these boards,the support in the sisterhood was immense, every day there was a new drama,lots of advice, prayer groups etc the whole thing lasted for 4 months on a daily basis, then she miscarried and lost both embroyo who had had heartbeat.
Suicidal posts and someone really cared, managed to convince the boards to hand over the email address to a lifeline organisation who managed through the ISP to track her down before she committed suicide.

It was all a sham. the woman had 3 kids, umpteen failed marriages, she lived out this vicarious lie over a 6 month period to feel important.To feel wanted and liked, to have friends.
she was lying all the way through.
The people on that thread who were fragile already were gutted.
Yeah I think you are definitely both cynical and suspicious
Seriously though, I think the bigger danger of the two is Cynicism.
Old May 14th 2008, 8:53 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also very aware of such instances and bear it in mind every day I look on here, but the above (and not aimed specifically at you) is why most new posters that come on this forum don't stay very long

What happened to innocent until proved guilty
Old May 14th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
You make such huge assumptions Arikara. I know first hand what it is like to be cheated on. This person I was with for 4 years, married him too and had a child. Found out the bastard was cheating, so divorced him, got full custody of our son and left the country. Started my life all over again. How's that for a challenge? Learned that I did not in fact know this person as I had assumed. So there, raise you one.
I empathise... 15 years of mind games, mental cruelty, deception and finally infidelity ended up costing me £120k for a clean-break divorce.

But those 15 years also produced three lovely children and gave me the wonderful experience of life in Angola, travel across the region and many, many friends of all backgrounds. Even now, I still feel more at home in southern Africa (especially Angola, Mozambique and Zimbabwe) than most anywhere else in the world (even the Gower which was my birthplace).
Old May 14th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

so many bent women, so little time...

Originally Posted by newshoney
I empathise... 15 years of mind games, mental cruelty, deception and finally infidelity ended up costing me £120k for a clean-break divorce.

But those 15 years also produced three lovely children and gave me the wonderful experience of life in Angola, travel across the region and many, many friends of all backgrounds. Even now, I still feel more at home in southern Africa (especially Angola, Mozambique and Zimbabwe) than most anywhere else in the world (even the Gower which was my birthplace).
Old May 14th 2008, 2:46 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
so many bent women, so little time...
Yer evil I tell ya. The good news in all this newshoney is that I went on to remarry, and this man is wonderful. Boy, did I ever bring my baggage with me into this marriage in the early years. I must have had some appeal as the divine lad is still here. Southern Africa most certainly left her imprint on me, and there are things I will always miss. Still glad I am where I am now though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.