Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 23rd 2017, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

NeverForget84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Sorry to sound repetitive, but did yours say refused too? Until you got your decision?
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Kirstyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes mine did. They also told me at my interview it would say this as when you have your interview you are refused for the visa they then file a visa waiver of ineligibility. When that is approved they can then issue a visa. Definitely email them. Even if you were denied they would of emailed you a decision.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Phew! It's early morning here in the UK and I have literally been having kittens panicking. I will most definitely email them today and then let you know what they say. I can't thank you enough for getting back to me. Glad your visa was successful xx
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeverForget84
The application says REFUSED...
Of course it does. The application was for the visa - and the visa was refused. You were subsequently recommended for a waiver. There will be no further update until such time as the waiver is approved.

This is completely normal.

I have literally been having kittens panicking.
With respect, this isn't a life or death situation. I suggest you introduce some perspective into your situation.

Ian
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Ian, when I saw this on the DS160 this morning at 6am I was close to tears lol. I have contacted the London embassy aswell today. Thanks for confirming this for me. Really appreciate it.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all just got a reply from the London US consulate, they have confirmed that my waiver is still processing and that some cases are taking up to 8 months. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all just got a reply from the London US consulate, they have confirmed that my waiver is still processing and that some cases are taking up to 8 months. Thanks for everyone's help.

Thank you for the update.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Hopefully it comes soon! I must of been lucky to only have to wait 4 months. Goodluck
Old Mar 27th 2017, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

I got approved for a 5 year multiple entry!

I just have one question, has anyone traveled to Canada while being approved for a US waiver. We leave in 3 weeks and we're thinking about crossing over to Canada for a few days. Nothing set in stone yet. Please help
Old Mar 27th 2017, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirstyb
... has anyone traveled to Canada while being approved for a US waiver.
I'm sure some have. You will need to determine whether or not your offense makes you inadmissible to Canada. Your US visa and waiver are completely irrelevant with respect to you being allowed to enter Canada.

Ian
Old Mar 27th 2017, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got approved for a 5 year multiple entry!

I just have one question, has anyone traveled to Canada while being approved for a US waiver. We leave in 3 weeks and we're thinking about crossing over to Canada for a few days. Nothing set in stone yet. Please help
Canada has different rules, in many areas they are more strict.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Canada has different rules, in many areas they are more strict.
We were hoping to visit relatives as my partner and daughter are citizens and i was so wrapped up in the US visa/ nor did we plan to go to Canada. I read that I can apply for trp at port of entry. Hopefully this is true!
Old Mar 28th 2017, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

We were hoping to visit relatives as my partner and daughter are citizens and i was so wrapped up in the US visa/ nor did we plan to go to Canada. I read that I can apply for trp at port of entry. Hopefully this is true!
Applying for a TRP at a POE in Canada can be done but no guarantee one would be issued. For that particular offence I might be even taking a copy of a recent Police Certificate to show what you were actually charged with and what sentence was imposed.
The cost of a TRP is $200 Canadian if not eligible for the one time FREE TRP because us Canadians are nice
Old Mar 28th 2017, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Applying for a TRP at a POE in Canada can be done but no guarantee one would be issued. For that particular offence I might be even taking a copy of a recent Police Certificate to show what you were actually charged with and what sentence was imposed.
The cost of a TRP is $200 Canadian if not eligible for the one time FREE TRP because us Canadians are nice
Thanks! I'm hoping this can happen as now my partner wants to take our daughter ( breastfed by me) who is Canadian, to see his relatives and too old. Complications. I'd prefer not to unless I had more time but he thinks it's no issue. I think it's a big issue.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! I'm hoping this can happen as now my partner wants to take our daughter ( breastfed by me) who is Canadian, to see his relatives and too old. Complications. I'd prefer not to unless I had more time but he thinks it's no issue. I think it's a big issue.
Its only an issue when you fly or drive to Canada and they deny entry and turn you back there again you just might be let in. What is the risk factor. You could of course apply for an information only request for rehabilitation or if eligible apply for rehabilitation. Without seeing the actual charge and conviction a rehab application will cost either $200 or $1000 if determined to be serious criminality.
You could also be deemed rehabilitated if only one offence and the sentence was completed in full and 10 years has passed.

More info found in this link
Rehabilitation for Persons Who Are Inadmissible to Canada Because of Past Criminal Activity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.