Reluctantly returning to UK....:(

Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reluctantly returning to UK....:(

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Thanks guys and gals! Back in gloomy, cold UK. Have no where to stay so boarding with my mom in her tiny little 2 bed terrace. It's so much fun all three of us cramped into a single room. Sleeping is interesting to say the least. Struggling to both find work at the moment but we have only been back since the 21st. I have applied for over 20 jobs heard nothing so far. Definately hard work, but hopefully will be worth it.

Love to all ciao!
Hi Rachel, thought you'd have stopped in Aus as have followed your epic adventure with all the trials and tribulations. Hope you find some peace back in the UK and that your bloke has a change of mind as you'd find plenty of blokes who'd follow you to the ends of the world

Good luck

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Jan 31st 2008 at 3:09 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hi Rachel, thought you'd have stopped in Aus as have followed your epic adventure with all the trials and tribulations. Hope you find some peace back in the UK and that you bloke has a change of mind as you'd find plenty of blokes who'd follow you to the ends of the world

Good luck
Hi

I have missed a huge chunk of this story, but have followed this thread - what is the history, which thread?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:49 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Oh dear me! I wouldnt have had a go at you like that mate, over a silly phrase of a location. My bro lived in Oldham & I dare not say what i thought of the majority of it I've sent you karma chick!
s-j x
Cheers matey! I'm probably in the majority of itLOL
BTW, how's it going? Where is the update???LMAO
J x

Last edited by Jaycee1; Jan 31st 2008 at 6:54 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Cheers matey! I'm probably in the majority of itLOL
BTW, how's it going? Where is the update???LMAO
J x
I know, i know, i'm just not sure where to start... Think i might have to do installments or something.... There's so much to say.

Everything is wonderful. Abi has started school and Simon work, he's had loads of time off, about 10 wks. he's well into bodyboarding and he and Abi go off in the morning before brekkie. It's bloody gorg mate. Its different but so worth all the turmoil before you leave UK. When we got here i felt like i'd not breathed for ages..... Had a couple of hours at night last week where i felt a little anxious, but it passed and i'm fine now.

When do you get back here?

S-j x

Last edited by s-jmelbournewannabe; Jan 31st 2008 at 11:00 pm. Reason: oops
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:53 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe

When do you get back here?

S-j x
Hopefully before I'm drawing my pension And I'm only 35!
Waiting for Dad to get his evidence together for me
Sorry to Rachel for hijacking her thread
J x
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

martin davidson is an unknown quantity at this point

hi mike have you made any decision yet with going to oz yet? or are you still thinking about it ginney
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Hopefully before I'm drawing my pension And I'm only 35!
Waiting for Dad to get his evidence together for me
Sorry to Rachel for hijacking her thread
J x

Yes Rach, soz x
Old Feb 13th 2008, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Well Hubby decided today he hates Oz after just two months and want's to go back to the UK. I have no choice in the matter as we have a nearly 4 year old son....all the hard work, struggles and stress getting here are now all for nothing.

I don't want to go back I want to give it year and then return. I have no choice. If he stays he will resent me and be unhappy and if I go back home I will feel the same.

Not a good situation...and not for our son either...he loves it here too. I got him in a great school and he has made friends. I feel so empty. All I have done today is cry.

At least we all still have our health so not so bad. Not looking forward to moving back...
My husband has done this twice. Twice in three years we have moved to aus and back and now he wants to try again just before our visas run out., So am in the process of organising it all again, and convincing the children to go as they are older now and have there own minds on the subject.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:50 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ausi dream
My husband has done this twice. Twice in three years we have moved to aus and back and now he wants to try again just before our visas run out., So am in the process of organising it all again, and convincing the children to go as they are older now and have there own minds on the subject.
got a feeling this will happen to us too
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Oh no - how do you feel about it. May I ask how you felt the second time? We are going back for a second try and I feel positive about it but sometimes wake in the middle of the night and am scared to death!!!! I feel stronger and feel I know what to expect. I now others who have had a second try and its worked out fine - so hopefully it will for us. What does your husband feel is different and why does he want to go back - sorry for all the questions!!

Have you found the UK different since being back?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:58 am
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

This is a tough one and I hope that everything works for him this time and you don't have to move again. I said him because I am assuming that he was the one to move back, sorry if I have this wrong. How old are your children now? It is always difficult, I think when your a mum you hurt for your kids when they have to leave friends, school, and they are happy.

My oh wanted to come to the UK to work (I have been in oz most of my life) and it was just to work, then he wanted to stay and I didn't. However I really like it here and wanted to stay then he didn't. Nightmare! We are going back and not staying for the 2 years because if we do I think it will be harder to leave. Decision made and that's that.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bluejohn
This is a tough one and I hope that everything works for him this time and you don't have to move again. I said him because I am assuming that he was the one to move back, sorry if I have this wrong. How old are your children now? It is always difficult, I think when your a mum you hurt for your kids when they have to leave friends, school, and they are happy.

My oh wanted to come to the UK to work (I have been in oz most of my life) and it was just to work, then he wanted to stay and I didn't. However I really like it here and wanted to stay then he didn't. Nightmare! We are going back and not staying for the 2 years because if we do I think it will be harder to leave. Decision made and that's that.
Are you in the UK at the moment? It is so hard isnt it. I came back in Feb 06 but started to have regrets about 6 months later but these went in waves. Decided to try again in around Feb 07 and have been doing our house up to sell since then. My husband has settled in UK again now though, and has doubts. I find this thread so interesting as it makes me feel more normal for having worries and to know that others felt as I did. It scares my husband that I may get down again.

Where abouts in Oz will you go? I think I am just scared of regretting it if we dont try again.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:08 am
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by johull
Are you in the UK at the moment? It is so hard isnt it. I came back in Feb 06 but started to have regrets about 6 months later but these went in waves. Decided to try again in around Feb 07 and have been doing our house up to sell since then. My husband has settled in UK again now though, and has doubts. I find this thread so interesting as it makes me feel more normal for having worries and to know that others felt as I did. It scares my husband that I may get down again.

Where abouts in Oz will you go? I think I am just scared of regretting it if we dont try again.
I am in the UK at the moment. I am living in Beeston Nottinghamshire. I have never lived here before but I really like it. We are going to N.S.W we have a house there ,it is rented out. Where did you live in OZ before? It can be difficult to find the right place, work being the most important factor. I came with oh to work for 2 years. I didn't want to come, I have been for a few holiday and that's about it.. I have been here 5 months now and we are going home to Australia asap. It has got nothing to do with the UK, all of my children are Aussies and my first grandchild to be born this year. I do honestly think though that I wouldn't like to have kids here ,but I think that because the population is so much higher than the OZ and we are closer together that we notice or can be affected by things more.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bluejohn
I am in the UK at the moment. I am living in Beeston Nottinghamshire. I have never lived here before but I really like it. We are going to N.S.W we have a house there ,it is rented out. Where did you live in OZ before? It can be difficult to find the right place, work being the most important factor. I came with oh to work for 2 years. I didn't want to come, I have been for a few holiday and that's about it.. I have been here 5 months now and we are going home to Australia asap. It has got nothing to do with the UK, all of my children are Aussies and my first grandchild to be born this year. I do honestly think though that I wouldn't like to have kids here ,but I think that because the population is so much higher than the OZ and we are closer together that we notice or can be affected by things more.
Hi

I lived in Robina on the Gold Coast. Work was a bit of a problem for me, but looking back I didnt try for long enough, I have only ever had 2 jobs in my life and have worked at them a both for quite along time, I also got them soon after looking, so having years of office experince I didnt think I would struggle but I couldnt even get interviews!!! After a while I felt so down and useless that I just craved my old safe little life back. I think the kids would have a better life there, and I hopefully have a job to go to this time, working for a friends family businesess part time, which would be perfect for my boys. I live in Yorkshire, lovely little village, butthere isnt alot for the kids to do - they get bored with playing in the fields after a while!! The nearest town is very rough and the crime rate is high, it worries me if my 13 year old wants to go to the cinema, swimming etc. I know each country has its own problems but I just felt generally safer over there. I love the UK sense of humour and the coutnryside but miss the cleanliness, the sun and the space.

Where in NSW are you from - my husband did alot of work at Tweed Heads and down that way, heis a builder.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:32 am
to be or not to be...

Originally Posted by johull
Hi

I lived in Robina on the Gold Coast. Work was a bit of a problem for me, but looking back I didnt try for long enough, I have only ever had 2 jobs in my life and have worked at them a both for quite along time, I also got them soon after looking, so having years of office experince I didnt think I would struggle but I couldnt even get interviews!!! After a while I felt so down and useless that I just craved my old safe little life back. I think the kids would have a better life there, and I hopefully have a job to go to this time, working for a friends family businesess part time, which would be perfect for my boys. I live in Yorkshire, lovely little village, butthere isnt alot for the kids to do - they get bored with playing in the fields after a while!! The nearest town is very rough and the crime rate is high, it worries me if my 13 year old wants to go to the cinema, swimming etc. I know each country has its own problems but I just felt generally safer over there. I love the UK sense of humour and the coutnryside but miss the cleanliness, the sun and the space.

Where in NSW are you from - my husband did alot of work at Tweed Heads and down that way, heis a builder.
We lived in Tahmoor on 20 acres, we havent got that now but it was great when the children were growing up. We had two dams ,one r large one and an old canoe and the tyre hanging off the tree hanging over the dam.My kids loved it. We are from that area. We would like to live in the Hunter Valley this time. My oh just had a phone interview so we will see how it goes. We rent here and I am not impressed with how slack they have been compared to OZ ,but that's life I suppose.
Went to Mexbourgh and Rotherem recently my oh has family there. I don't like it but Denby is lovely. I am going to York and Harrogate for a weekend in March. I know what you mean about cleanliness it is grotty isn't it? I can't stand the litter it drives me mad. I do miss the space and I get fed up of the moaning here , they can be like a dog with an old bone it won't let go off!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.