Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Just returned to UK to film for TV prog....initial thoughts

Just returned to UK to film for TV prog....initial thoughts

Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:46 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just returned to UK to film for TV prog....initial thoughts

Originally Posted by kporte
it's you and Flea, both naughty girls
Come here and give us a kiss.

Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:22 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
...and I remember being regularly hounded by a 'certain group' on the barbie whenever I made a post which was unpopular.

G
G you have learn to SHUT THE F**K UP go Fishing ,too much time on here addles the Brain.........mm
Attached Thumbnails Just returned to UK to film for TV prog....initial thoughts-pt-linclon-2008...oct-long-weekend-054.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:24 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
G you have learn to SHUT THE F**K UP go Fishing ,too much time on here addles the Brain.........mm
Nice picture mm.....I think my brain is already addled

Is that you?

Not really found anywhere much to go in Brisbane.

have done OK up at Noosa though

G
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:24 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
What?! You need to lose abit of weight before the heart gives you a warning.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney

When you move countries you move away from everything you know, people, areas, places. You don't realise how much of a gut instinct you have about your hometown, which is often based on generations of knowledge that you either have yourself or you can tap into from reliable sources such as family and friends. You know which streets/families are rough etc which gives you the reasurance to loosen the reigns and take some risks with your kids freedoms when growing up.
When you emigrate you know noone you know nothing of their history, the areas history, the schools history.
I totally agree with what you said above.

Also, in my case, the fact that we had no background knowledge meant that we could start a fresh with no negative opinions of our new country.
I suppose it is a prime example of 'ignorance is bliss'.
We live in France so couldn't understand the news or read newspapers, we live in a tiny little village of only 100 inhabitants and as far as we were concerned there was nothing bad here, nothing negative, England was the scary country that had gone to the dogs like we were being told before we left but it was ok we had found somewhere where nothing bad happened.

Oh how naive we were.....

Don't get me wrong, we haven't suddenly had a bad experience, we just realised that everywhere has its problems including our little piece of utopia
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:45 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Well you appear to know a great deal about this and I have noticed that wherever there is the slightest bit of 'heat' going on, you are there. Coincidence? From what I've read so far, nobody attacked Ezzie, there were just differing opinions.

Exactly.

Her name is Ezzie and as has been said many times before, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

What is this 'jajajajaja'?

Oh jeez, this is so frustrating. I wish I could get an answer from someone. Where is the 'disruptive element' in this thread? Are you saying that anyone who disagrees with the OP is being disruptive or extremist?

So, once again, you seem to know a great deal about the so called pack, so who are they? IMO, you are as someone said earlier, a flame thrower. I have noticed this in many threads where you don't contribute until there is a little 'heat'. Anyone who just throws in words such as "the usual pack", knows exactly who they mean and that, imo, is what disrupts these threads.
Think you will find my contributions with constructive criticism and observations along with speaking my mind are often the norm on this forum and should not be confused with the occasional argument that takes place. If in doubt you will see that I gave the OP for example on "City and Culture in the UK" thread some observations based on my experience etc and look to do that on most threads. The heat as you call it, follows me and not the other way around, there is a difference. I suppose if one speaks their mind on here then they should expect the heat to follow them. In regards to this thread maybe it was different. Like a lot of people on this thread, before participating I really enjoyed reading Ezzie`s postings and still do, her argument at times is flawed but I still enjoyed reading it and fully support her right to tell it how she sees it. As for people not picking on Ezzie, well I think you`ll find one of the mods thought so "Posting 262" I then decided that Ezzie should have some support, so as she wouldn`t stop writing and luckily she hasn`t, just look at the amount of hits this thread has had!!!!! So a lot of people are reading her stuff. If a few eggs had to be broken in defending her right to express her opinion on here then so be it, I make no excuse for defending the underdog in this scenario as bullying shouldn`t be tolerated.

Of course part of the forum`s daily life is for people to challenge stuff they don`t agree with and this doesn`t make them extremist or disruptive in any way and of course its creates healthy debate. Problem occurs though, is when these people start to take these comments as personal attacks, not personal as against themselves but more toward their country of origin or their country of destination etc. Believe me nationalism and embitterment are powerful tools to unite them. What then takes place is a loose union with fellow minded individuals and what`s now being called a pack, quickly starts to to form. As for "The Pack" they quickly become an unsavory rabble on a lot of threads here and usually cut down any opinion that they don`t like and are quite often abusive and offensive when doing it. They are either Pro country or anti country depending on which thread you are writing on............if in doubt go onto a forum and in a matter of time they will reveal themselves.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:01 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Here we have your typical Pack, that sadly frequents the BE Forum:

Photo 1: Is the leader of "The Pack" their word is the law and they are the be all and end all of everything, they rule through fear and intimidation.
Photo 2: A pack member actively looking or fresh prey on a daily basis.
Photo 3: The weak willed pack member that makes up the numbers.

Of course there are variations on this but this is your typical set-up of our lovely endearing pack.
Attached Thumbnails Just returned to UK to film for TV prog....initial thoughts-hyena1.jpg   Just returned to UK to film for TV prog....initial thoughts-hyena2.jpg   Just returned to UK to film for TV prog....initial thoughts-hyena3.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:17 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Here we have your typical Pack, that sadly frequents the BE Forum:

Photo 1: Is the leader of "The Pack" their word is the law and they are the be all and end all of everything, they rule through fear and intimidation.
Photo 2: A pack member actively looking or fresh prey on a daily basis.
Photo 3: The weak willed pack member that makes up the numbers.

Of course there are variations on this but this is your typical set-up of our lovely endearing pack.
Oh come on, get over this 'pack' thing. It's silly. We are not wolves, well you might be an hairy git, but i arn't
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:22 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Oh come on, get over this 'pack' thing. It's silly. We are not wolves, well you might be an hairy git, but i arn't
By the way, most of my body hair is on my head and in another place Other than that pretty hair free................Especially after running a borrowed "ladyshaver" over everything
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:25 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:33 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

You lot are so behind... he was appointed MBTTUK pool boy ages ago. Do you honestly think i'd have him running about in here in his budgie smugglers looking like a knuckle dragging gorilla?

And Jules... make sure you remove all your grubby hair from the ladyshaver before handing back... thankyou
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:37 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

This pack thing is daft and getting a bit boring now. I couldn't see anything wrong with the comments that people replied to on Ezzies thread.

Ezzies made some really negative comments about the UK on a Moving Back to the UK Forum and would expect a bit of backlash from people who are thinking of and are very shortly moving back to the UK. I found some things quite silly and I think were a bit over the top and I for one don't believe half of it.

The family has been out of the UK for too long and I don't think they really want to be there from the sound of it.

We have seen and heard of loads of bad things happening here in Perth and I cannot see how they they haven't experienced it where they are living in Oz. Where they are living is just to good to be true!

We have been back to the UK every year in the 5 years we have lived here, kept in touch with family and friends, travel around to various cities so know them well and also have 3 family members who are teachers in the UK and they were quite amazed at some of things happening as wondered what school and village this was going on in as they don't have all that much trouble!

I enjoy reading the threads from Cricket1 and Fleaflyfloflum who always give good positive help and advice and I feel they have been unfairly picked on. I shall continue to enjoy reading their threads. I shall avoid watching that daft moving back programme when it's on in the UK!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:40 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
You lot are so behind... he was appointed MBTTUK pool boy ages ago. Do you honestly think i'd have him running about in here in his budgie smugglers looking like a knuckle dragging gorilla?

And Jules... make sure you remove all your grubby hair from the ladyshaver before handing back... thankyou
You can count on me Mrs Bucket.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:41 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by deborahjane
This pack thing is daft and getting a bit boring now. I couldn't see anything wrong with the comments that people replied to on Ezzies thread.

Ezzies made some really negative comments about the UK on a Moving Back to the UK Forum and would expect a bit of backlash from people who are thinking of and are very shortly moving back to the UK. I found some things quite silly and I think were a bit over the top and I for one don't believe half of it.

The family has been out of the UK for too long and I don't think they really want to be there from the sound of it.

We have seen and heard of loads of bad things happening here in Perth and I cannot see how they they haven't experienced it where they are living in Oz. Where they are living is just to good to be true!

We have been back to the UK every year in the 5 years we have lived here, kept in touch with family and friends, travel around to various cities so know them well and also have 3 family members who are teachers in the UK and they were quite amazed at some of things happening as wondered what school and village this was going on in as they don't have all that much trouble!

I enjoy reading the threads from Cricket1 and Fleaflyfloflum who always give good positive help and advice and I feel they have been unfairly picked on. I shall continue to enjoy reading their threads. I shall avoid watching that daft moving back programme when it's on in the UK!
Agree with your opinion on Fleaflyfloflum she`s probably the best and funniest read on any forum.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:42 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
You can count on me Mrs Bucket.
Mrs Bucket.... maam, to you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.