Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 17th 2016, 2:19 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by BelBris
Thanks for that! I totally intend to get the ETA just in case. It would be a nightmare to not be allowed on I was just surprised on reading the CIC website advice. Cheers again :-)
As I said, CIC is technically right that you don't need it if you have a COPR. They are just dumb in that they aren't considering what the AIRLINE is going to ask you for. It's the same logic as advice on buying a one-way ticket. CBSA will let you in on a one-way ticket + COPR because you don't need to have a return document - you are a PR. However the airline doesn't know what a COPR is and will flag up that you have a one-way ticket with no return and could refuse you boarding for that reason. My husband ran into this - he landed as a PR on a previous trip and was flying a few months later on a one-way ticket. He didn't have his PR card on him, as it was mailed to my parents in Canada, but he had all his paperwork. The airline stopped him and asked if he had a return ticket or status in Canada, since he was flying on a one-way. Luckily they decided to allow him boarding by just showing all his PR paperwork, since he didn't have his PR card, but that could have ended in tears for him.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Hi Guys

Today I received a VERY long email from: "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC)" <[email protected]>

Having read the email and the various steps to follow, I am presuming this is one of the final stages?

Step 1) Changes in circumstances.

None of my circumstances have changed so I presume I ignore this section?

Step 2)

Being British, I don't need a visa to enter Canada (I do have an ETA however.) As I understand it, I need to scan my passport photo page and upload this to My CIC.

Step 3 Reads as follows:

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter, including the Updated Information Chart in Appendix A.
Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy –please upload this information to your MyCIC account.

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your MyCIC account.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...f/5445EB-e.pdf

Note: All visa exempt applicants, including those using MyCIC, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos.

I am unsure as to what 1 is? Help appreciated! The passport photo page is fine. Do I need to get new photographs taken and uploaded?

Step 4 Submission)

The email asks me to send the documents to London? My processing office is Ottawa?

I notice the email states to post the photographs to London but upload all other documents via My CIC.

Sorry for the long message, it's just I'm finding this email very complicated to understand and obviously want everything to go as smoothly as possible.

Cheers.

I have logged in to My CIC and I do not have anything new there. No letter or anything? Therefore I have no way of uploading the additional documents they requested and no link to access the Appendix A.

Any advice?

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 17th 2016 at 9:16 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

In addition to my above query (still nothing on My CIC so I am at a total loss as to how to upload documents without a means to do so on there - PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!) could somebody point me in the direction of the very latest photograph specifications please?

Help is greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
In addition to my above query (still nothing on My CIC so I am at a total loss as to how to upload documents without a means to do so on there - PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!) could somebody point me in the direction of the very latest photograph specifications please?

Help is greatly appreciated.
PR Photo specifications
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...f/5445EB-e.pdf
Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Thanks for that. Any advice on the other major problem I have? I was thinking if I don't hear anything from the My CIC portal, I will just send across everything as a hard copy to the London address in the email with a covering letter explaining that I physically can't upload anything there as it hasn't updated. What do you think?

I'm very excited as it looks like I'm nearly there but just anxious that I can't upload anything when the email I received says I should be able to.

Argh!
Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking if I don't hear anything from the My CIC portal, I will just send across everything as a hard copy to the London address in the email with a covering letter explaining that I physically can't upload anything there as it hasn't updated. What do you think?
That's what I would do. And do send it either by courier or 'signed for' - that way you have proof of receipt.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
That's what I would do. And do send it either by courier or 'signed for' - that way you have proof of receipt.
Yeah, i'll do that. It's so frustrating. I should be thrilled i'm close to the end but now am feeling anxious that despite saying I should upload them - I can't!

Argh!

Also guys, the email says I need to update:

Updated Information Chart in Appendix A

Can anyone point me in the direction of the form?

Cheers
Old Nov 18th 2016, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

letsgo2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just a small question that i'm sure I've seen before but can't locate here: I have sent in some additional information over a week ago as they requested but I can't see on MYCIC that anything has changed, should I be worried? I did send it registered so someone in Canada House signed for it and has it!
Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2016, 2:27 am
Just Joined

hoyler30589 is an unknown quantity at this point

Please update the spreadsheet I received my COPR today at our Canadian address postage stamp says mailed on 4th November from London
Old Nov 21st 2016, 3:10 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, i'll do that. It's so frustrating. I should be thrilled i'm close to the end but now am feeling anxious that despite saying I should upload them - I can't!

Argh!

Cheers
Honestly, this has me a bit baffled. A few people have been asked for Schedule A, but it doesn't sound like the same thing. I spent some time googling it and found a load of forum posts referencing the Info Chart but I can't for the life of me find a link to the form! So I'm a bit confused myself! I would suggest posting on the main board to see if anyone else has any insight. Please do post an update when you find the form!

Originally Posted by letsgo2016
Hi, just a small question that i'm sure I've seen before but can't locate here: I have sent in some additional information over a week ago as they requested but I can't see on MYCIC that anything has changed, should I be worried? I did send it registered so someone in Canada House signed for it and has it!
Thanks
The online systems don't always update immediately - it depends how long it takes CIC to actually open up what you sent and match it up with your file. If nothing has changed after 3-4 weeks online then just drop a case-specific email to verify everything is in order.

Originally Posted by hoyler30589
Please update the spreadsheet I received my COPR today at our Canadian address postage stamp says mailed on 4th November from London
Fantastic news, updated! Happy landing - be sure to read the wiki articles about landing if you haven't already!
Old Nov 21st 2016, 5:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Argh!

Cheers
I've also searched, it appears that it 'should' be attached to the letter/email - might be as well to double check. I did find an older copy of it on BE though, so perhaps you could take it from there. Ignore the other info in the pdf though, as it's outdated (photo size etc.)

Passport Request.pdf : British Expat Wiki

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 21st 2016 at 5:33 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help guys. I have actually done just that and populated that exact form.

I have to say, this is another grey area with the whole process. The email didn't have any attachments whatsoever and I've had to find that form and fill it in myself. To cover my back, I printed the email and filled the chart in on that (it was literally stuffed in the body of the email.)

I still cannot upload ANYTHING on My CIC (despite the email saying I should be able to) and I have decided I will just send everything as a hard copy to the London address stated. It's actually really very frustrating and smacks of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is actually doing. It shouldn't be like this. Obviously, this whole process is very stressful as it is and cocks up like this shouldn't happen. Peoples entire futures rest on this process and quite frankly, it isn't good enough.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Further to the above, when I access ECAS, it says 'Decision Made'. Am I right to presume this is very positive? I presumed it was anyway when I got the email back on Thursday?

Does anyone get an actual letter in the post asking for passport details and updated photographs? Can anyone provide me with more detail about this stage?
Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:42 pm
Concierge

Further to the above, when I access ECAS, it says 'Decision Made'. Am I right to presume this is very positive? I presumed it was anyway when I got the email back on Thursday?

Does anyone get an actual letter in the post asking for passport details and updated photographs? Can anyone provide me with more detail about this stage?
Yep, definitely positive!

Lots of ECAS info here: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki
Old Nov 21st 2016, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Yep, definitely positive!

Lots of ECAS info here: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki
Thanks for that. All very exciting then! So I shouldn't expect a letter in the post requesting the additional photographs. I'll just post everything to them in the mail and wait for COPR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.