Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 8th 2016, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

And now for third message in a row because... life. So we had to submit a revised IMM1344 (see: Doofus, Adorable). This had a PO box address we have to send it to. Fedex won't deliver to a PO box. Do people have experience with document requests at this point - should I just send it to the courier address on Robert Speck parkway? Or will I need to entrust it to Canada Post's tender mercies to get it to the specific address in their 'please re-send to us' email?
Old Dec 9th 2016, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated

No, they don't send those. You can make your own list up or easily download a PDF. I have made up my own spreadsheet in the same style as the PDF so the dollar values are auto-calculated.
This may be a very cheeky request but there is any chance of a having a look at your spreadsheet or an example version of it?!

No worries if not.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
And now for third message in a row because... life. So we had to submit a revised IMM1344 (see: Doofus, Adorable). This had a PO box address we have to send it to. Fedex won't deliver to a PO box. Do people have experience with document requests at this point - should I just send it to the courier address on Robert Speck parkway? Or will I need to entrust it to Canada Post's tender mercies to get it to the specific address in their 'please re-send to us' email?
CPC Mississauga
Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Fax: 905-803-7392

All the other CPC addresses are PO Box numbers so I don't understand why Fedex wouldn't deliver there again IRCC don't make it easy unless you know where to look
Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario
Old Dec 9th 2016, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
This may be a very cheeky request but there is any chance of a having a look at your spreadsheet or an example version of it?!

No worries if not.
Of course, very happy to send it on. Please PM me you email address and I will email it to you. It is an Excel spreadsheet and it is very simple (i.e. no flashy menus or macros etc.). If you have a basic Excel capability, you will be fine.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 1:50 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Of course, very happy to send it on. Please PM me you email address and I will email it to you. It is an Excel spreadsheet and it is very simple (i.e. no flashy menus or macros etc.). If you have a basic Excel capability, you will be fine.
The one that I used that is linked in the Wiki I did on Google Drive, so I can also share mine, drop a PM if you want the editable version.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 10:27 am
Just Joined

klogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond repute

Spreadsheet update: Got the CORP today in the mail, email 2 days ago. However due to changing circumstances I will not actually be moving to Canada now.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Jpj_01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application received in Mississauga date:29August 2016
Sponsor approval date:23 September 2016
Are you Sponsor or Applicant:applicant
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:citizen
Sponsoring husband or wife:wife
Upfront medical date:20june2016
Re-Med request date:
Re-med done date:
Show "In Process" on ECAS date:10 nov 2016
Interview date:
Decision Made date:
PPR:
COPR received in post:
Location of Principal Applicant (city):toronto
Additional docs requested
Old Dec 10th 2016, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

rossd01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Presuming you had your medical done in March 2016, the date would be March 2017 (1 year after). Bear in mind that you only have to 'land' in Canada by that date - you don't have to remain in Canada if you need to return to the UK temporarily. I would strongly suggest you 'land' at least a week before it expires just in case there are any travel issues!

Thanks Siouxie! Thats super...that would be a huge doo doo if i left it until August haha! Indeed, that follows my medical expiration which would be february 2017.

So, i've calmed down a tad and now collecting thoughts/plotting the first stages of the move. Excited! I received in the post my Confirmation of Permanent Residence, which I had to sign for to get it off the post man. Its basically an elongated sheet of paper, with one of my original photos glued to it. It just looks like a print out from a computer (no fancy paper), however it has a watermark across it that says 'not valid for travel'.

We're looking at booking flights (even just to land and the come back to the UK), am I right in saying this document (plus obvious thing like passport etc) is all i need to take with me? With this COPR in hand, am I ok to book flights?

Thanks folks!
Old Dec 10th 2016, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossd01
Thanks Siouxie! Thats super...that would be a huge doo doo if i left it until August haha! Indeed, that follows my medical expiration which would be february 2017.

So, i've calmed down a tad and now collecting thoughts/plotting the first stages of the move. Excited! I received in the post my Confirmation of Permanent Residence, which I had to sign for to get it off the post man. Its basically an elongated sheet of paper, with one of my original photos glued to it. It just looks like a print out from a computer (no fancy paper), however it has a watermark across it that says 'not valid for travel'.

We're looking at booking flights (even just to land and the come back to the UK), am I right in saying this document (plus obvious thing like passport etc) is all i need to take with me? With this COPR in hand, am I ok to book flights?

Thanks folks!
Yes plus eTA if not included with the COPR issuance. If not establishing a residence on landing then no need to fill out a B4 or goods to follow list.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klogd
Spreadsheet update: Got the CORP today in the mail, email 2 days ago. However due to changing circumstances I will not actually be moving to Canada now.
Sorry to hear that - spreadsheet updated.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jpj_01
Application received in Mississauga date:29August 2016
Sponsor approval date:23 September 2016
Are you Sponsor or Applicant:applicant
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:citizen
Sponsoring husband or wife:wife
Upfront medical date:20june2016
Re-Med request date:
Re-med done date:
Show "In Process" on ECAS date:10 nov 2016
Interview date:
Decision Made date:
PPR:
COPR received in post:
Location of Principal Applicant (city):toronto
Additional docs requested
Added to spreadsheet, thanks. I assume your papers went to London?
Old Dec 12th 2016, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rossd01

Wiki is your friend here:

Landing as PR-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Note the bit about your PA should have an eTA as well.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

irfyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by RheBot
Can someone please add my husband and I to the spreadsheet when they have a chance? (Better late than never!) Outland through London. We applied as common-law, however, we got married, so sent them our marriage certificate. Don't know what that means for processing!

Application received on July 9th, 2013
Sponsor Approval August 26th, 2013 (Sadly took a while as they sent our entire package back to us over one question and we had to re-send it all!)

It has said "Application Received" and then "Medical results results have been received" for what seems like an eternity now, months and months! I know Ecas is unreliable but it would be nice to see some change!! Perhaps a "In Process" !!! I really need to stop checking it!

Thanks!
Yeah I am in the same boat, Medicals have been approved, and the "Review of eligibility" has said "Review in Progress" since September 27th

Getting concerned, should we be doing something?! How will they contact us if additional documents are required?
Old Dec 14th 2016, 5:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Five months in we've got movement. Today we received a request for UK police certificate for my partner. It seems a little silly since he hasn't lived there since 1986, and has only visited a handful of times in those 30 years. Oh well, if CIC want it then CIC shall have it.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by irfyg
Yeah I am in the same boat, Medicals have been approved, and the "Review of eligibility" has said "Review in Progress" since September 27th

Getting concerned, should we be doing something?! How will they contact us if additional documents are required?
There are several others 'behind you' on the spreadsheet for Ottawa, so no, I don't think you should be concerned.

How did you ask them to contact you? Did you supply an email address? If so, they will use that. Do check your 'spam' folder. Do you have access to your application via MyCIC? - that will also show if they request additional information.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.