Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 11th 2012, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
Oh no, why do you need that? I thought they did the Canadian police check for you?
yeh why are they asking for this? I have read posts before asking for this and it turned out to be a mistake, I would double check.

How long have you been in Canada if you dont mind me asking?

Edit: a quick search and it looks like these are usually requested when someone with the same name as the person doing the application is flagged in a criminal database. Doesnt look like it happens too often on this thread considering the amount of applications from people already living in Canada though.

Last edited by exenglishman; May 11th 2012 at 12:58 am.
Old May 11th 2012, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by conjonway
Been requested to get an RCMP police check done.

That's my update
That's annoying. I hope my hubby won't need that as well. Does that take a while to get?
Old May 11th 2012, 9:31 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debbieken
Hi everyone, I'm a bit confused as I saw someone posted they received an email saying their application had been received but we've received nothing and our application was sent middle of march. I know they are still only processing end of Jan applications however will I only get an update when they physically start processing? Many thanks
The first communication we had from CIC was that our Sponsorship Application had been approved; we didn't get any communication saying it was processing or anything. Once I got the approval email I was able to check online at ECAS as I now have the UCI and Application numbers.

A separate question - I got married 3 weeks ago, I emailed CIC on the 26th to inform them of my change of circumstance (I included my UCI and Application numbers and all that). I haven't received any confirmation of the email other than the automated response... the autoresponse says that they will respond if you've emailed about a change in circumstance, but I'm yet to hear anything. Has anyone emailed and knows how long it should take for them to respond? Thanks in advance.
Old May 11th 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

ek84 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure how accurate the processing times they publish are - my husband got an email yesterday saying that he has been approved to sponsor me , and our application was recieved on Feb 21st, so this is a bit quicker than what is posted. I think this happened to me once before when I was waiting for a work permit - I guess it depends who gets your application and how fast they are! Hopefully some others should be hearing in a few days
Old May 11th 2012, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ek84
I'm not sure how accurate the processing times they publish are - my husband got an email yesterday saying that he has been approved to sponsor me , and our application was recieved on Feb 21st, so this is a bit quicker than what is posted. I think this happened to me once before when I was waiting for a work permit - I guess it depends who gets your application and how fast they are! Hopefully some others should be hearing in a few days
Horay, This gives me hope
Old May 11th 2012, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

boredmonkeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a "Decision Made" in ecas... I'm hoping it's a good one!!! I see in the forum this status seems to be positive rather than negative, but how can I be sure? Do I just sit pretty and wait until a good/bad letter comes through? Can I call to find out exactly what the decision is? (Trying not to panic and freak out too much lol.)

For all of you guys with a similar timeline as me, there is movement in sight!

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
yeh why are they asking for this? I have read posts before asking for this and it turned out to be a mistake, I would double check.

How long have you been in Canada if you dont mind me asking?

Edit: a quick search and it looks like these are usually requested when someone with the same name as the person doing the application is flagged in a criminal database. Doesnt look like it happens too often on this thread considering the amount of applications from people already living in Canada though.
I agree - I thought you didn't need one even if you are living in Canada. I didn't submit one and I've been here since June 2010 and things seem to have gotten through ok. But then again that depends on what my 'decision' is...
Old May 11th 2012, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Horay, This gives me hope
Looks like our CPC-M dates for receipt are almost identical...let me know when you get an updates!!!! Damned paperwork.
Old May 11th 2012, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stuabroad
Looks like our CPC-M dates for receipt are almost identical...let me know when you get an updates!!!! Damned paperwork.
Will do although i've got a feeling it's gonna be a little while yet and patience is not one of my virtues lol
Old May 11th 2012, 7:06 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

OO same day as mine was received. so there is hope.
Old May 11th 2012, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sarah_m
if the first part of the process is taking around 90 days and then on average 7 months for the second stage, doesn't that mean that all of us that have sent our applications off in 2012, we'll be waiting for around 10 months for our PR??
The 7 month figure isn't an average, it actually means that 80% of applications are processed within 7 months (I suspect an average wouldn't be a useful measure because any anomalies that took a long time to process would stretch out the average). I'm just checking the big stats spreadsheet I downloaded about this covering October 2010 to September 2011 and it says for London spouses & partners:

20% processed within 2 months
30% processed within 2 months
50% processed within 3 months
70% processed within 5 months
80% processed within 7 months

Hopefully that sheds a little light on what lies beneath the surface of that 7 month processing stat, at least up to last year. I know a few people have commented that the processing time for London seems to be a little longer lately, so maybe the stats will look different for the year up to September 2012. I can imagine adding on an extra month to each percentage bracket would more than likely account for it.

I filed in late Feb and fly in mid Sept, and even with the additional step of dealing with Quebec and my medical furtherance, I'm still hopeful that perhaps I might be processed within 6 months in total. But I'm also prepared for that not being the case.
Old May 11th 2012, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martyjay
OO same day as mine was received. so there is hope.
I thought I had seen someone else with the same date! I was totally expecting to wait another 2 weeks, so it was quite a surprise
Old May 11th 2012, 8:43 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

I thought I had seen someone else with the same date! I was totally expecting to wait another 2 weeks, so it was quite a surprise
I can't say I'm not jealous lol.

Last edited by martyjay; May 11th 2012 at 8:44 pm. Reason: damn spacing....
Old May 11th 2012, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martyjay
I can't say I'm not jealous lol.
Don't worry, I would be too!! Now I just have to try and forget about it again for a few months.......
Old May 11th 2012, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
That's annoying. I hope my hubby won't need that as well. Does that take a while to get?
I think the turn around for an RCMP check is around 5 days once you get the fingerprints taken from a police station.

From what I've read then as long as my police check is ok (no reason why not) then it won't take long after that before a decision is made on mine. Just bad luck I guess
Old May 11th 2012, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by conjonway
I think the turn around for an RCMP check is around 5 days once you get the fingerprints taken from a police station.

From what I've read then as long as my police check is ok (no reason why not) then it won't take long after that before a decision is made on mine. Just bad luck I guess
Hi there
i would like to notify pink lady of my corp date, i had a email from her asking of my position, but i was unable to log on to the account, i just need to email her
date of residency so she can add it to her spread sheet. If any one can give me her direct email that would really help.
thanks very much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.