Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
I emailed them on Thursday evening, but haven't had a response. Part of me is wondering if this is because I did not include the information they tell you too - I only realised this after I'd sent it. I just got the email address from another forum, but on CIC site it says include DOB, plus other stuff. I only put my name and UCI file number. What did your husband do? I'm secretly hoping that they might not have responded because my letter is on its way and they don't see the point.
My husband emailed them to see where they were in the application. He did not think they would actually answer him since we have not been waiting long. They replied with a standard we have what we need and will contact you when we have made a decision letter. I think he included our names, the date of the sponsorship and then UCI number, but that is it I think.

I would think you should get your COPR this week. Also. I am hoping janham hears this week about their COPR. Then me next!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck_eh is an unknown quantity at this point

I may not be sending messages all the time (silly work is in the way!) but been following all your forum and here's hoping you all hear some good news soon!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
I may not be sending messages all the time (silly work is in the way!) but been following all your forum and here's hoping you all hear some good news soon!
When you say "In Process status started Feb/3. " how do you know that?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

That's the date they posted on CAS so I take it as somebody is actually looking at it. Or atleast sitting on somebody's desk being looked at.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

We might still have a few weeks before we hear anything again.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
That's the date they posted on CAS so I take it as somebody is actually looking at it. Or atleast sitting on somebody's desk being looked at.
So on ours it says medical received Jan. 5th, would you say it is in the processing stage now?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng
Have any of you heard about asking your MP to get a progress update for you?
I'm not sure what they would find out that we couldn't -afterall the process is fairly clear even if the timing isn't- we are either in a queue or having background checks or most likley both! Bizarelly its colder in london than toronto today-i thought I was missing the canadian winter this time around!
Hi everyone, sorry for hijacking your post, just thought i'd fill you all in on my timeline Come the 8th (tomorrow) it will be 7 months since we applied for PR through the spousal route. My husband then received an email early December asking for perm residence fee to be paid and specific information. The so called specific info was already on file and had in fact been overlooked by the caseworker. We also noticed that they had attempted to email both of us however had made several typo's on my email address! Anyway - receipt of perm residence was sent immediately. I then emailed early january asking if they required any additional info and I received an email stating that they had the information required of me. I thought I had a pretty straightforward case - no medical problems, have only ever lived in the one country, and had a clean police check... And here I am... 7 months later Having worked for the government previously in a similar caseworking environment, I am aware of how things work, especially where backlogs are concerned, but I am also aware that certain easy looking files get plucked out ahead of the queue (Of course none of us would complain about that if it happened to us ) Anyway - I took a risk at the end of October and joined my husband here in Canada. The wait is absolute torture. PENG - The local MP over here is a friend of a friend so he is going to attempt to make contact and see what response he gets. I suppose anything is worth a try at this stage! Fingers crossed for you all I have been following all of your posts but haven't left any comments until now as I felt out of the loop being a July applicant!

Last edited by sky_summers; Feb 7th 2012 at 4:27 am.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 123me
So on ours it says medical received Jan. 5th, would you say it is in the processing stage now?
Hi, as soon as we received ecas details and logged on it showed meds received (we sent meds ahead of the application.) We were sponsor approved on the 9th of September, however our file didn't change to "in Process" until the 9th November!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sky_summers
Hi, as soon as we received ecas details and logged on it showed meds received (we sent meds ahead of the application.) We were sponsor approved on the 9th of September, however our file didn't change to "in Process" until the 9th November!
So at some point it does actually say "IN Process?" Where? On the page where it says application received?

I recognize your user name from awhile back when I use to read all the posts and not comment. Please join our chats, the more the merrier.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

So at some point it does actually say "IN Process?" Where? On the page where it says application received?

I recognize your user name from awhile back when I use to read all the posts and not comment. Please join our chats, the more the merrier.
You know when you first log into ecas on your home page it says permanent residence application status? Well underneath this mine said "in process" immediately after my sponsorship was approved. I mistakenly assumed this meant they were looking at it. However it wasn't until 2 months later ecas actually changed to "we started processing xxxxxx application on the 9th November 2012" And yeah - this was on the page you are talking about. I've had 3 updates on this page on ecas and all have been on a Friday - not the Tuesday that is apparently the only day they update.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

You know when you first log into ecas on your home page it says permanent residence application status? Well underneath this mine said "in process" immediately after my sponsorship was approved. I mistakenly assumed this meant they were looking at it. However it wasn't until 2 months later ecas actually changed to "we started processing xxxxxx application on the 9th November 2012" And yeah - this was on the page you are talking about. I've had 3 updates on this page on ecas and all have been on a Friday - not the Tuesday that is apparently the only day they update.
Ok, thanks. There has been no change on our page since Jan. 5th.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, thanks. There has been no change on our page since Jan. 5th.
You may be one of the lucky ones that fire through - especially considering the email response your husband got. I reckon it's all down to the experience of the caseworker and when they rattle through applications so quickly there is no need for any updates. I have noticed that the ones who receive speedy decisions haven't had any updates on ecas. Doesn't help the nerves though does it! Just gives wishful thinking
Old Feb 7th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

You may be one of the lucky ones that fire through - especially considering the email response your husband got. I reckon it's all down to the experience of the caseworker and when they rattle through applications so quickly there is no need for any updates. I have noticed that the ones who receive speedy decisions haven't had any updates on ecas. Doesn't help the nerves though does it! Just gives wishful thinking
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I am not sure that my husband's email reply was anything out of the ordinary. Sounded like a standard reply of...we will get to your application when it is your turn!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I am not sure that my husband's email reply was anything out of the ordinary. Sounded like a standard reply of...we will get to your application when it is your turn!
My standard reply didn't mention anything about a decision letter though... So you never know Out of curiosity - was your response signed ACD? The few emails i've had from them are signed off ACD. Just wondering if that's a caseworkers initials or the department!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

My standard reply didn't mention anything about a decision letter though... So you never know Out of curiosity - was your response signed ACD? The few emails i've had from them are signed off ACD. Just wondering if that's a caseworkers initials or the department!
Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time. We will contact you again if we require further information or when we are ready to proceed to the next stage of your application.

We thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (RCS)

That is exactly what we received.

Last edited by 123me; Feb 7th 2012 at 4:23 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.