Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by shudda
I think what we've learnt through these 192 pages of the forum is that there is no rhyme or reason to how any of this works! There is at least one of every possible case on here. Mine still isn't showing that the medicals have been received! I'm staying calm only because I remember reading that some people didn't have any updates at all and then got asked for the passport!

I think the best thing is not to assume it's gone wrong if it's not updated. Also, they may be sending it by snail mail and it can take longer...
I hope not - the mail here I find very unreliable (we're in Belgium currently). Also would find it weird to have got the acknowledgement on email but the approval through snail mail? Oh well, I guess at least something's getting done with it...
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
I hope not - the mail here I find very unreliable (we're in Belgium currently). Also would find it weird to have got the acknowledgement on email but the approval through snail mail? Oh well, I guess at least something's getting done with it...
It took 10 days for our approval email.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Btw called the DMP earlier and got him to agree to me opening the sealed letter to tell him what it said.

Asks him to complete the medical report b & c (photocopy attached) but there is NOTHING else in there - no attached photocopies?!.

GRRRRRRR I don't understand and am still none the wiser. Sounds like the DMP maybe didn't send all of the correct paperwork originally??
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Btw called the DMP earlier and got him to agree to me opening the sealed letter to tell him what it said.

Asks him to complete the medical report b & c (photocopy attached) but there is NOTHING else in there - no attached photocopies?!.

GRRRRRRR I don't understand and am still none the wiser. Sounds like the DMP maybe didn't send all of the correct paperwork originally??
Right, sounds like the doctor did not do all that was required. And where are the photocopies I wonder!
Old Jan 31st 2012, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Does everyone ALWAYS get the approval email??
Nope. I got a letter in the post.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Nope. I got a letter in the post.
There is so much inconsistency for a government office!
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know how many different ways I can calculate how long mine is going to take from looking at PinkLady's spreadsheet! I'm going crazy. My app was only received 3 weeks ago. I'm hoping for a miracle application that only takes half the quoted time? Let's all hope for more people being hired in Immigration and faster processing times!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shudda
I think what we've learnt through these 192 pages of the forum is that there is no rhyme or reason to how any of this works! There is at least one of every possible case on here. Mine still isn't showing that the medicals have been received! I'm staying calm only because I remember reading that some people didn't have any updates at all and then got asked for the passport!

I think the best thing is not to assume it's gone wrong if it's not updated. Also, they may be sending it by snail mail and it can take longer...
I'm with you Shudda.. haven't heard anything or seen a change at all since Sponsor Approval. Just hanging in there and trying to stay positive.

Good luck to us all!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Also would find it weird to have got the acknowledgement on email but the approval through snail mail? Oh well, I guess at least something's getting done with it...
That's what happened to us! I was starting to panic about it, then the mailman delivered a gift one day.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 8:55 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
I don't know how many different ways I can calculate how long mine is going to take from looking at PinkLady's spreadsheet! I'm going crazy. My app was only received 3 weeks ago. I'm hoping for a miracle application that only takes half the quoted time? Let's all hope for more people being hired in Immigration and faster processing times!
I'm with you on this. Mine was received at CPC-M on the 25th... between reading this thread (!) and the spreadsheet, I'm hoping for about 5-6 months for everything to get sorted out (about 2.5 months for sponsor approval, and then about 2.5-3 months for PPR).

In the meantime I'll just headdesk over and over...
Old Feb 1st 2012, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

All,
From memory the difference between geeting real mail versus e-mail is location. If you are outside of Canada then you only get emails- if you are in Canada you get a letter through the mail. Foxtrot and Carrin are in Canada hene the snail mail.
On hearing about Stage 2- Its furstraiting not knowing if we are going to get approval in March or August- fron the timings it could be anywhere between! Oh well...at least we get to share the fun with each other.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peng
All,
From memory the difference between geeting real mail versus e-mail is location. If you are outside of Canada then you only get emails- if you are in Canada you get a letter through the mail. Foxtrot and Carrin are in Canada hene the snail mail.
On hearing about Stage 2- Its furstraiting not knowing if we are going to get approval in March or August- fron the timings it could be anywhere between! Oh well...at least we get to share the fun with each other.
The theory about where one lives is not quite accurate as I live in Canada and received my approval by email. I do agree about sharing this forum with you all, it is a good part of my day and I always look forward to seeing what is new.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hello all

So, I now have the approval

But the mystery around the medicals continues... I called the DMP again who has insisted there is nothing he missed out and looked at his copy of my husbands file this morning and has resent to London.

I'm not sure what to do now as I don't want anything holding it up that is out of our control... any ideas or experience of anything similar??

....Must update my timeline
Old Feb 1st 2012, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello all

So, I now have the approval

But the mystery around the medicals continues... I called the DMP again who has insisted there is nothing he missed out and looked at his copy of my husbands file this morning and has resent to London.

I'm not sure what to do now as I don't want anything holding it up that is out of our control... any ideas or experience of anything similar??

Great to hear about your approval. Our medical experience was a bit different so I can't really make any suggestions there.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hello all

I'm on the same timeline as 123me and have heard NOTHING about medicals good or bad. Seems like every single case is handled differently. Can be aggravating!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.