IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Dec 21st 2011, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Thanks Third6, I did go back and saw the instructions

I have a new problem however - I am currently in Canada and went to get new passport photos from Blacks. I just measured them and compared it to the measurements given in the instructions and realised the UK and Canada have very different ideas about passport photo sizes....

The instructions state the photo should be 35mm x 45mm, but these photos are 50mm x 70mm....
Old Dec 21st 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Further on the photos. Do they need labelling on the back with any details such as name or date of birth? Can't find anything on the instructions to say they do but wanted to check.

Are people just attaching them loose in the application pack or putting them in the order on the list of documents required? I was thinking of paper clipping them to a piece of paper and putting them in the order it states on the instructions.

Tim
Old Dec 21st 2011, 7:17 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim010
Further on the photos. Do they need labelling on the back with any details such as name or date of birth? Can't find anything on the instructions to say they do but wanted to check.

Are people just attaching them loose in the application pack or putting them in the order on the list of documents required? I was thinking of paper clipping them to a piece of paper and putting them in the order it states on the instructions.

Tim
I used paper clips last year I think, as long as you don't plant a staple right through your face though then you're golden.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I used paper clips last year I think, as long as you don't plant a staple right through your face though then you're golden.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Thanks

Tim
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 10:17 am
Just Joined

craigrog is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, im in the process of completing the forms now. in the "Application for work permit" it asks about education, i was at university for one year then dropped out, so i got no qualification from it but i still need to include it in my previous employment and education, do i need to explain that it was incomplete? thanks
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 11:34 am
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still waiting for my 2 certificates from Italy to arrive in the post - which luckily a friend has obtained for me in Rome.

However, she scanned them, and one of them has a typo of my birthplace - there is a random letter in the middle. It has my correct name and date of birth, and the second certificate has the correct spelling.

Will this be an issue? I'm not sure if I can handle going through sorting them again! It's been a huge hassle...

Merry Christmas all!

F
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 2:58 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freddiethebrit
I'm still waiting for my 2 certificates from Italy to arrive in the post - which luckily a friend has obtained for me in Rome.

However, she scanned them, and one of them has a typo of my birthplace - there is a random letter in the middle. It has my correct name and date of birth, and the second certificate has the correct spelling.

Will this be an issue? I'm not sure if I can handle going through sorting them again! It's been a huge hassle...

Merry Christmas all!

F
In your defence, you probably could have gotten away with not submitting Italian certificates at all because it is highly unlikely that your passport would have been stamped by Italian immigration or that there would have been any official correspodence suggesting that you lived there at all unless you were there for a number of years or you did your degree there etc.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 10:45 am
Fingers Crossed...

Hmmmm. It was my year abroad - I was studying Italian at uni in the UK, so had to do a 9 month stint over in Rome as part of the course. You're right, my passport was never stamped. I've been wondering if it counts as 'living in a country' as I was back for a couple of weeks in the middle, and back every couple of months for a long weekend. But then I don't want to not submit them, and then my application get rejected.

Any advice greatly greatly appreciated...
Old Dec 26th 2011, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

hopelong7 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am an irish citizen and have garda(police)clearence,but i have to get australian police clearence also, i have sent away to australia for this,so does anyone know how long this will take to get it back to me ,so i can forward all my info to the canadian visa people.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi freddiethebrit

I would declare everything (you sign to say the information to the best of your knowledge is true); if it's not, they have good reason to refuse your application. You could email them and ask the question, that way you know one way or the other.

More people want these visas than there are visas available, I wouldn't want to risk it.

Goodluck.

Poppit
Old Dec 27th 2011, 12:01 pm
Fingers Crossed...

Originally Posted by Poppit
Hi freddiethebrit

I would declare everything (you sign to say the information to the best of your knowledge is true); if it's not, they have good reason to refuse your application. You could email them and ask the question, that way you know one way or the other.

More people want these visas than there are visas available, I wouldn't want to risk it.

Goodluck.

Poppit
Cheers Poppit - exactly what I was thinking... Have now filled out all of the forms, and just waiting for the documents from Italy so i can translate them and add them to the application. Hopefully everything is correct otherwise!!

F
Old Dec 27th 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

leafsfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

When validating the Applications & Declarations page i cant see a barcode page does this automatically print out when you validate then print straight away ?
Old Dec 27th 2011, 1:31 pm
Fingers Crossed...

Originally Posted by leafsfan1
When validating the Applications & Declarations page i cant see a barcode page does this automatically print out when you validate then print straight away ?
Yep. You can't see it, but it will print out when you print it...
Old Dec 28th 2011, 9:54 am
Just Joined

mattatat789 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello peeps!

Im filling out these horrible forms and could do with some advice on a couple of areas. I wish I had gone with BUNAC!! Paid the price of a restful mind!

Firstly does it matter if you write in lower case or upper case for the IEC form and the Application of work permit. The drop down menus are in lower case.

secondly, on the employment section of the application for work permit. it says you must put the last 10 years of employment. I needed to add extra pages to (page 3 of 4)..I have left box 1 empty as it says current employment and filled out the other two remaining which are for previous employment and the same for four sheets extra!! When it prints off it comes up with the red box as it has not been filled in.

lastly ....does every empty box need NA

fewww....

any help would be much appreciated

good luck to all
Old Dec 28th 2011, 10:50 am
Fingers Crossed...

Originally Posted by mattatat789
Hello peeps!

Im filling out these horrible forms and could do with some advice on a couple of areas. I wish I had gone with BUNAC!! Paid the price of a restful mind!

Firstly does it matter if you write in lower case or upper case for the IEC form and the Application of work permit. The drop down menus are in lower case.

secondly, on the employment section of the application for work permit. it says you must put the last 10 years of employment. I needed to add extra pages to (page 3 of 4)..I have left box 1 empty as it says current employment and filled out the other two remaining which are for previous employment and the same for four sheets extra!! When it prints off it comes up with the red box as it has not been filled in.

lastly ....does every empty box need NA

fewww....

any help would be much appreciated

good luck to all
Hi Matt,

I've also had to use a few extra pages for my last 10 years employment history - I used all 3 boxes on each page, as with the dates on there, it explains when you were where - otherwise I would have used about 6 extra pages.

Otherwise I've gone for lower case everywhere - as it's typed, I don't think it matters whether it's upper or lower case.

I put N/A in any box that hadn't greyed out...

Good luck! Once I have my italian checks, I'll be getting mine in the post.

F

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.