Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 26th 2017, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
It will be nearly a year by 31st of October for you. I am speechless. They are clearing out this group gradually, hopefully, you deserve to receive the decision first. Feel for you.
29 weeks and 144 working days ,finally got this same email with deadline 31 October, I have made complaint 3 weeks ago and escalated case last week . I think people waiting more then 120 days got this email and may be they trying to clear their mess. I remember in 2012 ho cleared backlog of asylem seekers .some genuine case been refused and some bogus case about 25000 people in total got positive decision . I am worried if they refuse lots people to clear backlog or what they do god knows
Old Sep 26th 2017, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

We're on day 85. Just got an email saying not straightforward, after I asked why I hadn't heard anything. No mention of Oct 31.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

We're at day 98, wife got the 31 October email yesterday - which contradicts what the HO told my MP last week.

Good thing they know what they are doing and aren't just playing for more time.

Again.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PinkDia
I got the same email.

Applied 28th April!
Have you all get this same email after you sent them query mail?
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
Have you all get this same email after you sent them query mail?
Yes through MP and also contact centre. How can they tell us not to call the call centre to it is their job? Also, they told the MP 5 weeks ago that they are considering my case. So it had gone to 'we are too busy' now. Honestly!?!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

I got the same email.

Applied 28th April!
Hi

My wife received the same email yesterday with a target date of 31st of October.

We are today on 103 working days.

I am feeling positive due to so many people receiving the same email. It sounds like a coordinated effort to clear a backlog by UKVI.

We must keep the pressure on though because they cannot be trusted.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Yes through MP and also contact centre. How can they tell us not to call the call centre to it is their job? Also, they told the MP 5 weeks ago that they are considering my case. So it had gone to 'we are too busy' now. Honestly!?!
Sorry but i still dont believe what they are saying. Call centre told me i should hear in 3 days now it is been 2 months since she told me this. My MP never came back to me i guess she has nothing to say. All we can do is wait im dying slow
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Lolacrisp is an unknown quantity at this point

Been religiously following this forum and it's comforting know that you're not alone in this agonising wait.

Thought I'd post an update here:
Type of visa: Spouse
Application from Kuala Lumpur
Non-priority
Online Application: 21 June 2017
Biometrics and Document Scanned: 28 June
Email confirmation from Sheffield: 30 June
Documents couriered: Today, 26 Sept
Visa approved on: 18 Sept
Visa validity: 25 Sept

The weird thing is I didn't get an email or SMS from VFS and my number still comes up as unrecognised on the online tracker.

So relieved that I finally got this exactly on the 60th working day. Wish you all good luck and hopefully you'll hear good news soon!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but i still dont believe what they are saying. Call centre told me i should hear in 3 days now it is been 2 months since she told me this. My MP never came back to me i guess she has nothing to say. All we can do is wait im dying slow
There's nothing call center can do apart from telling you what is saying in the system about your application status. I don't think they can say anything about when the decision will be made on your application.

Have you made any escalation? Perhaps 3 days to hear anything from them should be the deadline for the UKVI to get back to you on your escalation but unfortunately escalation means nothing in Sheffield.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
There's nothing call center can do apart from telling you what is saying in the system about your application status. I don't think they can say anything about when the decision will be made on your application.

Have you made any escalation? Perhaps 3 days to hear anything from them should be the deadline for the UKVI to get back to you on your escalation but unfortunately escalation means nothing in Sheffield.
It was a phone call. But yes i had 2 escalations but i gave up since last month i stood back and still waiting spent too much money on emails and calls
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

What I really don't understand is that HO were able to give their decision for applications made after mine June 23. If they are truly backlogged, they shouldn't be giving decesions to application prior to ours and they are on the same category as well which is non priority.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Lolacrisp is an unknown quantity at this point

Been religiously following this forum and it's comforting know that you're not alone in this agonising wait.

Thought I'd post an update here:
Type of visa: Spouse
Application from Kuala Lumpur
Non-priority
Online Application: 21 June 2017
Biometrics and Document Scanned: 28 June
Email confirmation from Sheffield: 30 June
Documents couriered: Today, 26 Sept
Visa approved on: 18 Sept
Visa validity: 25 Sept

The weird thing is I didn't get an email or SMS from VFS and my number still comes up as unrecognised on the online tracker.

So relieved that I finally got this exactly on the 60th working day. Wish you all good luck and hopefully you'll hear good news soon!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAsh
What I really don't understand is that HO were able to give their decision for applications made after mine June 23. If they are truly backlogged, they shouldn't be giving decesions to application prior to ours and they are on the same category as well which is non priority.
How about hitting their targets...they do this to catch up on 60 days application. Us more than 105 days are already late for any catch up
Old Sep 26th 2017, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

How about hitting their targets...they do this to catch up on 60 days application. Us more than 105 days are already late for any catch up
That's the logic I believe which does make sense from their point of view but ruthless to us.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

I wife just received this:

[email protected]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for applying for a UK visa.

Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update.

Staff at the visa application centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected.

We understand this will be frustrating to you and regret any inconvenience caused.

We will contact you shortly to update you on what is happening

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.