Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Nov 4th 2017, 8:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
If we complain, you think there are chances they might be a lil strict with our application?? That’s cause we complained?
No.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
No.
Okay
Old Nov 4th 2017, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jayla4
Hey guys
My husband had an interview call today
And they told him they'll let him know about decision as soon as possible.
Anyone know how long decision takes after interview.
What kind of questions did they ask from him?

It means that they are actively looking at the application and may be towards the end of the process so it can be a number of days or weeks before you hear back from them. Communication from Sheffield is lacking & they're not the best at that! Sit tight though.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

nina ali is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys
My husband had an interview call today
And they told him they'll let him know about decision as soon as possible.
Anyone know how long decision takes after interview.
hey,
my husband also got an interview call on 12th October and we haven't heard anything after that yet. also, we applied priority. so it might take few weeks i guess.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Jayla4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
What kind of questions did they ask from him?

It means that they are actively looking at the application and may be towards the end of the process so it can be a number of days or weeks before you hear back from them. Communication from Sheffield is lacking & they're not the best at that! Sit tight though.
Hi
They asked all about his income
Old Nov 4th 2017, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nina ali
hey,
my husband also got an interview call on 12th October and we haven't heard anything after that yet. also, we applied priority. so it might take few weeks i guess.
What kind of questions did they ask him
I thought after interview they'll be quick on dicission
Old Nov 5th 2017, 1:49 am
Just Joined

RainStaser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I applied for a UK settlement visa in Bangkok, Thailand; does anybody know if my passport is sent to UK Sheffield or does it remain at the VFS office or British Embassy here in Bangkok, Thailand throughout the entire process?
Old Nov 5th 2017, 7:38 am
Just Joined

What kind of questions did they ask him
I thought after interview they'll be quick on dicission
they asked him about his work and income mostly. they also called his employer and took his interview too. my husband asked the lady who was taking his interview that how long will it take to get the decision. she never told him the time frame but, she said after the interview, it goes to decision making team and its totally up to them that how long they take. i hope we all get our visa soon. may i asked where did you apply from ?
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nina ali
they asked him about his work and income mostly. they also called his employer and took his interview too. my husband asked the lady who was taking his interview that how long will it take to get the decision. she never told him the time frame but, she said after the interview, it goes to decision making team and its totally up to them that how long they take. i hope we all get our visa soon. may i asked where did you apply from ?

I applied from Melbourne Australia
March 22nd 2017
When did you apply for your visa?
Old Nov 5th 2017, 10:06 am
Just Joined

March 22nd 2017
When did you apply for your visa?
15th September (priority)
Old Nov 5th 2017, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Ampem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Benjamin Kwartengsnr
Just google Tlscontact it would be accompanied by many countries and you choose where you appiled from
Example I applied in Ghana Accra so it will be
Tlscontactcenter-Ghana Accra
Hi Benjamin, i also applied in February and still waiting for a decision. In my case i got my passport back when the documents were being returned after the processing was put on hold. Are you in same situation as me?
Have you got a decision?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Orson Carte is an unknown quantity at this point

March 22nd 2017
We're on a similar timeline to yourself, Jayla4 - Melbourne, 8th March. Nothing but obfuscation from UKVI. MP inquired on our behalf but was fed the usual "not straightforward" malarkey we all get which he had no reason to disbelieve - or didn't want to. It looks like it might be next year before we are likely to hear anything more. And we've paid a fee to be treated like this ....
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Ampem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
We are in a same situation.. Not sure anyone from march have received any update🙁
Where have you applied from?
I applied from Ghana in February.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:59 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I feel that the biggest problem over these visas was the time delay people were expecting, which was correct BEFORE Sheffield took over all the processing. People on here are expecting that quick service to have continued, but because of staffing problems it has slipped considerably. Many other countries have long visa processing times, but there are no threads about it on BE, it's onlt because the visa processing people failed to tell applicants that due to the changes in methods processing times would be very much increased, and maybe give a time of, say, 10 months. If that was the case this, and other threads like it would just not be needed, people getting visas in less than the stated time would be overjoyed and saying how good they were at Sheffield.
When I was working (NHS) we often had people ringing up to ask how long a test would take. I always told the staff to tell the enquirer a much longer time that the test actually took, so say it was a 30 min test, we told them 45 mins, then when they got the result in 390 mins they thought how good we were. It's always to do with perceptions of service.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:29 am
Just Joined

press1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

New week starts hope lots of them will hear good news this week. Does anyone receive decision recently applied from Sri Lanka? I'm waiting since July 2017 from Sri Lanka and still didn't hear anything from home office. Hopefully we all get visa soon. Hope for the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.