Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Originally Posted by annqldau
There's supposed to be more on the way and it may equal that that was dumped last month the prophecies so far predict. Think Thur is supposed to be the worst... lovely wedding weather...
Fabulous weather for moving house
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Fabulous weather for moving house
Where are you moving to Pollyanna? Good luck with the move, plenty of golf umberellas needed.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:13 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Where are you moving to Pollyanna? Good luck with the move, plenty of golf umberellas needed.
Not far (not the UK ) Still north brisbane - landlord wants to sell the house so I'm back in the land of packing tape and cardboard boxes!!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 11:26 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not far (not the UK ) Still north brisbane - landlord wants to sell the house so I'm back in the land of packing tape and cardboard boxes!!
All that great advice you have given me and you work in a factory packing boxes,your in the wrong job matey
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

I am sorry for the upheaval you are having, I had no idea you wanted to be back in the Uk, is the Aussie life not living up to your expectations?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:47 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by somme
I am sorry for the upheaval you are having, I had no idea you wanted to be back in the Uk, is the Aussie life not living up to your expectations?
Looong story, basically got homesick after about 2 months (very unexpectedly), had a lot of health problems and never really settled. Married to an Aussie though who just wouldn't survive back home, so I'm still here
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:52 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: The Ongoing Weather Thread – Storms, Drought, Climate!!!

Looong story, basically got homesick after about 2 months (very unexpectedly), had a lot of health problems and never really settled. Married to an Aussie though who just wouldn't survive back home, so I'm still here
Bloody Hell Polly where did that come from

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20038.html

most rain and hail since we got here in one go... liked the little sign saying 'This Thunderstorm is very dangerous' pinned to the map. This is just the start of the summer so whats to come???
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:38 am
Home and Happy

most rain and hail since we got here in one go... liked the little sign saying 'This Thunderstorm is very dangerous' pinned to the map. This is just the start of the summer so whats to come???
Came from out west, likely to be more the rest of the week so keep your eyes on the BoM site
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:44 am

Came from out west, likely to be more the rest of the week so keep your eyes on the BoM site
Yes, I've cracked and put the car in the garage as did get some marble sized hail stones going through Strathpine earlier and road nice and flooded even the bridge above the river.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:46 am

Looks like the one coming now may just slip to the left of us and luckily the bad ones on Sunday went either side of us.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:34 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome La Niña

Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by themerlin
Welcome La Niña
Hi, hows things with you?

Normally spread over a week or so and in 2 years I've never seen 'this is a dangerous Thunderstorm' tagged on to the map.

Think we must have to worry when it says 'Oh! Shit'.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:28 pm

Thought today was a Thunder free day and it was back tomorrow. 6:30 am and already some red yellow and blue building above Beaudesert, doesn't bode will if it's here already.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:21 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought today was a Thunder free day and it was back tomorrow. 6:30 am and already some red yellow and blue building above Beaudesert, doesn't bode will if it's here already.
I can confirm the cloud is up there, right now, it's been piddling down this morning already, big rumbles of thunder ... odd time for it to build but any rain welcome around here
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themerlin
Welcome La Niña
Is your house & everything ok? I got caught in it trying to get back from tennis in Joyner - couldn't see a thing and there were cars all over the road. My cars buggered but house ok (although the pool is full of mulch). A friend in Greenwoods came home to find a foot of water in her kitchen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.