Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Feb 8th 2017, 6:39 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by Beoz
Great spray Mal.
Going nutso like that makes me think the stress is getting to Trunball. It can't be easy knowing you are going to get knifed in the back and not knowing who will be the traitor (so many choices).

It makes you wonder. "Parasite" is obviously inappropriate for Shorten, but it might give you a clue as to who was actually in mind when he said it. Someone who's just walked away from the coalition maybe?
Old Feb 8th 2017, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
"Parasite" is obviously inappropriate for Shorten, but it might give you a clue as to who was actually in mind when he said it. Someone who's just walked away from the coalition maybe?
You really make up some rubbish.

Watch the video. You clearly didn't. He explains why he refers to Shorten as a Parasite.

Perhaps the truth about your beloved leader hurts
Old Feb 8th 2017, 8:18 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Watch the video. You clearly didn't. He explains why he refers to Shorten as a Parasite.
He waffles, pointlessly.

Nah, I think this is an overreaction to the stress he's under. He's always been on borrowed time with the extreme right wing, currently residing in the liberal party. Now he's had Trump badmouthing him to the world, and a nasty piece of work from his own ship acting like the rat he is and scarpering.

He knows he on borrowed time, and he lashes out where he safely can - with childish rants rather than positive action (since he can't actually do anything).

A sign of weakness.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

He waffles, pointlessly.

Nah, I think this is an overreaction to the stress he's under. He's always been on borrowed time with the extreme right wing, currently residing in the liberal party. Now he's had Trump badmouthing him to the world, and a nasty piece of work from his own ship acting like the rat he is and scarpering.

He knows he on borrowed time, and he lashes out where he safely can - with childish rants rather than positive action (since he can't actually do anything).

A sign of weakness.
Actually, Trump was a promotion. Bernadi not great, but in reality if he can get the right out, and leave the centralist to do their job, its a win. He will hope Abbott and co follow.

That said he then runs the risk of them picking up the current global populist vote. But he shouldn't be too concerned. With that lot gone he will pick up a tonne of seats from the lefties. Left wing is fading out of favour fast.

Shorten has been able to sit quiet for a few weeks. Not anymore. Turnbull saw this and has turned up the heat and exposed him for the parasite he is.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect the rant had to do with the latest Newspoll rather than anxiety over getting knifed in the back. There is a saying in politics, who will be the first candidate to go negative? Answer: The one who is behind.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The ALP caught out lying again and in the process have stooped to new lows.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/at-work/malcolm-turnbull-can-you-live-on-600/news-story/fb61a619bc25a4b9b8c67378a19e63de
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 9:00 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

The ALP caught out lying again and in the process have stooped to new lows.

Penalty rates cut 2017: Malcolm Turnbull asked ‘can you live on $600?’ by Spotlight employee
Err, Coles won't be affected because they have already lost those rates, because the union sold them out.

And it wasn't ALP saying anything anyway.

I'm a little conflicted here because on the one hand people need enough money to live and double bubble on a Sunday has long been the expectation. On the other, I can see those jobs going anyway as automation hits - so it's kind of missing the point to focus on a side skirmish as the big battle looms.

The problem is the total lack of preparation and forward planning, not rates for jobs.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Err, Coles won't be affected because they have already lost those rates, because the union sold them out.

And it wasn't ALP saying anything anyway.
Err No shit. The point is, the ALP wheeled this guy out to lie to you. You got sucked again.

The ALP wheeled him out.

Trent Hunter appeared alongside Evelyn Kathner at a press conference with Labor leader Bill Shorten to talk about the Fair Work Commission’s decision to slash Sunday and public holiday penalty rates for hospitality, restaurant, fast food, retail and pharmacy workers.

And photo with Bullshit Bill.

I'm a little conflicted here because on the one hand people need enough money to live and double bubble on a Sunday has long been the expectation. On the other, I can see those jobs going anyway as automation hits - so it's kind of missing the point to focus on a side skirmish as the big battle looms.

The problem is the total lack of preparation and forward planning, not rates for jobs.
Automation in the service sector killing jobs? Potentially - those drones might be flying our Sunday shopping to our backyard . I wonder if a robot will be delivering my Sunday roast at the local pub.

Lets put it this way, in my street there are 3 cafe's and none open on a Sunday. I have asked each owner why not and they say its because rates for staff are too high so they choose that to be their rest day, even though there are more people around, off work, to enjoy the cafes.

Get the picture, more jobs.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:02 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Err No shit. The point is,
No, the point is the lack of proper overtime rates.

Lets put it this way, in my street there are 3 cafe's and none open on a Sunday. I have asked each owner why not and they say its because rates for staff are too high so they choose that to be their rest day, even though there are more people around, off work, to enjoy the cafes.

Get the picture, more jobs.
Think you are actually missing the big picture there. A cafe has a high manpower element, hence the impact of wages on profitability. Hence if the owner can reduce that manpower element all days of the week, they will.

Hence less jobs with more automation.

Actually it's illuminating to consider what a human could add to such an operation. Obviously the cooking, etc. part is best automated; as is the taking of the order/money. The delivery of the food might be a good role, but only for some customers (for many you don't want to deal with that cr*p). In the end I think cleaning is probably it - a waitress who also tidies up being the ideal.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, the point is the lack of proper overtime rates.
Excuse me BE's all time Mr Arrogant. It's my point. I raised it, I own it.

So stick to it.

The point is, the ALP have lied to you again. Deflect and ignore the crimes of your beloved ALP all you want. They have sucked you in and spat you out again.

Think you are actually missing the big picture there. A cafe has a high manpower element, hence the impact of wages on profitability. Hence if the owner can reduce that manpower element all days of the week, they will.

Hence less jobs with more automation.

Actually it's illuminating to consider what a human could add to such an operation. Obviously the cooking, etc. part is best automated; as is the taking of the order/money. The delivery of the food might be a good role, but only for some customers (for many you don't want to deal with that cr*p). In the end I think cleaning is probably it - a waitress who also tidies up being the ideal.
You are missing the big picture. We've been through this before.

You are only thinking about 1 cafe. (See the big picture you are missing). I am thinking about all the cafe's. If more cafe's can open on a Sunday that equals more jobs. Its a pretty simple thing to comprehend.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little conflicted here because on the one hand people need enough money to live and double bubble on a Sunday has long been the expectation
That's not the go in the US and certainly not in (according to you, superior) UK. NZ got rid of this too - and I would imagine that double time on Sunday for retail and hospitality workers around the world is a thing of the past. Looks to me that what has just been put out is still generous by international standards

Please try and tell the whole story
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 11:00 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Excuse me BE's all time Mr Arrogant. It's my point. I raised it, I own it.

So stick to it.

Your point it might have been; but it's dumb, biased, and has nothing to do with the subject in hand, so I bought it back to reality with the addition of facts.

I understand that you don't like reality, but it's the only one we have so I'm afraid you'll have to live in it.

You are only thinking about 1 cafe. (See the big picture you are missing). I am thinking about all the cafe's. If more cafe's can open on a Sunday that equals more jobs. Its a pretty simple thing to comprehend.
Evidently Beoz is undertaking to spend his Sunday's visiting coffee shops to keep them all in business. That coffee won't be good for the sanity though ...
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your point it might have been; but it's dumb, biased, and has nothing to do with the subject in hand, so I bought it back to reality with the addition of facts.

I understand that you don't like reality, but it's the only one we have so I'm afraid you'll have to live in it.

Evidently Beoz is undertaking to spend his Sunday's visiting coffee shops to keep them all in business. That coffee won't be good for the sanity though ...
It's my post. If you have another deflecting agenda, start your own post.

It's kind of funny that if your beloved ALP gets caught out, you deflect.

How about playing the game in front of you? Have your ALP been caught out? Yes.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So you agree then?

Its not about Beoz (singular) coffee shop (singular).

Its about coffee drinkers (plural) and coffee shops (plural)
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This is probably a good example for the Luddites to wrap their narrow heads around.

In the 80's how many cafe's were on your average city high street. 1 maybe. It was generally a fish and chip shop. Would you buy a coffee in there? No way. You'd be lucky to get an instant cup of crap at best.

Enter automation, and the distribution of cheaper expresso machines thanks to technology advancement.

Coffee shops appeared everywhere. So did the job Barista (in Australia).

Thanks to automation, jobs within the cafe scene appeared everywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.