First Update

Old May 16th 2013, 3:14 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: First Update

Well I wasn't needed for OT after all due to enough staff putting their name down, so I took the opportunity to go out for a little day trip...

First I caught the bus into Manchester and had a wander around. Then I caught another bus to the British Museum of Science and Industry and also had a wander. My main reason for going there was the fact that from a certain spot within the museum you can look out a window and see the set of Coronation Street... So once I persuaded the tour guide to tell me where the all important window was I set off. The window is actually behind a curtain so when no-one was watching I snuck behind the curtain and looked through the window and sure enough....there was Coronation Street. At least the bit I could see which was Barlow's and the cab company..lol. I could see anything else, but I did see the actor who plays Tommy Duckworth walking around. No cameras though, which was good because I would have looked a right twit waving through the window with a camera pointing at me.. I don't think the window I was in actually is seen in any shots because they deliberately film with the window behind them I think..lol.

So then I went back into Rochdale and bought myself a pair of safety trainers which are MUCH more comfy and I'm going to wear them tomorrow to break them in, seeing as I'm off tomorrow as well.

It looks like everything on my to-do list has been done, apart from one thing which is my drivers license and I can't do that until I've lived here for 180 days. But everything else has been done.....home - done, job - done, bank account - done, electoral roll - done, NI number - done, NHS number - done, registered with GP - done. I can't think of anything else that needed doing, but I'm sure something will remind me..lol

Not bad seeing as I landed 4 weeks yesterday!
Old May 16th 2013, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

You've forgotten "lose ten pounds". I am just jealous since that's been on my to-do list for ages!
Old May 16th 2013, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
You've forgotten "lose ten pounds". I am just jealous since that's been on my to-do list for ages!
THE most important thing,she forgets Need to do that and more myself. Good on you, Linzi. You're an inspiration to us all, you are
Old May 16th 2013, 8:05 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jemima55
oops, how could I forget THAT?? Although it wasn't technically on my 'to-do' list. It was on my 'will get around to it eventually, but have things to do FIRST' list.
Old May 16th 2013, 8:07 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
THE most important thing,she forgets Need to do that and more myself. Good on you, Linzi. You're an inspiration to us all, you are
Thanks love....xxx Seeing as I missed my Dr's appointment this week and have to go next Thursday I'll undoubtedly step on the scales again. I'm curious to see if I've lost anymore, especially now that I'm working and walking at the same time. Good weight loss cure...come to the UK !
Old May 17th 2013, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you have accomplished so much in such a short time. As others have said you truly are an inspiration. Well done. Good luck at the doctors next week.
Old May 18th 2013, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Well I wasn't needed for OT after all due to enough staff putting their name down, so I took the opportunity to go out for a little day trip...

First I caught the bus into Manchester and had a wander around. Then I caught another bus to the British Museum of Science and Industry and also had a wander. My main reason for going there was the fact that from a certain spot within the museum you can look out a window and see the set of Coronation Street... So once I persuaded the tour guide to tell me where the all important window was I set off. The window is actually behind a curtain so when no-one was watching I snuck behind the curtain and looked through the window and sure enough....there was Coronation Street. At least the bit I could see which was Barlow's and the cab company..lol. I could see anything else, but I did see the actor who plays Tommy Duckworth walking around. No cameras though, which was good because I would have looked a right twit waving through the window with a camera pointing at me.. I don't think the window I was in actually is seen in any shots because they deliberately film with the window behind them I think..lol.

So then I went back into Rochdale and bought myself a pair of safety trainers which are MUCH more comfy and I'm going to wear them tomorrow to break them in, seeing as I'm off tomorrow as well.

It looks like everything on my to-do list has been done, apart from one thing which is my drivers license and I can't do that until I've lived here for 180 days. But everything else has been done.....home - done, job - done, bank account - done, electoral roll - done, NI number - done, NHS number - done, registered with GP - done. I can't think of anything else that needed doing, but I'm sure something will remind me..lol

Not bad seeing as I landed 4 weeks yesterday!
You have done fabulously and achieved SO much in only four weeks!!! I think it is cause for celebration!!!

I wonder why you can't renew your driving licence for six months, though.
Old May 18th 2013, 8:13 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by windsong
You have done fabulously and achieved SO much in only four weeks!!! I think it is cause for celebration!!!

I wonder why you can't renew your driving licence for six months, though.

I think it's probably because the need to be sure you're permanently resident in the UK, as once you apply to switch it over, they send the old one back to the country of origin (in my case Australia). So just like with everything else I think I have to show proof of address. I'll figure it all out before the 180 days is up that's for sure.. lol

It's your turn now windsong.

I just love it when I call the taxi company to arrange my morning pick up for work and I don't have to say anything...as soon as my name and number appear on their system the guy just says "usual time tomorrow darlin'"
Old May 18th 2013, 8:14 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by morayeel
Wow, you have accomplished so much in such a short time. As others have said you truly are an inspiration. Well done. Good luck at the doctors next week.
Thanks love...will be interested to see my blood work results!
Old May 18th 2013, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's probably because the need to be sure you're permanently resident in the UK, as once you apply to switch it over, they send the old one back to the country of origin (in my case Australia). So just like with everything else I think I have to show proof of address. I'll figure it all out before the 180 days is up that's for sure.. lol

It's your turn now windsong.

I just love it when I call the taxi company to arrange my morning pick up for work and I don't have to say anything...as soon as my name and number appear on their system the guy just says "usual time tomorrow darlin'"
Must make you feel all special having your car service picking you up everyday. Just like royalty
Old May 18th 2013, 8:41 am
Yorkshire Lass

Must make you feel all special having your car service picking you up everyday. Just like royalty
At £10 per trip they better bloody treat me like royalty.. On the way to work this morning the driver actually stopped off to get fuel.. Cheeky bugger! Luckily he only took a couple of minutes and did ask if it was okay first, but you'd have thought hey would have put fuel in FIRST before coming to pick me up.
Old May 18th 2013, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

At £10 per trip they better bloody treat me like royalty.. On the way to work this morning the driver actually stopped off to get fuel.. Cheeky bugger! Luckily he only took a couple of minutes and did ask if it was okay first, but you'd have thought hey would have put fuel in FIRST before coming to pick me up.
Too right! For that they should put in a bar for you
Old May 18th 2013, 8:44 am
Yorkshire Lass

Too right! For that they should put in a bar for you
Hmmm on the way to work? Maybe a breakfast bar..with cappuccino machine
Old May 18th 2013, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Hmmm on the way to work? Maybe a breakfast bar..with cappuccino machine
No no, on the way back, of course Maybe he could have one that flips around so you could have coffee in the morning and something stronger in the evening
Old May 18th 2013, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Just a quick one on the driver's licence... are you wanting to exchange an Australian one for a GB one? Have I understood correctly (I often don't, it's a special talent I have!)? I was able to swap my Au one over straight away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.