Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Political correctness gone mad?

Political correctness gone mad?

Old Dec 11th 2005, 2:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Political correctness gone mad?

What is the world coming to:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...1-1248,00.html

I thought it did not happen in Australia

G
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:02 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Political correctness gone mad?

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
What happened to just getting on with life, live and let live and all that, we used to be able to do this quite well?
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:15 pm
G'day Sport

Rick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sorry to say but nowhere is free from this stupid fad of PC, in the shopping centre in Manchester there is no Santas grotto and the christmas display is now called winter land. It just baffles me, pretty soon we'll be calling all our holidays and celebration days by different names. Easter will be chocolate day, mothers day will be known as female parent day , fathers day will be male parent day but then again either of those colud offend same sex parents so its best just to have parents day. That would offend people who aren't parents, so we should scrap all holidays and just be boring.

No offence intended in this post just seem that things are going crazy these days.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Rick C
I'm sorry to say but nowhere is free from this stupid fad of PC, in the shopping centre in Manchester there is no Santas grotto and the christmas display is now called winter land. It just baffles me, pretty soon we'll be calling all our holidays and celebration days by different names. Easter will be chocolate day, mothers day will be known as female parent day , fathers day will be male parent day but then again either of those colud offend same sex parents so its best just to have parents day. That would offend people who aren't parents, so we should scrap all holidays and just be boring.

No offence intended in this post just seem that things are going crazy these days.
No offence taken, I do agree, the thing is if you start to remove "traditions" from communities, what is left?

I am so glad I chose not to have children as this world is not the place I would like to bring them up in.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rick C

Father's Day???

3 years ago at my daughter's infant school we all got a letter saying that due to the fact that some children did not have father at home and so as not to cause upset the kids would not be making a card for Father's Day at school.

kids - 156

absent fathers - 5

FFS

BTW what religion are these people who demanded the apology?
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:22 pm
G'day Sport

Rick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
No offence taken, I do agree, the thing is if you start to remove "traditions" from communities, what is left?

I am so glad I chose not to have children as this world is not the place I would like to bring them up in.

I konw how you feel. It just seems daft to me that people are bending over backwards not to offend people over issues where there should never be any issue of being offended. I think people are just scared of being accused of being an "ist" racist, sexist, etc etc
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:35 pm

The funny thing if you boil it down we are all in a minority of sorts, I am short sighted so I am "Visually Challenged", I am from a Jewish background, heavens please don't mention pork or I will sue you It just is so crazy!

Where do you draw the line
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:43 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I think it`s really quite sad
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:16 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

They live in Yepoon so maybe Biggy can go round to there house & sing some carols for them.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

Deport them.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling

G

What I want to know is WHO said it didn't happen in Australia??
Old Dec 11th 2005, 7:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
What I want to know is WHO said it didn't happen in Australia??
Well lots of people on this forum say they are leaving this 'Sh*thole' (the UK) to 'escape' from such things

Oh and to escape from immigrants

G
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:36 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
The funny thing if you boil it down we are all in a minority of sorts, I am short sighted so I am "Visually Challenged", I am from a Jewish background, heavens please don't mention pork or I will sue you It just is so crazy!

Where do you draw the line

lol......are you maureen lipman

oooer, well im "visually challenged", and also from irish gypsies.....so NO-ONE start on travellers or i'll have the lot of yer!!!!!

it is pc gone mad! there was something in the news last week about a school somewhere in the uk that had banned christmas cards!! apparently they had been doing about recycling, and to make the point hit home the kids were not allowed to have the usual school post box.....
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:39 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
They live in Yepoon so maybe Biggy can go round to there house & sing some carols for them.
Ive just sent them 100 CHRISTMAS cards saying MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! shower of tossers
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:45 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
Ive just sent them 100 CHRISTMAS cards saying MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! shower of tossers
Maybe it's OBL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.