Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:44 am
Banned

Budowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by hawk2005
Ubiquitous Vests (sorry i mean singlets-fine on women but on blokes..makes them look like theyve gone out in their pyjamas!!)

Stupid ZZTop beards

"Are you a Holden or Ford man" - wtf... Holden = general motors = shit quality. Ford = rubbish. Australian supercars - what a joke

"Flash" utes with twin exhausts/spoilers etc - utterly ridiculous

The need to call all national sports teams after furry native animals or give them stupid nicknames

Pokies

Those big fat noisy exhaust pipes - why do you want your car to be as noisy as possible - its about as mature as pegging playing cards to your bike frame so your push bike sounds like a motorbike but as you are 6 years old its ok...but when you are in yr late teens/twenties....just SAD

The victim culture - aussies love a good whinge - poor me & look at how hard done by I am

The word "battler" - read "loser"

Rove McManus & his fat blonde sidekick - is that show meant to be ironic by being deliberately unfunny - there can be no other explanation

Midnite Oil - how bad are they with that baldie frontman who is possibly the worst singer of all time

Steve Bracks - mr do nothing - the first thing he should do is get his adenoids fixed

Aussie trucks - a tortoise gets off the mark quicker

Blokes streaking their hair - aussie blokes...it makes you about as macho as Julian Clary...why do you do it??

funny totally agree about rove....grrrrr
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

rick hart adverts and his ANOYING monotone voice
dom
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

The wee f**ker in my loft that peeps during the night when I'm up a 5am. Can anybody advise as I thought it was the battery in the smoke detector going done. House is a queenslander with high ceilings and I aint paying $100 for a ladder to reach the ceiling
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:30 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vanessa
In the UK I have never seen anything like the volume of cyclists you get in Melbourne, especially along the Beach Road on Saturday and Sunday mornings (I am one of them )
I'm all for cycling, don't get me wrong, but in Bucks, you get these narrow roads and sharp bends and it's quite common to be going around said corner and meet up with around 30+ cyclists, who won't allow you to pass because they take up the whole lane riding 5 abreast, and they make you follow them through village after village at 25mph and when you beep at them, they shake their fists like you're completely inconsiderate. The right bike in the right place - great. Whole groups of arrogant assholes on superbikes who can't be considerate enough to let someone faster pass by... not good.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:41 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

(1) Whinge
(2) Whinge
(3) Whinge
(4) Whinge
(5) Whinge
(6) Whinge
(7) Whinge
(8) Whinge
(9) Whinge
(10) Whinge
(11) Whinge
(12) Whinge
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:42 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
But if you hate it here so much why do you want to become a citizen???

And I think every country you work in makes you pay taxes, even though you have no voting rights....not specific to any country.
Man I'm sounding like a broken record. We want and need citizenship because our son is an Australian citizen. We want the flexability to be able to come and go as we please because he will be able to. I don't relish the idea of being seperated from him in the far flung future if he should choose to come and live here.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:43 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
(1) Whinge
(2) Whinge
(3) Whinge
(4) Whinge
(5) Whinge
(6) Whinge
(7) Whinge
(8) Whinge
(9) Whinge
(10) Whinge
(11) Whinge
(12) Whinge
l left out a few other things l hate about OZ.

(13) WHINGE
(14) WHINGE
(15) WHINGE
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by arkon
Man I'm sounding like a broken record. We want and need citizenship because our son is an Australian citizen. We want the flexability to be able to come and go as we please because he will be able to. I don't relish the idea of being seperated from him in the far flung future if he should choose to come and live here.
Why on earth would your son want to live in OZ if its such a hell hole as you describe it and when he would be living in the best country in the world the UK where he has everything he needs, great high paying jobs , european travel etc as you keep going on about.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:49 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Why on earth would your son want to live in OZ if its such a hell hole as you describe it and when he would be living it the UK the best country in the world where he has everything he needs, great high paying jobs , european travel etc as you keep going on about.

And if he does move here, you'd put up being in the country you hate just so you'd be near to him? Shurely not, Arkon?!

Why not just visit him on holidays and save yourselves a load of grief?

Just think of the frequent flier points!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:12 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

The mere fact that someone like Arkon can, at some point, qualify for citizenship of this country almost gives me cause to revoke my own.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
The mere fact that someone like Arkon can, at some point, qualify for citizenship of this country almost gives me cause to revoke my own.
I agree completely Hutch. The word hypocrite comes to mind doesnt it Although I doubt he will ever do it as I think he would choke on the following words: -

“From this time forward [under God] I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people, whose democratic beliefs I share, whose rights and liberties I respect and whose laws I will uphold and obey.”
Old Oct 21st 2006, 5:43 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
And if he does move here, you'd put up being in the country you hate just so you'd be near to him? Shurely not, Arkon?!

Why not just visit him on holidays and save yourselves a load of grief?

Just think of the frequent flier points!
Who knows what the future will hold. If he should come here when he is older I will obviously be older too probably by another 20 years. Maybe by then I will be ready to live in an open top coffin. As for the oath you need to take I can't see anything in it that I'm not willing to say. I pay taxes here, I keep people in work here, I provide a service here, I've added to the population here. Nowhere does it say you have to like a country to be a citizen of it.

Some peoples short sighted and narrow views on here is stunning (not you ipom). The ignorance of people that think it's ok to have a different citizenship status from my son just because I hate it here. Half the population of the UK don't like the current govenment or aspects of the country, should they all be cast out and have their citizenship revoked just becaust they don't like aspects of the country they live in??
Old Oct 21st 2006, 5:49 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by christinabell
I agree completely Hutch. The word hypocrite comes to mind doesnt it Although I doubt he will ever do it as I think he would choke on the following words: -

“From this time forward [under God] I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people, whose democratic beliefs I share, whose rights and liberties I respect and whose laws I will uphold and obey.”
And which particular part of that line if I was to say it makes me a hypocrite? I pledge my loyalty to Australia? Fine, Doesn't say anywhere on the line that I have to renounce my loyalty to the UK. "whose democratic beliefs I share" Well I do. "whose rights and liberties I respect and whose laws I will uphold and obey" I totally agree here too.

So where in all that wisdom you have decided to chastise me over do I not qualify to stay here as a citizen?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Nothing so far. We've been lucky
huge eletrical/telegraph poles blotting landscape
tradies that don't tell the whole truth!
real estate agents
the fibro huge things (you know like the big banana - okay I know we had our pic taken with it but thats cos it was the only thing in Coffs Harbour!!!)
Old Oct 21st 2006, 6:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by arkon
Your right forgot to mention......
The idiots that think you can instantly sell a 50 acre farm and return home.
So if you can't find someone to buy the farm you will be living in Oz for the rest of your life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.