debts or not

Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:00 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debts or not

I think a pair of ovaries or testes is fair exchange for leaving a pile of debt ... c'mon, let's clean the gene pool people.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm
No it wasn't. It was the US Federal Reserve that called in mortgage debt, causing people to default and consequently caused the collapse of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Nonsense, it was Frank from Manchester not paying off his Argos storecard before absconding to NZ!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

jd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kporte
Nonsense, it was Frank from Manchester not paying off his Argos storecard before absconding to NZ!
I think Jim from Preston did the same thing!!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can I use the PM system to call people names?
No, cos if they report you for it I'll have to ban you

I am feeling naughty today but don't want turned into a frog or something. If you can make me look like George Clooney that would be ok.
Not sure my magic is THAT strong at the moment........I might be able to manage a blue tongued lizard, would that do?

I am thinking of using my credit card for some plastic surgery and then fleeing back to the UK without paying. Is this ok?
Why not make it easier on your self and use someone else's credit card.....!!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No, cos if they report you for it I'll have to ban you

Not sure my magic is THAT strong at the moment........I might be able to manage a blue tongued lizard, would that do?

Why not make it easier on your self and use someone else's credit card.....!!!
Ban me!? You know I am too well behaved for that Pol...Not so keen on the lizard idea, I may stick with the same old face!

I couldn't use someone else's card, that would be a crime!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yes, I forgot about Frank. Damb him and his Argos storecard, we've all got to pay for his debt now with worthlesss fiat currency which has absolutely no value greater than the paper it is printed on anyway.

So what is the discussion about? Worthless Fiat currency debts? Now if money was actually backed by gold it would be a different story...
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ban me!? You know I am too well behaved for that Pol...Not so keen on the lizard idea, I may stick with the same old face!

I couldn't use someone else's card, that would be a crime!
Not if you have their permission..........

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 15th 2010 at 10:27 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

samjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Deancm
There's a big difference between theft and non-payment of debts. One is a criminal offence (theft), the other isn't.
People are jailed for non payment of council tax and TV licence. So even if you don't consider it theft, the government certainly do. Best make it a one way ticket Jeanette.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanettetlw
i dont have credit cards,loans or even an overdraft,i own my own house al i am talking about council tax etc etc
Jeanette, IMO the fact that you are having to ask the question means that you already think maybe it will give you a guilty conscience to skip out on the debts (whoever the money is owed to).
If you were the type to do it without giving a stuff I reckon you would have just done it already, no questions asked (- unless you are indeed a troll just looking to stir things up).

Personally - we had a huge pile of debt before we came across - some was stupidly accrued through naivety and it spiralled from there.
Luckily, after selling up, we had the choice of paying it off and starting with a clean slate but no cash - or pocketing the cash and running. We chose to clean the slate and start from scratch. If we ever decide to go back we can do so with our heads held high.
Since you have the means and are doubting yourself I would recommend wiping that slate, and not be looking over your shoulder or scared to go back.
Good luck!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by samjones1999
People are jailed for non payment of council tax and TV licence. So even if you don't consider it theft, the government certainly do. Best make it a one way ticket Jeanette.
Yes, but use your UK credit card to buy it, then leg it! That way you can afford to pay the council tax before you go! Problem solved!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Jeanette, IMO the fact that you are having to ask the question means that you already think maybe it will give you a guilty conscience to skip out on the debts (whoever the money is owed to).
If you were the type to do it without giving a stuff I reckon you would have just done it already, no questions asked (- unless you are indeed a troll just looking to stir things up).

Personally - we had a huge pile of debt before we came across - some was stupidly accrued through naivety and it spiralled from there.
Luckily, after selling up, we had the choice of paying it off and starting with a clean slate but no cash - or pocketing the cash and running. We chose to clean the slate and start from scratch. If we ever decide to go back we can do so with our heads held high.
Since you have the means and are doubting yourself I would recommend wiping that slate, and not be looking over your shoulder or scared to go back.
Good luck!
Wise words! We are in a similar situation to this, we have however decided to start from scratch again and we are looking forward to having no debt. obv its your choice jeanette tho i can not understand if you are mortgage free that you cant pay your council tax from the sale of your house? i hope you make the right choice and dont live to regret it. Emma
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

Thought some actual facts on this subject would be a nice change!http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/..._and_debts.php
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

I have just sold my house and paid off all my debts, NO morgage, No credit cards, No Loans.

Best feeling in the world.....
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:48 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulandcelia
I have just sold my house and paid off all my debts, NO morgage, No credit cards, No Loans.

Best feeling in the world.....
Aye, the satisfaction of clearing $60,000 of credit card debt AND learning to manage money (so I don't get in the same position again) outweighs the dubious pleasure of 'sticking it to the man'.

I'd wager that people that do this kind of thing are in for similar issues further down to track. If you don't learn from your mistakes then yer doomed to repeat them and all that ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.